The Aberrant Forest is an area within Bjora Marches overrun by Aberrant creatures. It is said to be home to dark and powerful magic which affects trespassers with insatiable hunger; if those who are affected give in to the hunger and eat the flesh of their comrades, they eventually transform into boneskinners which begin stalking their prey in the forest. The Spirits of the Wild Ox and Wolverine have shrines dedicated to them deep within the forest, and the shrines are now shrouded in darkness.
Locations and objectives
- Mastery Insights
- Bjora Marches Insight: Aberrant Forest
- Close the energy vortex (80) [Group Event]
- Defeat the Boneskinner (80) [Group Event]
- Defeat the Champion Aberrant Skelk (80) [Group Event]
- Defeat the patrolling Aberrant enemies (80)
- Defeat the patrolling Sons of Svanir (80)
- Escort the relief crew to the Aberrant Forest (80)
- Kill the nightmares hiding the survivors (80)
- Trial of Koda: Defeat the leader of the enemy patrol (80) [Group Event]
- Aberrant Haunt
- Aberrant Imp
- Aberrant Murellow
- Aberrant Skelk
- Aberrant Warg
- Aberrant Wisp
- Champion Aberrant Skelk (During related events only)
- Elite Aberrant Wisp
- Veteran Aberrant Imp
- Veteran Aberrant Skelk
- Veteran Aberrant Warg
- Veteran Aberrant Wisp
- Vigil Soldier with a dagger, surrounded by dead comrades (to the south, equal distance between the Ruined Hut and mastery point)
- Vigil Soldier: No. I can't do that. I won't...
- Vigil Soldier: I want to but—
- Vigil Soldier: Rest. I'd like to rest. I'd like to rest...
- Resource nodes
- Shadowy figures, similar to those encountered in the Raven Sanctum, can be sometimes seen in this area.