From Guild Wars 2 Wiki
Marriner Plaque locations
|#||Area|| Closest Waypoint or
Point of Interest
|1||Western Ward|| Moran Memorial
||Head south from Sanctum Harbor Waypoint. The plaque is right next to the point of interest.|
|2||Sanctum Harbor|| Macha's Landing
||Head east from Sanctum Harbor Waypoint and go past the lobster. Head into the arch and go up the incline. The plaque is located at the top where it opens to the sea|
|3||Western Ward|| Crow's Nest Tavern (Captain's Council)
||Head north from Sanctum Harbor Waypoint and head up the stairs and ramps to your left. Climb up the stairs up the side of the tower until you reach the Crow's Nest Tavern at the top. The plaque is on the west side of the smaller tower, past Captain Peter the Lost.|
|4||Sanctum Harbor|| Captain Theo Ashford Memorial Bridge
||Head north from Fort Marriner Waypoint across the bridge toward the Grand Piazza. The plaque is at the center of the bridge between Grand Piazza and Fort Marriner.|
|5||Sanctum Harbor|| Phoenix Roost
||Head southwest from Claw Island Portage Waypoint (do not swim, there may not be a way up from the water). The plaque on the north cliff just before the bridge to the lighthouse.|
|6||Fort Marriner|| Claw Island Portage Waypoint
||Head northeast from the Claw Island Portage Waypoint. The plaque is next to a box and barrel.|
|7||Sanctum Harbor|| Wreckage of the Breachmaker
||Swim west from Claw Island Portage Waypoint. The plaque is on the ocean floor next to a large mossy circular object.|
|8||Inner Harbor|| Deverol Island
||Head north from the Farshore Waypoint and go across the bridge to the west. The plaque is on the far southwestern tip of the island, next to the gravestones.|
|10||Sanctum Harbor|| Claw Island Portage Waypoint
||At the edge of the cliff, directly north of the Claw Island Portage Waypoint.|
|11||White Crane Terrace|| Field of the Fallen
||Head southwest from Western Ward Waypoint and go into the tunnel in the middle of the ramp. The plaque is in the form of a book at the foot of a broken statue. Cassin Hoppal directs you to examine it.|
|12||Trader's Forum|| Frog Pond
||From the Sanctum Harbor Waypoint, head northeast until you reach the Trading Post building, shaped like a conch. The plaque is located inside, at the back of the room.|
|9|| Drowned Brine
| Harbinger Point of Interest
||The only plaque outside of Lion's Arch is inside a sunken Dead Ship Harbinger, far to the west of Lights Waypoint, just before the border of the map. It is on the top enclosed deck, and you can see it if you are amidships, facing west. The plaque is in front of a cabin-like area.|
Marriner Plaque Inscriptions
- Finding all 12 plaques is tracked via the History Buff achievement, which reward Sea of Sorrows. Plaques do not need to be discovered or read in any particular order for the achievement.
- Each location is based on a location at which Cobiah Marriner was present in the Sea of Sorrows novel.
- The plaques were added in the Dragon Bash release, but could not be read until Sky Pirates of Tyria.
- The open book on the statue of Cobiah Marriner reads, "I say we build a port of our own. We build it, and we defend it against Orr. We make it a free port, not beholden to any nation, open to anyone who sails the sea. We'll teach others how to fight against the dead ships, using charr weaponry, asuran innovation, and human courage. The port would be open to any and all, so long as they'll fight against Orr and help to keep the waters clear." - Cobiah Marriner.
- This quote is said by Cobiah in the Sea of Sorrows (book) on page 215.