, known as the Sorcerer-King
, is a spectre who is the last known king of Ascalon
. In 1072 AE
, his eldest son, Prince Rurik
, was killed traveling across the Shiverpeak Mountains
by Dagnar Stonepate
, making Adelbern the last of his line. Human tales say that in 1090 AE
, he fought the charr single handedly after his comrade's deaths, during the final sieges by the charr. He eventually fought his way to an imperator of the Flame Legion, wielder of the Claw of the Khan-Ur
. The Claw clashed with Magdaer
, Adelbern's sword, and caused a spark of power that engulfed leagues around Ascalon City
in an event known as the Foefire
. The charr tell the tale differently, often saying that in his last few days the late king went mad, reaching a point where he even thought Rurik still lived. When he saw his men retreating from the city, he went into a rage and struck the ground with Magdaer, producing the immense burst of energy now referred to as the Foefire.
His ghost stands watch over Ascalon City and the Ascalonian Catacombs to this day, guarding the land against all threats, both above and below ground, and waiting for his son to return.
 Combat abilities
- Pulls Enemies Close
- Summons Foefire
- Fire Swing - Melee attack that cleaves.
- Gash - Melee attack that cleaves.
- Final Thrust - Melee attack that cleaves and inflicts burning for 2 seconds.
- Foefire - Creates an area of effect firestorm at target location that pulses twice per second over 6 seconds, dealing damage with each pulse.
- Pulls nearby enemies in a point-blank area of effect.
- Stolen skills