From Guild Wars 2 Wiki
Envelop yourself with electrical energy that stuns nearby foes if they attack you. Each attacker can be affected by this only once every 2 seconds.
— In-game description [?]
Traits that improve Shocking Aura
- Powerful Aura — When you apply an aura to yourself, grant that aura to all nearby allies as well.
- Zephyr's Boon — Auras grant fury and swiftness when applied.
- Elemental Shielding — Gain protection when applying an aura to yourself or an ally.
- Superior Rune of Radiance gives swiftness when using an aura.
- Superior Rune of Radiance increases aura durations by 33%.
- This skill can be activated while in the air.
- This skill does not separately cause the stun that is listed below the Shocking Aura description in the tool-tip. This skill fact provides information about what occurs when struck by foes.
- Its cooldown is separate to Tempest Defense; the aura granted however does not stack in duration