Heart of the Mists
Heart of the Mists
The Heart of the Mists is the central staging area for PvP activities. It contains several NPCs that present basic PvP knowledge and tutorials for players, vendors that sell common armor and weapons, golem dummies and NPC sparring partners for combat practice, etc.
- PvP panel (no default keybind) and choose "Enter PvP Lobby". To leave the Heart of the Mists again, click the same button that now says "Exit PvP Lobby".
- Asura gate located at Lion's Arch.
|Hall of Memories|
- Historical screenshots
- Previous loading screens and maps
- Prior to the April 2014 Feature Pack, the area Obrin Ruins was known as Waters of Obrin, which was a lagoon meant to be a training place for underwater combat. With the feature pack, the map Raid on the Capricorn, which featured underwater combat was removed, Waters of Obrin was changed to ruins and the gate was closed.
- During Wintersday 2015, the gates were removed and the ruins were reverted back to a lagoon with training golems and Underwater Combat Master NPC.
- With the August 25, 2015 game update the required completion of the PvP tutorial for gaining access to the Heart of the Mists was removed.
- After that, the NPC's and their renown hearts in the tutorial area were removed, the portal to it was disabled and getting near the area via gliding would teleport you back to the PvP Lobby.
- With the June 20, 2017 game update, Heart of the Mists has been given a visual overhaul, adding a public free-for-all arena and an exclusive VIP area accessible to players rewarded with a pass.
- Timed passes are rewarded through tournament and league play.
- Before the PvP lobby was redone, there was a small cave behind the big ruin in Fallen Halls of Glory where you could find 2 skeletons in chairs playing a game similar to chess.
- The updated map was designed by Carson Marlow.