Weekly Strike Mission: Fraenir of Jormag
Weekly Strike Mission: Fraenir of Jormag
One of Havroun Weibe's shamans, Hallveig, has reported that the Raven Sanctum has recently been taken over by the Fraenir of Jormag. Raven Shaman Hallveig is looking for volunteers to enter the sanctum and cleanse it of this menace.
— In-game description
After selecting one of the modes, either Public or Squad, players will be put into a new instance with up to 10 players. If a Public mission engages the boss with fewer than 10 players, it will be locked down and no more players will be able to join.
- Portal in the middle of Bjora Marches.
- Only available during its appropriate weekly rotation.
- Strike Mission portal in Eye of the North.
- Available at any time, no matter the weekly rotation.
- Speak to the Raven shaman to begin the Strike Mission.
- Players in Strike Mission: x (if public)
- Engage the Fraenir
- Fraenir of Jormag
- Strike Mission ends in: 10:00
- Silver rewards disappear in: 5:00
- Gold rewards disappear in: 3:00
- Strike Mission complete!
- Mission closes in 2:00
- Bonus rewards obtained: x/2
- Each kill one bouncy chest. Rewards are scaled with the achieved rank.
- Misty Cape Scrap (If Prototype Harmonizing Mist Loom has been purchased.)
- The current week's Prophet Shard:
- Piece of Unidentified Gear (2-3)
- Piece of Common Unidentified Gear (1-3)
- Piece of Rare Unidentified Gear (0-1)
- 35 -45
- 2,000 -4,000 (Karma Rewards are affected by consumable boosters.)
- 32,004 -48,006
- Possible rare rewards:
The Fraenir of Jormag has three different phases. His first and third phases share the same form and largely have the same attacks. The Fraenir's second form is a summoned Icebrood Construct.
- The Fraenir has 4 main attacks
- Dagger Strike - Deals damage and applies vulnerability.
- Flare of Ice – the Fraenir spins, creating three sets of four AoEs nearby that deal moderate damage if they hit. Each set of AoEs is larger and further away from the Fraenir than the previous set but deal the same damage.
- Frozen Missile - The fraenir tracks a target, then fires a frozen missile that deals damage and launches the enemies it hits.
- Icequake - The fraenir slams into the ground creating a shock wave that knocks enemies down and explodes any ice blocks it contacts. The shock wave can be jumped.
- Torrent of Ice - Rains ice blocks over a large area, encasing enemies hit in ice.
- The Icebrood Construct's attacks
- Frostbite Aura - Icebrood construct pulses a volatile aura that deals damage every 3 seconds to all foes within a range of 2,000.
- Ice Flail - The icebrood construct swings its arm, doing damage and knocking enemies down. Breaks free any Bound Ice Elementals that are hit.
- Seismic Crush - The Icebrood construct slams its arm down, doing damage and creating a shock wave that knocks enemies down. Ice shards rain down over the area. The shock wave can be jumped.
- Ice Shock Wave - The Icebrood construct slams its arm down, doing damage and creating a shock wave that knocks enemies down. The shock wave can be jumped.
- Frigid Fusilade - targets players with time ice bombs, which must be dodged, blocked, or reflected/projectile destroyed to avoid damage.
- Ice Arm Swing - Sweeps its right arm across half the arena, dealing heavy damage and knocking players back.
It periodically summons Bound Ice Elementals, which may be destroyed. Periodically, the Fraenir and Construct may gain a Defiance Bar causing Frigid Vortex. This may be broken easily using the Night Terror Special action skill.
- General strategy (brief)
- Groups will generally want 10 players before starting.
- Stay close to the boss and near the center of the arena, for both forms. In his first phase, he may jump away temporarily, but he usually returns to the center. It is easier to dodge key attacks when standing near the center on all phases.
- Stay close to your teammates to help mitigate accidental freezing, to cleave elementals, and to share blocks and boons.
- Having one player bring Stability and/or Aegis granting skills can be extremely helpful.
- Having a player bring a pulling ability like Temporal Curtain for elementals can be helpful.
- A high damage group with at least one player providing blocks will likely have no issue just standing near the boss and hitting it, cleaving allies out of the ice when necessary, and dodging the Construct's sweeping attacks. One player should pull in active elementals on occasion.
- A lower damage group will want to either have one person clearing bound elementals before they are activated, someone to pull in activated elementals, or both.
- General strategy (detailed)
- Phase 1: Start with 10 players. Stand close to your teammates and near the center of the arena. The Fraenir will occasionally jump away from the center, but he will quickly jump back, creating an icy shockwave. Shockwaves may be blocked, evaded, or jumped over. He will also drop very fast AoE attacks that freeze players on impact. Frozen players can fight their way out, or other players may break them out. Soon after freezing players, the Fraenir will explode any remaining ice-crystals. Stay close together to share boons, cleave iced party members, and stay alive. One player will be targeted for a large line-attack, denoted by a red arrow. This may be dodged or blocked. Fight the Fraenir until he reaches 75% health. He will jump away and summon the Icebrood Construct.
- Phase 2: The Construct will primarily attack through slamming its fists on the ground and sweeping its arms across the room. It will also frequently put AoE markers on multiple players. When these markers fill, players will take a decent chunk of damage. This damage can be blocked or evaded. The Construct's defiance bar will periodically unlock. It should be depleted as soon as possible, as you will do additional damage. If it is not, then it will keep around the same depletion progress the next time it is unlocked. (there is no direct "punishment" for not depleting this bar.) At 70% health, the Construct loses an arm and begins to summon Bound Ice Elementals. If he sweeps his arm across them before they are destroyed, they will become Veteran Ice Elementals. Veteran Ice Elementals may be pulled inwards to cleave, or they may be reflected. Targeting one generally unlocks the Night Terror Special Action skill, which may be used to hit both the elementals and the construct. For best results, stand with the Construct between the group and the Elementals when using your special action skill.
- Phase 3: Once the Construct is killed, the Fraenir will return with 25% health remaining. His attacks will be the same as before.
- Health totals
- 12,387,060 for Fraenir and 8,258,040 for the Icebrood Construct.
- Raven Shaman Hallveig: Thanks for the assistance, Commander. Is your squad ready to go?
- If public:
- (Advancing will lock your party and prevent any other players from joining the Strike Mission.)
- Let's do this.
- We're still waiting for more people to show up.
- If fewer than 10 players
- Raven Shaman Hallveig: Could still use more bodies. You sure you're ready?
- (You have fewer players than recommended for this Strike Mission. Choose to go forward anyway, or wait for more help.)
- Your party has been locked.
- No new players will be able to join the Strike Mission. Work with your party to complete the goal!
- We'll wait for more help.
- During the fight
- Fraenir of Jormag: Dream with me!
- Fraenir of Jormag: It's time to sleep beneath the stars.
- Fraenir of Jormag: You've fought so hard...but your long day has ended.
- Whisper in the Dark: Legendary High Shaman — Defeat the High Shaman in the Sanctum Arena. (10 )
- Daily Bjora Marches: Daily Legendary Hunter — Defeat a legendary creature in the Raven Sanctum. (0)
- Shadow in the Ice: Elemental Elegy — Dispatch 10 elementals before they are freed in the Fraenir of Jormag encounter. (10)
- Shadow in the Ice: Fraenir Frolic — Defeat the Fraenir of Jormag without being hit by any shock waves. (5)
- Shadow in the Ice: High Shaman, High Stakes — Defeat the Fraenir of Jormag without being downed or defeated. (5)
- Shrines to Eagle can be found within the arena.