Herald (Living World)
- Ligacus Aquilo
Plaza of Dwayna
The Upper City
- Order of Whispers
- Living World
Heralds were NPCs that were added to each of the major cities with the Flame and Frost: Prelude release. These NPCs provide information on the latest occurrences in the Living World of Tyria, and direct players where to go in order to experience any new content.
Upon logging in for the first time after the introduction of heralds, players receive a unique mail that varies depending on their race, informing them of the heralds' appearance and purpose.
There are two heralds in each of the major capital cities (The Black Citadel, Divinity's Reach, Hoelbrak, Rata Sum, The Grove, and Lion's Arch), located next to the main entrance as well as the asura portal to Lion's Arch (or, in the case of Lion's Arch, on the bridge to the gate hub leading to the other cities).
- Black Citadel
- Divinity's Reach
- Rata Sum
- The Grove
- Lion's Arch
For previous dialogue, see here.
During Queen's Jubilee
- All heralds before viewing the opening ceremony
- There's still time for you to make the opening ceremony at the new Crown Pavilion! Queen Jennah herself will be there to dedicate our city's newest addition.
- Divinity's Reach herald after viewing the opening ceremony on any character
- Enjoying the festivities? The Crown Pavilion has turned out to be an exciting new diversion.
I think I'll let my bruises heal before I visit the pavilion again. What else is there to do?
- You could assist Her Majesty's hot air balloon pilots, or help light torches around the Beacons of Kryta.
Tell me about the Beacons of Kryta.
- Visit beacons throughout the countryside to retrieve the Flame of Kryta and light nearby ceremonial torches in Her Majesty's honor. The nearest beacon is at the Crown Pavilion.
- What else can I do?
Tell me about the hot air balloons.
- The queen has provided free hot air balloon transportation to the celebration from all over Tyria. I'm sure her pilots would welcome your help protecting their passengers.
- What else can I do?
- All other heralds after viewing the opening ceremony
- So you've been to Queen Jennah's new Crown Pavilion? I'll bet that's something to see.
- It is.
- Note It would look like there was another version of the Beacons of Kryta planned according to the Herald's speech.
During Bazaar of the Four Winds
- All heralds
- The fabled Bazaar of the Four Winds has spontaneously formed in the Labyrinthine Cliffs! You must see it!
- How do I get there?
- I'll think about it.
During Cutthroat Politics
- All heralds
- It's Kiel versus Gnashblade! Whoever has the most supporters wins the Zephyr Sanctum trade contract and secures the open Ship's Council seat, so support your favorite!
There's an open Council seat?
- Don't you remember? Those vile Aetherblade pirates assassinated Captain Theo Ashford, opening a seat on the ruling council of Lion's Arch.
I see. How can I support the candidates?
- Speak to Kiel, Gnashblade, and Sailor Devin in the Labyrinthine Cliffs bazaar. They'll each provide you with opportunities to earn support for your candidate of choice.
- Got it. Thanks!
- I see. Thanks.
- All right!
- After election ended
- Congratulations to Captain Ellen Kiel, newest member of the Ship's Council of Lion's Arch!
How will this affect Lion's Arch?
- Kiel's declared that she's going to lower Tyria's Waypoint costs for four weeks, and research mysterious past events and alliances. She'll also begin a weekly rotation of our favorite activities!
- Hear ye, hear ye! News just in.