Strike Mission: Shiverpeaks Pass
Strike Mission: Shiverpeaks Pass
Click to enlarge.
Recent reports say Shiverpeaks Pass has become more dangerous since the icebrood construct caused an avalanche that severed the path farther north. Crecia and the Blood Legion are looking for volunteers to trek into the pass to check whether conditions are safe to begin rebuilding the way through.
— In-game description
After selecting one of the modes, either Public or Squad, players will be put into a new instance with up to 10 players. If a Public mission engages the boss with fewer than 10 players, it will be locked down and no more players will be able to join. Activating the beacon does not lock entry, however starting the boss causes all further participants to enter dead.
- Speak to the Blood Legion captain to begin the Strike Mission.
- Players in Strike Mission: x (if public)
- Brave the elements and reach the top of Shiverpeaks Pass.
- Engage the icebrood construct.
- Icebrood Construct
- Time remaining: 12:00
- Defeat the boss quickly to obtain more reward chests.
- Daily Chests Awarded: x
- Bonus chest 1 disappears in: 7:00
- Bonus chest 2 disappears in: 4:00
- Strike Mission complete!
- Daily Chests Awarded: x/3
- Mission closes in: 2:00
- Three large Grothmar Valley Chests once per day containing Empyreal Fragments and random Medallions and upgrade components.
- Depending on the group's speed, a total of three additional bouncy chests may be obtained every[verification requested] clear, each containing the following:
- All of the chests also have a chance to contain an additional, rare item, of the following:
This strike mission acts as a good entry point for players tackling instanced content for the first time. Players will be introduced to the concept of 10-player content in a low-pressure environment and can then advance to the Voice of the Fallen and Claw of the Fallen and Fraenir of Jormag strike missions, which are of similar difficulty. Due to their relative ease of difficulty, these three strike missions are collectively referred to by the community as the "IBS EZ3" strike missions.
Interact with the Blood Legion Captain to open the cave entrance nearby. Large snowballs will roll down the cave path and periodically launch all players caught in their path. These hazards can be ignored by either hiding in the cave pockets on the side, using teleport skills, or mitigating the launch with the Stability boon. After passing the cave and climbing on top of the rocks, players must navigate to the end of the jumping puzzle area, which contains a total of five Grothmar Valley Chests along the path. Players can also glide and apply the Swiftness boon to speed up the process. The first person that reaches the end platform will unlock a teleport beacon. All players can then interact with the icon on either the map and minimap to instantly teleport to the final boss.
- Health: 11,698,890
- Enrage Timer: 12 minutes
- Enrage Effect: Defeats all players
- Boss mechanics
- Deadly Ice Shock Wave - A more powerful version of Ice Shock Wave that shatters all ice wall platforms, creating an unavoidable shock wave that deals heavy damage and launches enemies.
- Frostbite - The ice wall platform deals low pulsing damage to players standing on it before it is ready.
- Frostbite Aura - Icebrood construct pulses a volatile aura that deals damage every 3 seconds to all foes within a range of 2,000.
- Ice Arm Swing - Sweeps its right arm across half the arena, dealing medium damage and knocking players back as well as propelling players to spin around it.
- Ice Flail - Sweeps its right arm across half the arena, dealing medium damage and knocking players back.
- Ice Crystal - Creates an area-of-effect projectile periodically at a target's position, dealing low damage and chilling players.
- Ice Shatter - The icebrood construct shatters a piece of its core, creating ice platforms that shoot multiple ice projectiles. Once the projectiles stop, the platform becomes safe to stand on.
- Ice Shock Wave - The Icebrood construct slams its arm down, doing damage and creating a shock wave that knocks enemies down. The shock wave can be jumped.
- Shatter Arm - Shatters its left arm before collapsing to the ground, dealing low damage and pushing nearby players away.
- Snowball - Summons a massive snowball periodically near the entrance of the strike.
- Spinning Ice - Slams into the ground, launching a shockwave and propelling boulders of ice to spin around itself that deal low damage.
Strategy and Tips
Healing and boons are proximity and priority-based, so it is important to stay near the group be in range of receiving them. Swiftness is one of the few boons not removed when engaging a boss in instanced content and can thus be applied to the group beforehand. The Icebrood Construct will not engage in combat until it is attacked. Players can thus stand on top of the boss without triggering the fight, but this increases the risk of accidentally attacking the boss.
100–50% (Passive Phase)
- The Construct throughout this phase will slam the ground four times, unleashing a shockwave each time which does not disable players. The shockwaves can be blocked, dodged, or jumped. The fourth slam will additionally propel several boulders of ice to spin around itself. These are harmless on their own, but dangerous if players are hit by multiple. Players can stand near the boss to completely avoid this attack.
