Weekly Strike Mission: Boneskinner
Weekly Strike Mission: Boneskinner
Click to enlarge.
One of Havroun Weibe's shamans, Hallveig, has reported that the Raven Sanctum has recently been taken over by the boneskinner. Raven Shaman Hallveig is looking for volunteers to enter the sanctum and cleanse it of this menace.
The fearsome boneskinner has taken over Raven Sanctum. Cleanse it of this menace.
— In-game description
After selecting one of the modes, either Public or Squad, players will be put into a new instance with up to 10 players. If a Public mission engages the boss with fewer than 10 players, it will be locked down and no more players will be able to join.
- Portal in the middle of Bjora Marches.
- Only available during its appropriate weekly rotation.
- Strike Mission portal in Eye of the North.
- Available at any time, no matter the weekly rotation.
- Speak to the Raven shaman to begin the Strike Mission.
- Players in Strike Mission: x (if public)
- Draw Out the Boneskinner
- Defeat the boneskinner
- Strike Mission ends in: 10:00
- Silver rewards disappear in: 5:00
- Gold rewards disappear in: 3:00
- Strike Mission complete!
- Mission closes in 2:00
- Bonus rewards obtained: x/2
- Once per day:
- Each kill one bouncy chest. Rewards are scaled with the achieved rank.
- Misty Cape Scrap (If Prototype Harmonizing Mist Loom has been purchased.)
- Blue Prophet Shard (1-3)
- Piece of Unidentified Gear (2-3)
- Piece of Common Unidentified Gear (1-2)
- Piece of Rare Unidentified Gear
- Boneskinner Ritual Vial (3 if Silver, 9 if Gold, and rarely 30 for Gold)
- 35 -45
- 2,000 -4,000 (Karma Rewards are affected by consumable boosters.)
- 32,004 -48,006
This strike mission is the next progression after players complete the Shiverpeaks Pass, Voice of the Fallen and Claw of the Fallen and Fraenir of Jormag strike missions, which are collectively referred to by the community as the "IBS EZ3" strike missions. As with the Whisper of Jormag strike mission, this fight is significantly more difficult. These two encounters along with the EZ3 strike missions are collectively referred to as the "IBS Fast 5" strike missions due to their relatively quick completion speed compared to the Cold War and the Forging Steel strike missions.
- Health: 20,979,420
- Enrage Timer: 10 minutes
- Enrage Effect: Defeats all players
This encounter has a lot more healing pressure and heavily punishes players that get hit by mechanics. It is thus recommended to have at least two dedicated healers and skills that help reposition downed players, such as "Search and Rescue!". Players with the respective essence manipulation mastery can attack the nearby Pylon of Resilience to collect orbs for the Power of Resilience effect.
The arena contains six torches outside the circular pattern in the center, which the Boneskinner will periodically extinguish. Players can interact with an unlit torch to relight it. Furthermore, two auras will apply consistent damage throughout the fight:
- Unnatural Aura: Pulses low damage every three seconds.
- Tormenting Aura: Pulses every second if a torch is unlit, with damage increasing per stacks of the aura. This starts out as a small AoE around the boss, before expanding in size for each extinguished torch and covering the entire arena.
- If at least one torch is extinguished, players will alternate between 2 and 4 stacks of the aura.
- If at least three torches are extinguished, players will alternate 3 and 6 stacks.
- If at least five torches are extinguished, players will alternate 4 and 8 stacks. This is generally the breaking point and will require at least two dedicated healers to outheal the pulsing damage.
Although the intended strategy is to have designated players relight the extinguished torches, the most common strategy is to have all players stacked together near the boss and outheal the damage with dedicated healers. However, the general process is the same for both strategies aside from how the torches are dealt with.
Players attempting the Hold onto the Light achievement will find it easier with the second strategy. Because the group will allow all torches to be eventually extinguished by the Boneskinner, the wisps will be unable to extinguish them. Players should allow all torches to be extinguished by the boss before reaching 85% health, then continue the fight as normal.
