Strike Mission: Shiverpeaks Pass
Strike Mission: Shiverpeaks Pass
Recent reports say Shiverpeaks Pass has become more dangerous since the icebrood construct caused an avalanche that severed the path farther north. Crecia and the Blood Legion are looking for volunteers to trek into the pass to check whether conditions are safe to begin rebuilding the way through.
— In-game description
- Requires completion of A Race to Arms story step.
- The portal for entering the strike mission is located in the southwest edge of Grothmar Valley. Players can enter the portal as a squad.
- Activating the beacon does not lock entry, however starting the boss causes all further participants to enter dead.
- When this mission was featured as the latest one, a public instance was available. Players would be put into a new instance with up to 10 other players.
- If a public mission starts with fewer than 10 players, it will be locked down and no more players will be able to join.
- Speak to the Blood Legion captain to begin the Strike Mission.
- Players in Strike Mission: x (if public)
- Brave the elements and reach the top of Shiverpeaks Pass.
- Engage the icebrood construct.
- Icebrood Construct
- Time remaining: 12:00
- Defeat the boss quickly to obtain more reward chests.
- Daily Chests Awarded: x
- Bonus chest 1 disappears in: 7:00
- Bonus chest 2 disappears in: 4:00
- Strike Mission complete!
- Daily Chests Awarded: x/3
- Mission closes in: 2:00
- Three Grothmar Valley Chests containing Empyreal Fragments and random Medallions and upgrade components.
- Depending on the group's speed, a total of three additional bonus chests may be obtained, containing the following:
- All of the chests also have a chance to contain an additional, rare item, of the following:
- Jumping puzzle
- Boss Fight
A giant Icebrood Construct will be at the final platform, acting as the strike mission's final boss. The boss itself uses a small variety of telegraphed attacks:
- Slam attack / Ice Shock Wave - This attack is telegraphed by a quick red blink across the floor. About a second later, the boss will slam down his fist, and a shockwave will emanate from the circle that will knockdown players. This shockwave can be dodged, jumped or blocked.
- Boulder Rush - A number of frozen boulders will start spinning around the boss. Although relatively weak on their own, they can be dangerous if the player is hit consecutively. The best way to avoid them is to group up around the boss, as the boulders will circle around the group, but without hitting them.
- Great Wave / Whirlwind - Occasionally, and preferably in combination with Boulder Rush, the boss will perform a 180° arm-wave attack. This attack can be dodged or blocked, but will cause a powerful wind to stir afterwards. This wind will cause loss of character mobility and, combined with the spinning frozen boulders, can cause a chain of deadly collisions. Avoid this attack by hugging the boss before it starts.
As with most raid-like bosses the Legendary Icebrood Construct has a pulsing aura, Frostbite Aura, that damages those within range.
Once at 50% health, the boss will lose one arm (Shatter Arm), and will generally start attacking a little more aggressively. The initial slam attack will be replaced with a freezing variant, indicated by a slightly larger AoE ring. The new attack will not cause a shockwave, but rather will spawn a large pool of ice; inflicting heavy chill, it can cause a loss of mobility, coupled with its sliding properties. A new attack called Ice Shatter is similar but different than Boulder Rush.
- Ice Shatter - The icebrood construct shatters a piece of its core, creating ice platforms that shoot multiple ice projectiles. Once the projectiles stop, the platform becomes safe to stand on.
None of the boss's attacks are lethal, and as such can be mitigated with group healing or defensive abilities.
- Blood Legion Captain
- Blood Legion Captain
- Crecia Stoneglow (voice only)
- Rytlock Brimstone (voice only)
- Grothmar Valley Chest - A total of five chests can be found in the jumping puzzle area. They can be obtained even after finishing the strike mission.
- At the Shiver Gate
- Blood Legion Captain: Commander! We're looking for volunteers to scout the pass. See if it's safe to go on. Want to help?
- Speaking to the female captain
- Blood Legion Captain: Do you want to return to Grothmar Valley?
- Speaking to the male captain
- Blood Legion Captain: Thanks for the assistance, Commander. Is your squad ready to go?
- If public:
- (Advancing will lock your party and prevent any other players from joining the Strike Mission.)
- Let's do this.
- We're still waiting for more people to show up.
- If fewer than 10 players
- Blood Legion Captain: Sure there's enough of you?
- (You currently have fewer players than recommended for this Strike Mission. Choose to go forward anyway, or wait for more help.)
Yup. We're ready.
- Your party has been locked.
- No new players will be able to join the Strike Mission. Work with your party to complete the goal!
- We'll wait for more help.
- Exploring the pass
- Rytlock Brimstone: Commander. Heard you're headed back into the pass. I'll be right there—
- Crecia Stoneglow: Give me that! YOU stay put.
- Rytlock Brimstone: HEY!
- Crecia Stoneglow: Be careful up there. Conditions have gotten worse since Bangar left. You'll have to find another way up.
- Crecia Stoneglow: The storm isn't normal. Blocking us from following Bangar...
- Crecia Stoneglow: Makes you wonder if it's intentional. And who's pulling the strings.
- Rytlock Brimstone: Watch yourself out there, Commander.
- Arriving at the platform
- Teleport Beacon Lit.
- <Character name> has braved the weather and reached Bitter Horn. An imbued Norn Beacon has been lit, allowing you to teleport to it if you choose to. While you're outside of Bitter Horn, an interactive icon for the Beacon will appear on your minimap.
- Rytlock Brimstone: Commander! You heard it too, Cre. I should be there!
- Crecia Stoneglow: You're being a distraction!
- Upon defeating the Legendary Icebrood Construct
- Rytlock Brimstone: Sounds like that worked out okay.
- Crecia Stoneglow: But no change to the storm. If someone's responsible, it wasn't that thing. I'll send more scouts later.
- Prologue: Bound by Blood: Ice Breaker — Defeat the final boss of the Shiverpeaks Pass Strike Mission without dying. (3 )
- Prologue: Bound by Blood: Smooth as Ice — Defeat the final boss of the Shiverpeaks Pass Strike Mission within the time limit. (3 )
- Prologue: Bound by Blood: Stay Frosty — Complete the Shiverpeaks Pass Strike Mission. (3 )