-The first team to reach the score limit wins.
-Control capture points to earn points for your team.
-Defeat enemies to earn a small amount of points for your team.
-Get the orb from the center of the map and bring it to any capture point to score points for your team.
-If you take the orb to a capture point that your team controls, you will score the full amount of points. Taking the orb to a point not controlled by your team will yield a partial amount of points.
-Taking the orb to an enemy-controlled capture point will neutralize control of that point.
- Wolf (west)
- Raven (north)
- Bear (east)
- Blue (south-east)
- Red (south-west)
Channel the Orb of Ascension and bring it to any of the three shrines for bonus points. The Orb spawns at the altar in the center of the map and can be picked up through a short commune. While carried, the Orb replaces its carrier's weapon skills with its own in addition to its other effects.
- Orb of Ascension — Bring the orb to any capture point to score. Movement speed decreased by 40%. Prevents stealth and swiftness. Carriers drop the orb if teleportation or invulnerability abilities are used.
The Orb must be taken to one of the three capture points; the altars of the Wolf, Raven, and Bear, located on the surrounding cliffs. If the capture point is owned by the Orb carrier's team, they score 50 points; if not, they score 25 points. Bringing an Orb to an enemy point instantly neutralizes the point. After a successful capture, the Orb will reappear at the altar 2 minutes later. If the Orb is not captured within 1m30s, it will reset to the altar. Players that have been downed drop the Orb where they lay, allowing another player on either team to pick it up and capture.
- Players carrying the Orb can increase their movement speed through traits or passive signet effects.
- Players can use transformation abilities without dropping the Orb.
- Players can use leap and retreat skills without dropping the Orb.
- Although the Orb is dropped if players attempt to traverse with it through a Mesmer's Portal Entre, it is dropped only when the player exits the portal (i.e. at the destination side). If this happens on a capture point the Orb will not count as captured until it is picked up and carried first outside the capture point area then back into it again.
- Spirit Watch was added as part of the Flame and Frost: The Gathering Storm content update on February 26, 2013.
- The capture points are shrines dedicated to the Spirits of the Wild.