From Guild Wars 2 Wiki
- This article is about the Engineer skill. For the environmental weapon skill, see Throw Mine (Old Mine).
— In-game description [?]
- Mines are proximity-triggered, but the engineer may also Detonate them remotely.
- On land, Throw Mine is a ground-targeted skill. Underwater, Throw Mine is a normal use skill, with the mine deploying directly on the player.
- Mines last for 60 seconds, and then disappear.
- If this skill is used outside of combat and then replaced by another utility skill, the mine will remain in place.