From Guild Wars 2 WikiJump to navigationJump to search
- Effect type
- Game link
The enemies greatly outnumber your forces. Be careful out there!
+20% Magic Find
+25% World Experience
Take no armor damage on death
Being killed by the enemy team will not grant War Score.
— In-game description
Outnumbered is an effect that is applied each scoring tick (every 5 minutes) in World versus World if the player's team are greatly outnumbered by enemy players on that map at the moment of the tick. It serves both as a warning as well as a compensation.
- Once applied, the effect will not be removed until the next tick—even if your team becomes fairly matched during the countdown—so long as you remain in the map for that duration.
- The effect is removed when switching maps in WvW or leaving WvW. That is even the case for switching from a WvW map where your world is outnumbered to another WvW map where your world is outnumbered.
- After switching to an outnumbered WvW map you have to wait for the next tick to end to get the effect.
- Prior to the July 9, 2013 game update, this effect was known as Outmanned.
- Prior to the July 11, 2017 game update, this effect was not tied to scoring ticks and would be applied or removed in immediate response to team numbers. With the introduction of Skirmish reward tracks, some players developed a habit of flooding into Outnumbered maps as the tick approached in order to take advantage of the pip bonus, thereby—ironically—filling the team and removing the effect, preventing anyone from earning the bonus.
- Prior to the November 9, 2021 game update, while this effect was active, the player would gain 5 extra pips towards their Skirmish reward track progress per tick.