Challenge Motes are small interactive will-o'-wisps which activate buffs on players, allowing them to acquire achievements during Living World instances, Fractals of the Mists, Strike Missions, and Raids. In Living World instances, players can interact with a Challenge Mote to retry the event for achievements. In Raids, Fractals, and Strike Missions, Challenge Motes may be used to activate a harder version of an event or instance.
List of challenges
Fractals of the Mists
- Legendary Backpacks
- Echoes of the Past
- The Dragon's Reach, Part 2
- Tangled Paths
- Seeds of Truth
- Point of No Return
- Heart of Thorns: Act 4
- Forging Steel (Only available in a Squad instance.)
- In Forging Steel
- In warfare, many events and possibilities exist. You may add to your burden in hopes of recognition.
- Challenges must be finalized before the Steel Warband leaves camp.
- Mission Challenge: Tank Escort) Letting the devourer tank become badly damaged fails the mission. (Activates
- Mission Challenge: Powerful Foes) Your enemies are greatly empowered.(Activates
- Mission Challenge: Final Boss) Your final adversary is greatly toughened.(Activates
- Mission Challenge: Horde of Foes) Your enemies are far more numerous.(Activates
- Turn on every challenge!
- Turn off every challenge.
- This seems fine.
(Green Arrows will become Checkmarks when a challenge is selected.)
- In Fractals of the Mists
- A voice whispers on the wind, daring you to test your mettle.
- Activate Boss Challenge mode?
- Let's go!
- I'm not ready for this.
- For the purpose of fractal challenge motes, players that are not present to receive the Challenge Mote Activated! effect when challenge mode is instigated will not receive achievement credit for killing the boss.
- Usually abbreviated in LFG as "CM", e.g. "Nightmare 99 CM" for "Fractal level 99, Challenge Mote."
- All challenge motes for Echoes of the Past allow retry of the boss (and achievement) after it is defeated.
- Fractal challenges for the Legendary Backpacks all reduce healing for the final boss fight by 80%.