- Upon reaching 85% health, the boss will now swipe half of the arena after the fourth slam of its auto attack chain. A powerful wind will spawn and cause players to spin around the boss. Staying near the boss prior to this attack will prevent players from running into the spinning ice.
- Below 75% health, the boss will additionally create an area-of-effect projectile periodically at a random target's position. Players should sidestep this to avoid getting chilled. This will occur for the entirety of the fight.
50–0% (Aggressive Phase)
- At 50% health, the Construct will become untargetable and collapse to the ground. Players near it will be pushed away and take minor damage. The boss will now attack more aggressively.
- Two ice wall platforms will spawn and chill all nearby players and those hit by its projectiles. The Construct will then swipe the arena three times before channeling a more powerful slam. Instead of a shockwave, the slam will shatter the ice wall platforms and deal heavy unavoidable damage. This cannot be mitigated with blocks, dodges, jumps (if not standing on ice wall platform), or invulnerability. However, stability will prevent players from getting launched. Players can generally tank this attack by applying stacks of the Stability and Protection boons before this attack, then quickly healing up afterwards. The Construct will repeat this attack pattern until defeated.
- Blood Legion Captain
- Blood Legion Captain
- Crecia Stoneglow (voice only)
- Rytlock Brimstone (voice only)
Strike Mission: Shiverpeaks Pass
Thank you for your help during the All-Legion Rally.
Blood Legion must start rebuilding the bridge to the Shiverpeaks that Bangar's troops destroyed. I'm looking for volunteers to head back up the mountain pass to see if conditions have improved enough to do so. After seeing in person what you're capable of, I figured I'd reach out to you.
- At the Shiver Gate
- Blood Legion Captain: Commander! We're looking for volunteers to scout the pass. See if it's safe to go on. Want to help?
- Speaking to the female captain
- Blood Legion Captain: Do you want to return to Grothmar Valley?
- I want to return to the Eye of the North.
- Not right now.
- Speaking to the male captain
- Blood Legion Captain:Thanks for the assistance, Commander. Is your squad ready to go?
- (If public)
- (Advancing will lock your party and prevent any other players from joining the Strike Mission.)
- Let's do this.
- We're still waiting for more people to show up.
- If fewer than 10 players in public
- Sure there's enough of you?
- (You currently have fewer players than recommended for this Strike Mission. Choose to go forward anyway, or wait for more help.)
Yup. We're ready.
- Your party has been locked.
- No new players will be able to join the Strike Mission. Work with your party to complete the goal!
- We'll wait for more help.
- Exploring the pass
- Rytlock Brimstone: Commander. Heard you're headed back into the pass. I'll be right there—
- Crecia Stoneglow: Give me that! YOU stay put.
- Rytlock Brimstone: HEY!
- Crecia Stoneglow: Be careful up there. Conditions have gotten worse since Bangar left. You'll have to find another way up.
- Crecia Stoneglow: The storm isn't normal. Blocking us from following Bangar...
- Crecia Stoneglow: Makes you wonder if it's intentional. And who's pulling the strings.
- Rytlock Brimstone: Watch yourself out there, Commander.
- Arriving at the platform
- Teleport Beacon Lit.
- <Character name> has braved the weather and reached Bitter Horn. An imbued Norn Beacon has been lit, allowing you to teleport to it if you choose to. While you're outside of Bitter Horn, an interactive icon for the Beacon will appear on your minimap.
- Rytlock Brimstone: Commander! You heard it too, Cre. I should be there!
- Crecia Stoneglow: You're being a distraction!
- Upon defeating the Legendary Icebrood Construct
- Rytlock Brimstone: Sounds like that worked out okay.
- Crecia Stoneglow: But no change to the storm. If someone's responsible, it wasn't that thing. I'll send more scouts later.
- Prologue: Bound by Blood: Ice Breaker — Defeat the final boss of the Shiverpeaks Pass Strike Mission without dying. (3 )
- Prologue: Bound by Blood: Smooth as Ice — Defeat the final boss of the Shiverpeaks Pass Strike Mission within the time limit. (3 )
- Prologue: Bound by Blood: Stay Frosty — Complete the Shiverpeaks Pass Strike Mission. (3 )
- Return to Bound by Blood: (Bonus) Strike Back: Shiverpeaks Pass — Complete the Shiverpeaks Pass Strike Mission. (0)
- Prior to the February 28, 2022 game update, the strike mission rewarded shards depending on the weekly Emissary: