Capture pointsCapture the point (0)
- Wolf (west)
- Raven (north)
- Bear (east)
- Blue (south-east)
- Red (south-west)
- Altar of Ascension (center)
- Orb of Ascension (carried by player)
Capture the Orb of Ascension and bring it to any of the three shrines for bonus points. The Orb of Ascension spawns at an altar in the center of the map. It can be picked up through a short commune and will cause an effect while carrying it.
- Orb of Ascension — Bring the orb to any capture point to score. Movement speed decreased by 40%. Prevents stealth and swiftness. Carriers drop the orb if teleportation or invulnerability abilities are used.
The Orb must be taken to one of the three capture points; the altars of the Wolf, Raven, and Bear, which are located on the surrounding cliffs. If the capture point is owned by the Orb carrier's team, they score 30 points; if not, they score 15 points. Bringing an orb to an enemy point instantly neutralizes the point. The orb resets to the altar 10 seconds later. Players that have been downed or teleport immediately drop the orb.
- Players carrying the Orb can increase their movement speed through traits or passive signet effects.
- Players can use transformation abilities without dropping the Orb.
- Players can use leap and retreat skills without dropping the Orb.
- Although the Orb is dropped if players attempt to traverse with it through a Mesmer's Portal Entre, it is dropped only when the player exits the portal (i.e. at the destination side). If this happens on a capture point the Orb will not count as captured until it is picked up and carried first outside the capture point area then back into it again.
- Spirit Watch was added as part of the Flame and Frost: The Gathering Storm content update on February 26, 2013.