Applied Development Lab
Applied Development Lab
The Applied Development Lab is an area within Rata Sum. It is the home instance for an asura player character, and represents the research lab of the player's krewe. Located on land, north-west of the Cube, it is accessible via an asura gate near the Magicat Court Waypoint (southwest corner of the 3rd level).
- Points of Interest
- Engaged Demo Station
- Asura Gates
- Creator's Commons
- Agent Batanga
- Crusader Slep
- Elli (After completion of Ships of the Line)
- Keppa (After completion of Magnum Opus)
- Kozzak (If the College of Statics)
- Krewe Researcher
- Krewe Apprentice
- Mink (After completion of Magnum Opus)
- Professor Blipp (If chosen as mentor)
- Professor Bronk (If chosen as mentor)
- Professor Canni (If chosen as mentor)
- Professor Zinga (if chosen as mentor)
- Retired Researcher
- Scholar Krasso
- Cat (There is also a grey cat that is not part of the hungry cats)
- Feline Familiar
- Ghostly Cat
- Lady Wisteria Whiskington
- Snow Leopard Cub
- Gara (If the grawl have been helped)
- Ikniu (If the hylek have been helped)
- Whispers Agent Otto Barenjaard (If the Order of Whispers has been joined)
- Shashoo (If the quaggan have been helped)
- Shrieksy (If the College of Statics has been chosen)
- Krewe Apprentice: I guarantee the reactor explosion was due to user error.
- Krewe Researcher: Have you traveled to the epicenter to investigate the cause?
- Krewe Apprentice: Unnecessary. Ninty-nine percent of all mishaps are caused by overlooked details—ergo, user error.
- Krewe Apprentice: The ephemeral synergy of entropic disorder prevents it from reaching a ground state.
- Krewe Researcher: Actually, synergy is defined as a cooperative enterprise between two or more factors.
- Female Asura: I know you. I just finished your treatise, "Eternal Alchemy Unified Field Theory."
- Retired Researcher: Oh my. That was a long time ago. I was so young, so enthusiastic, so filled with ideas.
- Female Asura: Any advice you can give me as I pursue my alchemical career?
- Retired Researcher: Heh. Change schools. The Eternal Alchemy is unknowable.
- Golemancer (1): Our discipline is in a rut. Every golem design simply builds on previous work.
- Golemancer (2): Not this again. No one needs miniature golems. Leave it alone.
- Golemancer (1): But I'm close. I just need to overcome the power problem. Perhaps a guano battery.
- Golemancer: Every time the council appoints new Peacemakers, the golems go haywire.
- Researcher: Why is that? Inexperience?
- Golemancer: They all love to tinker and "improve" the golems.
- Golemancer: Those golems have so many layers of autonomic commands, they can barely function.