The boss begins by extinguishing a torch and will periodically continue to do so in a clockwise manner. Due to the damaging auras present during this fight, it is imperative for players to avoid getting hit by the Boneskinner's attacks.
|Death Wind||The boneskinner spews a noxious cloud that can extinguish torches, and knocks down and applies Weakness to enemies. The boss will alternate between using this skill or Cascade.|
|Cascade||The boneskinner launches a cascade of darkness that rapidly deals medium damage per hit. Players standing near the boss cannot be hit by this attack. The boss will alternate between using this skill or Death Wind.|
|Grasp||The boneskinner raises its right leg and spawns shadowy claws underneath all alive players that rapidly pulse low damage and weakness (the initial hit applies Torment). The AoEs will persist for a while and deal much more damage per hit if stacked. Players downed within these fields will more than likely be defeated, so the group should ideally stack together tightly to have these AoEs cover a smaller area. After the AoE has been dropped, players can move slightly clockwise or counterclockwise to drop the next set of AoEs.|
|The boneskinner charges towards a torch and permanently destroys it. Afterwards, it leaps to the center after a delay and deals heavy damage.|
|Douse in Darkness||The boneskinner jumps out of the arena and Pulls all players into the center, extinguishing all torches in the process. It will then smash the center after a delay and deal heavy damage.|
The standard attack pattern for the Boneskinner is: Death Wind → Grasp → Cascade → Grasp
At 90% health and every 10% health after, it will stand on two feet, unlock its defiance bar, and start summoning Veteran Aberrant Wisps. Breaking the bar will apply Stun and Exposed to the boss; failing it has no effect. The wisps should ideally be pulled into the group. Players can also use projectile destruction and reflect skills to mitigate their attacks.
Players will also gain access to the Spirit Nova special action skill that can be used to deal large damage and assist with breaking the bar. Although the skill does not reliably appear during this mechanic, hitting the wisps will also generally unlock this skill as well, allowing players to massively inflate their damage if taken advantage of.
At 75% and every 25% health, the boss will will perform its Douse in Darkness attack. Afterwards, it will now periodically use its Charge and Crushing Cruelty attacks.
- Raven Shaman Hallveig: Thanks for the assistance, Commander. Is your squad ready to go?
- If public:
- (Advancing will lock your party and prevent any other players from joining the Strike Mission.)
- Let's do this.
- We're still waiting for more people to show up.
- If fewer than 10 players
- Raven Shaman Hallveig: Could still use more bodies. You sure you're ready?
- (You have fewer players than recommended for this Strike Mission. Choose to go forward anyway, or wait for more help.)
- Your party has been locked.
- No new players will be able to join the Strike Mission. Work with your party to complete the goal!
- We'll wait for more help.
- Interacting with the gate
- Raven Shaman Hallveig: Do you want to return to Bjora Marches?
- Whisper in the Dark: Legendary Boneskinner — Kill the boneskinner in the Sanctum Arena. (10 )
- Return to Whisper in the Dark: (Bonus) Strike Back: Raven Sanctum — Defeat a legendary creature in the Raven Sanctum. (0)
- Daily Icebrood Saga: Daily Legendary Hunter — Defeat a legendary creature in the Raven Sanctum. (0)
- Shadow in the Ice: Deathless Hunt — Defeat the Boneskinner in the Sanctum Arena without being downed or defeated. (5)
- Shadow in the Ice: Flickering Light — Light 30 torches while fighting the Boneskinner in the Raven Sanctum. (5)
- Shadow in the Ice: Hold onto the Light — Complete the Boneskinner Strike Mission without letting any torches be extinguished by wisps. (10)
- Shrines to Wolverine, as well as several bodies of deceased Vigil members, can be found within the arena.
- Prior to the February 28, 2022 game update, the strike mission rewarded shards depending on the weekly Emissary: