Weekly Strike Mission: Boneskinner
Weekly Strike Mission: Boneskinner
One of Havroun Weibe's shamans, Hallveig, has reported that the Raven Sanctum has recently been taken over by the boneskinner. Raven Shaman Hallveig is looking for volunteers to enter the sanctum and cleanse it of this menace.
The fearsome boneskinner has taken over Raven Sanctum. Cleanse it of this menace.
— In-game description
After selecting one of the modes, either Public or Squad, players will be put into a new instance with up to 10 players. If a Public mission engages the boss with fewer than 10 players, it will be locked down and no more players will be able to join.
- Portal in the middle of Bjora Marches.
- Only available during its appropriate weekly rotation.
- Strike Mission portal in Eye of the North.
- Available at any time, no matter the weekly rotation.
- Speak to the Raven shaman to begin the Strike Mission.
- Players in Strike Mission: x (if public)
- Draw Out the Boneskinner
- Defeat the boneskinner
- Strike Mission ends in: 10:00
- Silver rewards disappear in: 5:00
- Gold rewards disappear in: 3:00
- Strike Mission complete!
- Mission closes in 2:00
- Bonus rewards obtained: x/2
- Once per day:
- Each kill one bouncy chest. Rewards are scaled with the achieved rank.
- Misty Cape Scrap (If Prototype Harmonizing Mist Loom has been purchased.)
- Prophet Shards of the week's corresponding color.
- Piece of Unidentified Gear (2-3)
- Piece of Common Unidentified Gear (0-2)
- Piece of Rare Unidentified Gear (0-1)
- Boneskinner Ritual Vial (3 if Silver, 9 if Gold, and rarely 30 for Gold)
- 35 -45
- 2,000 -4,000 (Karma Rewards are affected by consumable boosters.)
- 32,004 -48,006
- General strategy (brief)
The Boneskinner strike boss is a fairly mechanic heavy fight that rewards high damage (the health pool is 20,979,420 health) and healing. It has a number of auras that tick damage and torment throughout the fight. These auras can be reduced in effectiveness and size if more torches are kept lit. There are six torches around the arena that are lit at the beginning of the fight. The Boneskinner will put them out periodically but they can be re-lit by interacting with them and pressing 'F'. Damage is greatly increased when torches are unlit.
Two strategies can be used to avoid/negate this aura ticking damage. The first is to assign several players or teams of players to go out and re-light the torches after they have been extinguished thus reducing the aura damage. This becomes much more difficult to do when the Veteran Aberrant Wisps spawn. The second predominant strategy is to use a number of healers and either heal through the damage completely or deal with the wisps projectiles by reflecting/destroying/absorbing them.
Veteran Aberrant Wisp's Barrage can be reflected. Grasp - the small AoE that last - isn't cast when all players are within a radius of 450 from the boss.
- General strategy (detailed)
The Boneskinner's overall damage aura, Unnatural Aura, has a range of 2000 and can't be avoided. However, the Tormenting Aura starts out smaller as a black/green AoE underneath the Boneskinner. As more torches are extinguished over time by his attacks, Death Wind initially, this aura will increase in size. Standing outside of the AoE prevents any damage from being taken but if the torches are left unlit it will eventually cover the entire arena.
The Boneskinner will start the fight with this Tormenting Aura up and will always do Death Wind which can be seen as an orange/yellow cone starting from the boss and getting larger as it reaches the edge of the arena (a cone shaped attack). This attack can be side-stepped, dodged, evaded, blocked etc. but will deal damage if not avoided as well as stun the player.
After the initial attack the Boneskinner will then use Grasp which spawns a small orange AoE beneath players' feet which slowly fills with red. Once the circle is entirely filled with red the AoE with dark claws appears and will do high damage to any players remaining in the AoE. If players stack tightly in a single spot and rotate periodically when these AoE's spawn this attack can be avoided entirely.
The Boneskinner also will slam his arms down periodically using Cascade(?) which sends a pizza slice wave of damage starting from the center and going towards the edge of the arena. Like Death Wind this attack can be avoided by sidestepping or dodging/blocking/etc.
- Phase 1 (100% - ?65%)
The boss will start the fight by extinguishing a torch (with the cone attack centered on one torch). A player should be ready to light up again the light, then go back to the rest of the squad and hit the boss.
At 85% of health, the boss will stand on two feet and starts summoning Wisps. Players should be ready and spread around the torch to prevent the Wisps from extinguishing it. It's worth mentioning that at that moment the special action will not be available. It seems to be available once some Wisps have been hit. (It's far easier to spread and kill the Wisps than trying to hard CC them). Once all Wisps are dead and torches are lit again, go back to the center, if needed finish the CC and start hitting the boss again while rotating around the boss. Again he will sometimes use the cone attack to extinguish a torch, and again a player should be ready to light it again.
Afterwards every 10% (75%, 65%) he will start again summoning Wisps.
For players trying to get the Hold onto the Light achievement, one possible strategy is to allow the Boneskinner to extinguish all the torches at the start of the fight before it begins summoning Wisps. This is done by not damaging the Boneskinner below 85% until it has done so. The extinguished torches are then ignored and not relit during the rest of the fight. This follows the second Boneskinner strategy of including multiple healers in your squad to heal the group through all the damage of the Tormenting Aura and other effects.
- Phase 2 (75%)
At 75% the boss will disappear, and all players will be pulled to the center of the arena.
- Raven Shaman Hallveig: Thanks for the assistance, Commander. Is your squad ready to go?
- If public:
- (Advancing will lock your party and prevent any other players from joining the Strike Mission.)
- Let's do this.
- We're still waiting for more people to show up.
- If fewer than 10 players
- Raven Shaman Hallveig: Could still use more bodies. You sure you're ready?
- (You have fewer players than recommended for this Strike Mission. Choose to go forward anyway, or wait for more help.)
- Your party has been locked.
- No new players will be able to join the Strike Mission. Work with your party to complete the goal!
- We'll wait for more help.
- Interacting with the gate
- Raven Shaman Hallveig: Do you want to return to Bjora Marches?
- Whisper in the Dark: Legendary Boneskinner — Kill the boneskinner in the Sanctum Arena. (10 )
- Daily Bjora Marches: Daily Legendary Hunter — Defeat a legendary creature in the Raven Sanctum. (0)
- Shadow in the Ice: Deathless Hunt — Defeat the Boneskinner in the Sanctum Arena without being downed or defeated. (5)
- Shadow in the Ice: Flickering Light — Light 30 torches while fighting the Boneskinner in the Raven Sanctum. (5)
- Shadow in the Ice: Hold onto the Light — Complete the Boneskinner Strike Mission without letting any torches be extinguished by wisps. (10)
- Shrines to Wolverine, as well as several bodies of deceased Vigil members, can be found within the arena.