Meet Zojja and reconsider the situation
- Speak with Zojja.
- Defeat the rampaging VAL-A golem.
Confront Councillor Haia
- Meet Zojja at the Arcane Council Chambers
- Enter the Council Chambers
- Defeat Haia's murderous VAL-A golems
Click here to edit the reward data
- All professions
- Galvanic Coat, Duty-Bound Duffers
- Protean Coat, Ragamuffin Toeshoes
- Adept Coat, Homespun Espadrilles
After meeting with Zojja, she will initiate a test run of a VAL-A golem designed to Haia's specs. It will begin attacking immediately, with the same skills it had in the previous fight, however it will most often use a ranged tossing attack that lands confusion on whoever it hits. This attack is very easy to evade and does not track. Once it's defeated, you'll have to leave the instance, and go to the arcane council for another fight.
The fight inside the arcane council takes place in 3 phases, though they are not separated by anything more than a small pause. The first wave of VAL-A golems is made up of eight miniature versions that only have a basic double-punch and spinning move. The second wave is six more of them. They all have much less health than their larger form. In the third phase, a VAL-PRIME will spawn. While having more health, his moves are actually less difficult to deal with than the original VAL-A. The PRIME can be looted after defeat for standard loot, and the councilors and Zojja can be spoken to.
Snaff Memorial Lab
- Zojja: If all Mink and Keppa are guilty of is idiocy, then the culprit has to be Haia.
- Zojja: I've build this golem to Haia's specs. Once I activate it, we should see results. Stand by.
- VAL-A Golem: Good—morning, mistress. How—may—I—serve—curve—kill—you—today? Kill—kill—kill...
- Zojja: Okay, there's our proof. Hmm. Deactivating the golem may require force.
- Zojja: Time to attack! I've got some aggression to work out.
Cinematic after the fight:
- Zojja: Well, that settles that. The core that Haia swapped in must contain a hidden exploit to drive the golems to murder.
- <Character name>: So we're going up against a councillor? No mean task, but I'm ready. I don't care how high up she is, she can't do this to us.
- <Character name>: No sarcasm this time: Haia's not just smearing Snaff's reputation, or mine. She's killing people and framing us for it.
- Zojja: We have to take her down, in front of the entire council. Let me fire up Mr. Sparkles, and then I'll meet you in the council chambers.
After the cinematic:
- Zojja: Commence operations.
Speaking with Zojja:
- Zojja: Remind me to do beta-tests after Mr. Sparkles has finished his self-diagnostics next time! We could have used his help.
- I'll remember to remind you.
Arcane Council Chambers
Cinematic upon approaching Haia:
- Zojja: Haia! We know you're the one who turned the VAL-A golem into an anti-personnel device.
- <Character name>: We've got all the proof we need, and we're going to expose your machinations to the entire council.
- Councillor Haia: Proof? You mean those blueprints I gave you, the ones my underlings are retrieving from your lab at this very moment?
- Councillor Haia: You're not in my league, dearies. And after my modified VAL-As are finished with my fellow councillors...no one else will be, either.
- Councillor Haia: You'll get the blame of course. Nothing personal: this is merely how top-level Council politics plays out. If it helps, I'd be happy to feign remorse.
- Zojja: Let's go, Savant. If the council gets wiped out by your golems, the Peacemakers will fry us on sight. We'll have to catch up with Haia later.
- Councillor Haia: Good luck, my darlings. Try not to die too painfully.
After the cinematic:
- Zojja: We've got work to do! I just hope those oafs on the Council are grateful.
Speaking with your allies:
- Zojja: Hurry up! We have to protect the Council. Those golems could start attacking at any time!
- Here we go!
- Mr. Sparkles: Objective: Protect—Arcane—Council.
Inside the Arcane Council:
- Zojja: There they are! Stop them before they buttle again.
Approaching the councillors:
- Phlunt: These VAL-A golems are remarkably useful. Wherever did they originate from?
