From Guild Wars 2 WikiJump to navigationJump to search
This article is about the arena rule-set game mode. For the standard rule-set game mode previously known as Team Deathmatch, see Murderball.
Team Deathmatch is a structured PvP game mode following the arena rule-set.
In Team Deathmatch, the objective is to defeat the enemy players as quickly as possible. Players are placed in two teams of either 2 or 3 players.
- Match winners are decided based on which team first wins three out of a possible five rounds.
- Round winners are decided based on which team first defeats the other team in the time allotted.
If the match goes into overtime, several secondary mechanics activate:
- Healing will be disabled and you will be Revealed to disable stealth.
- The map slowly fills up with a field from the sides towards the center. This field will deal damage equals 20% of the maximum health to any player in contact with it per second until player is defeated, leaves the field, or wins the round.
- See each deathmatch map for any additional secondary mechanic details.
List of team deathmatch maps
- Hall of the Mists (2017-06-20)
- Courtyard (2018-03-03)
- Asura Arena (2018-11-13)
- Auric Span (2019-08-13)