Obsidian Sanctum (zone)
A large domed arena in the northwest is accessible from a tunnel north of the original central starting location.
- Enter the Mystic Portal found in each of the three keeps in the Eternal Battlegrounds.
- Select it from the drop down list on the World vs World drop down menu ( ).
- Enter the portal in Fort Marriner in Lion's Arch.
There are exits to Lion's Arch next to each waypoint at the start of the puzzle and a fourth at the end.
- There are two guaranteed spawns of Orichalcum Ore placed at random intervals along the jumping puzzle.
Each of the three waypoints contain the following service NPCs:
- Arcane Eye Agent
- Black Lion Trader
- Heroics Notary
- Laurel Merchant
- Legendary Commander War Razor
- Siege Master
- Skirmish Supervisor
- Skritt Trader
- Traps and Tricks
- Weapon Master
- World Ability Master
Additionally the following NPC is available at the northwest arena:
- This map was previously abused to gain loot, experience, and the Realm Avenger achievement and medal.
- Players from each world would defeat each other in the starting area of the puzzle using area damage over time skills and Retaliation.
- This was addressed with two significant updates: June 1, 2016 and March 28, 2015, both of which are detailed below.
- The following game updates have modified this location:
- September 29, 2020: Added the vendor Roy, who sells the Endless Potion of Ascalonian Mages, to the northwest arena in the Obsidian Sanctum.
- March 6, 2018: Added WvW vendors to Obsidian Sanctum spawn areas.
- June 14, 2016: Fixed a bug in which players were no longer given immunity while standing at their starting location.
- June 1, 2016: The spawn locations for the three teams have been moved farther apart. This was done to further reduce kill trading and spawn camping.
- March 28, 2015: Loot obtained by killing other players was removed from this map.
- September 22, 2014: Configured free trial accounts to block access to World vs. World maps.
- February 19, 2014: Fixed the Obsidian Sanctum exits so they bring players to the Mists asura gates in Vigil Keep.
- November 26, 2013: A new area, the arena in the northwest, has been added to the Obsidian Sanctum jumping puzzle. The Borderlands Bloodlust effect was also disabled. Entry to the Obsidian Sanctum can now be made directly from the drop-down menu of the WvW panel.
- 25 June 2013: Pirates temporarily added to the Obsidian Sanctum as part of the Sky Pirates of Tyria release.
- May 28, 2013: Players can now exit Obsidian Sanctum using the portals behind their entrance points. Orichalcum nodes were also restored having been removed in an earlier update.
- May 14, 2013 (The Secret of Southsun release): In order to reduce the queue times, Obsidian Sanctum was moved to its own map outside of the Eternal Battlegrounds. Entering the puzzle will take players out of the Eternal Battlegrounds. Leaving will take players back to Lion's Arch.
- April 30, 2013: Chest rewards limited to one chest per day per account, previously there was no daily limit.
- At the northernmost waypoint (green), there is a wall which can be walked through (between the Laurel Merchant and the Black Lion Trader) into a small empty area.