- Councilor Flax: They were a gift from an anonymous donor. Mere toys of course, but it's nice to be appreciated.
- VAL-A Golem: Masters? I—shall—now—perform—a—deep—cranial—massage...with—my—fists.
Speaking with the councillors:
- Councilor Flax: Unacceptable!
- Keep fighting!
- Councilor Ludo: What's the meaning of this? This is a closed session!
- Get away from that golem! It's gone haywire!
- Councilor Zudo: You must be kidding me. What is the meaning of this?
- Golems! Malfunctioning! Haia did it!
- Phlunt: Yikes! Get it off me!
- I'm trying!
During the fight:
- Phlunt: By my ears! Take cover!
- Councilor Flax: I say this is highly irregular. Stop this at once or I shall admonish you most severely!
- Councilor Zudo: Don't let them get me!
- VAL-A Golem: Hostile—detected. Initiate—combat—protocols.
- Phlunt: When I find the parties responsible for this, the furrowing of my brow will be epic!
Speaking with Mr. Sparkles:
- Mr. Sparkles: Execution—order—engaged.
- Get 'em!
During VAL-A Prime fight:
- VAL-A PRIME: Combat—protocols—active. Restricted—weaponry—unlocked. Prepare—for—death. Have—a—nice—die.
- VAL-A PRIME: Would—you—like—a—haircut? I—suggest—a—little—off—the—top...that—is, everything—above—the—neck.
- VAL-A PRIME: You—look—weary-master. Let—me—give—you—a—massage—so—you—can—rest—forever.
- VAL-A PRIME: Do—not—worry, master. I—have—detailed—files—on—blood—stain—removal.
Cinematic after the fight:
- Councillor Flax: Zojja? For once, I'm glad to see you. And is that the Snaff Savant? What is the meaning of this?
- <Character name>: Those VAL-A golems were based on my designs. Councillor Haia tampered with them and sent them to kill as much of the council as possible.
- Zojja: I can vouch for this. Haia is making a power play. We don't have hard evidence, but—
- Councillor Flax: Say no more. Bold moves are Haia's style, and she never leaves evidence that can be traced back to her.
- Councillor Flax: Leave Haia to us. We'll keep an eye on her. She may well receive a lethal gift of her own someday soon. In the meantime, you have our thanks.
- Zojja: Well, it's not a complete victory, but we did save the Arcane Council...and Snaff's reputation. I'm sincerely sorry I ever doubted you.
- <Character name>: I accept your apology, again. Just remember: I'm the Snaff Savant. Sarcasm aside, you can count on me to live up to his example.
<NPC> cheers for <Character name>.
Speaking with your allies after the fight:
- Councilor Flax: Not a bad plan on Haia's part—except where you came in, Savant.
- That's a major understatement.
- Councilor Ludo: Next time I'll bake Haia cookies—with bombs in them!
- Sounds delightful.
- Councilor Zudo: Blasted Haia! When she thinks she's safe...that's when I'll strike! With stealth golems! Or poison mushrooms!
- Good luck with that.
- Phlunt: That Haia won't get the better of me today! Or any other day.
- You'll show her. One of these days.
- Mr. Sparkles: Initiating—diagnostic—self-repairs. Update—1—of—345. Do—not—shut—off—or—unplug.
- Thanks for the help, Mr. Sparkles.
- Zojja: Haia's powerful and wealthy, but even her resources are finite. She really made a run of this crazy mess, didn't she?
She did. And I'm going to make a run of my fist in her face.
- As much as I hate giving up a target, she'll probably get off with a slap on the wrist.
- Maybe next time, then.
She'll get hers. I'm putting my money on another council member doing her in.
- That might just happen. The councillors do a lot of back-and-forth sabotage. We'll have to wait and see.
- She'll get hers. Mark my words.
Don't waste your time with Haia. You're better than her by far.
- I know! But...thanks for saying it. It's good to be appreciated from time to time.
- Anytime, Zojja.
- Someday, I tell you. Someday...I'll get even.