Corrupted Eagle Spirit
Corrupted Eagle Spirit
May my vision guide you to the victory I once sought.
Following the Elder Dragon Jormag's awakening in 1165 AE, the norn tried to defend their lands in the Far Shiverpeaks from its corruption and destruction, but they were no match for the Ice Dragon. Eagle was one of the Spirits of the Wild—alongside Ox and Wolverine—who stayed behind after Owl's apparent demise and fought the Elder Dragon to give the norn the time to prepare for their exodus to the south. The norn did not know what had happened to Eagle since the exodus, and the Spirit was not mentioned as often as the other Spirits. Unlike other Lost Spirits, Eagle did not get a dedicated shrine at Lost Spirits' Hallow in Hoelbrak.
No norn had been blessed to serve as havroun to Eagle in generations although it was unknown if this was because of Eagle's demise or because it was common for weaker Spirits, or those not close to the physical realm of Tyria, to be without a havroun.
During the Vigil's exploration of Bjora Marches in 1332 AE, several enhanced Sons of Svanir were discovered wielding what appeared to be Eagle's spiritual essence. Researcher Yarixx found a way to manipulate their spirit essence of Vigilance to turn them strong and weak against other minions of Jormag—Aberrant and Fallen—who had been infused with the essences of Valor and Resilience related to other lost Spirits of the Wild. Beyond the Sons of Svanir being infused with Eagle's essence and building many of their camps at Eagle's abandoned shrines, there was no other clue about the ultimate fate of Eagle.
As the years passed, the fleeing kodan of Still Waters Speaking who were stranded in Bjora Marches discovered the Lost Spirits' actual fate, however. Ox, Eagle and Wolverine had failed to defeat Jormag, and had been taken and corrupted via the Ice Dragon's tempting whispers which had offered them power. Drakkar, Jormag's champion, gained the corrupted Spirits' protection while it fed on their infinite well of magic.
In 1333 AE, Wolf summoned Braham Eirsson, who had fulfilled the first part of a norn prophecy via cracking Jormag's impervious fang, to Sifhalla Ruins in Bjora Marches. There, the Great Spirit instructed Braham and his companions to travel to the corrupted Spirits' shrines and demand their power in order to use their magic against Drakkar and stop the far-reaching whispers, which were plaguing the Far Shiverpeaks, so Braham could become a true norn.
Braham fulfilled Wolf's quest by visiting the shrines. With the help of the Pact Commander, norn shamans and other adventurers who were dedicated to the Spirits, he was able to summon each of the Spirits so he could ask for their aid. Once the party had cleansed the corrupted Eagle shrine, the Spirit initially considered Braham unworthy, prone to act without thinking of the consequences, and too dependent on the commander's plans. Braham countered Eagle's argument, reminding her that every plan has risks, and that a plen's failure doesn't necessarily mean failure, as learning from mistakes gives the foresight to lead. With Braham's words resonating with her own philosophy, Eagle accepted to give him her vision for the battle ahead.
After Braham had gained all the three Spirits' blessings and the Commander had smashed the idols of Jormag whose magic had been rejuvenating the dragon champion, the party tracked Drakkar into its lair where the whispers tried to turn the party members against one another. Crecia Stoneglow and Rytlock Brimstone fell to the whispers and attacked their companions, but the Pact Commander successfully tricked them to direct their attacks on the icy walls of the lair instead to force Drakkar into the open. As the dragon champion emerged from the ice, Braham channeled the powers of Ox, Eagle, and Wolverine who manifested in the lair. Stripped of its magical protection, Drakkar was defeated in a blinding flash, and the Lost Spirits vanished as the dragon champion drew its last breath.
Despite their victory over Drakkar, the corrupted Spirits were unable to wrestle free from Jormag's influence.
- Episode 2: Shadow in the Ice
- Episode 4: Jormag Rising
- Freezing Wind - A large AoE Knockback skill. (during Cleanse the corrupted Eagle shrine)
- Shattered Psyche - A powerful blast that deals immense damage and floats lesser creatures in the air. (during Voice in the Deep)
- Shadow in the Ice: A Bountiful Pastime — Defeat the champions wandering the West Bjora Marches. (5 )
- Shadow in the Ice: Acolyte of the Lost Spirits — Earn gold participation in 20 Ox, Eagle, or Wolverine shrine events. (5 )
- Drakkar: Eagle's Revelation — Defeat the Eagle's Champion Svanir Tyrant while fighting Drakkar in Bjora Marches. (5 )
- Daily Icebrood Saga: Daily Corrupted Spirit Cleansing — Complete Corrupted Spirit events in West Bjora Marches. (0)
- Daily Icebrood Saga: Daily Drizzlewood Coast Flight of the Eagle Spirit — Complete the Flight of the Eagle Spirit adventure in Northern Drizzlewood Coast. (0)
- Jormag Rising: Flight of the Eagle Spirit: Gold — Complete the Flight of the Eagle Spirit adventure with a gold ranking. (3 )
- Jormag Rising: Flight of the Eagle Spirit: Silver — Complete the Flight of the Eagle Spirit adventure with a silver or better ranking. (2 )
- Eagle is voiced by Cherise Boothe.
- Sons of Svanir in Bjora Marches drop essence orbs of Vigilance which share the likeness of Eagle.
- Associated items
- ^ a b Skuld
- ^ GW:EN and Now
- ^ Skaald Stjarna
- ^ Guild Wars 2 Lore Q&A, GuildWars2Guru.com (Archived)
- ^ Gamal
- ^ A Spirit of Legend
- ^ Chasing Ghosts
- Cloudseeker: Drakkar is protected, and not by any ordinary magic.
- Braham Eirsson: Impossible... Ox, Eagle, Wolverine?
- Braham Eirsson: The lost Spirits of the Wild! I thought Jormag killed them. We all did.
- Cloudseeker: Not killed. Taken. Now Drakkar feeds on them—an infinite well of power.
- ^ Still Waters Speaking
- Wolf Spirit: You cracked the Fang of the Serpent. Fate now decrees you will either slay Jormag or fall to Jormag.
- Wolf Spirit: All Spirits know this. Even when taken and corrupted. You must go to their shrines. Demand their power.
- Braham Eirsson: Demand? Will they even listen to me.
- Jhavi Jorasdottir: No. You'll have to make them.
- ^ Shadow in the Ice