From Guild Wars 2 WikiJump to navigationJump to search
This article is about the fractal boss. For the enemy in Dragon's End, see Jade Maw (Dragon's End).
Render by Katy Hargrove.
The Jade Maw is a kraken and the final boss encounter in the Solid Ocean Fractal.
- Primary article: Solid Ocean Fractal#Walkthrough
- Dense Scales - Immune to Normal Damage.
- Jade Beam - The Jade Maw's beam attack can be avoided with skills that provide an evade effect (like Distortion, Elixir S or a dodge) or endured with an invulnerability effect such as the one from skills like Obsidian Flesh. Dodging right after the red skull warning icon above the character disappears will avoid the beam every time.
- Bolt III: Zap: Bottle of Jade Energy — Use a Capacitive Bottle to capture energy from the Jade Maw's beam attack in the Solid Ocean Fractal.
- Ad Infinitum I: Finite Result: Jade Kraken Timed Mote
- The Bifrost III: The Legend: Jade Maw's Eye Lens
- Twilight III: Dusk: Jade Night — Use the Gloominator to capture the night after killing the Jade Maw in the Solid Ocean Fractal.
- Fractals of the Mists: No Lasers! — Defeat the Jade Maw without anyone in your party being hit by its beam attack. (5 )
- Quip III: Chaos Gun: Prank the Jade Maw — Throw a trickster's pie at Jade Maw in the Solid Ocean Fractal.
- Astralaria IV: The Cosmos: Whisper of Jade Wind — An artifact full of Mists energy found in the chest after defeating the Jade Maw in the Solid Ocean Fractal.
- Due to its Dense Scales effect, it cannot be damaged by any regular skills.
- The Agony applied by the Maw's phase transitions lasts for 9 seconds, ticking 9 times in total and cannot be avoided by any means.
- There are many one-eyed creatures in mythology, notably the Balor of Irish legends, a giant cyclopean god whose evil eye could kill with just one look. Some stories state that he was killed by a stone fired from a slingshot by his grandson, Lugh.