From Guild Wars 2 WikiJump to navigationJump to search
- Summons Wisps
- Inhibited by Light
- Death Wind - The boneskinner spews a noxious cloud, launching enemies and applying torment. Extinguishes torches.
- Unnatural Aura - The boneskinner pulses a volatile aura that deals damage every 3 seconds to all foes within a range of 2,000.
- Tormenting Aura - Does damage every second. Damage increased per stack.
- Douse in Darkness - Pulls enemies towards the center of the room. Extinguishes torches.
- Grasp (dark aoe with claws)
- Charge (destroys a torch), followed by Crushing Cruelty
- Crushing Cruelty
- Stolen skills
- Upon release, the encounter within the strike mission was bugged, with issues including faulty damage output, malfunctioning breakbar punish and inconsistent AoE and debuff usage. This was corrected in a subsequent game update.
- Boneskinners were originally called Wendigo, referring to the Wendigo, a mythological spirit that originates from Algonquian tribes. They should not be confused with the unrelated Berserking Wendigo from Guild Wars: Eye of the North.
- The Boneskinner was teased during the Extra Life charity stream, with the text: "𝕊𝕌𝕄𝕄𝕆ℕ 𝕋ℍ𝔼 𝔹𝕆ℕ𝔼𝕊𝕂𝕀ℕℕ𝔼ℝ : At $100k we'll reveal the date and title of the next Living World episode!"
- A teaser video was shown after hitting the $100k mark.
- The Boneskinners have been designed by the following developers:
- ^ Reddit.com | Dev comment on r/Guildwars2
- ^ Guild Chat - Episode 95
- ^ ArenaNet Extra Life Game Day stream, third video at 6:01:30, Twitch.tv
- ^  "Matthew Pugnetti created beautiful concept work for this, the excellent Chris Bennett worked on the high poly sculpt, and Nathaniel Hubbell, Nick Ajer and Lee Bledsoe made some great effects. Designers were Justin Reilly and Taylor Southerland.", katepicchi.com