- This article is about the world boss. For the event schedule, see Defeat the Shadow Behemoth.
The Shadow Behemoth is a gargantuan nightmare creature and World boss from the Underworld who breaks into the world of Tyria through the Godslost Swamp in Queensdale, near the sunken Temple of the Ages. In combat, it creates portals to the Underworld that summon Shades and aatxes. Killing it is the final objective of the Secrets in the Swamp meta event and a Demonic Chest spawns upon its death.
- Defeat the shadow behemoth (15) [Group Event]
- The Shadow Behemoth roars, summoning thirteen Portals to the Underworld and becoming untargetable. When the portals are destroyed, it uses the Shadow Barrage attack and becomes targetable again after a few seconds.
- Annihilation - Spawns three large area of effect fields that pulse every second, dealing damage.
- Chaos Rift - Point-blank area of effect that appears as purple mist around the base of the Shadow Behemoth, dealing damage over time to enemies standing within it.
- Undead Breath - The Shadow Behemoth slams its claws down, dealing damage and knocking back in an area of effect.
- Shadow Barrage - Missiles fly out and explode, dealing damage and knocking down in an area of effect.
- Concept Art
Art by Kekai Kotaki.
- Bosses: Dispelling Shadows — Close the portals opened by the Shadow Behemoth in less than 20 seconds. (10 )
- Long Live the Lich: The Tyrian Service Medal — Acquire all the available medals from the Tyrian campaign. (1 )
- War Eternal: Skyscale Lost — Track down your skyscale. (1)
- Festival Collections: Mad Armory: Last Rites — Show your allegiance to the Lunatic Court by performing various feats while in a ghostly form from eating certain Halloween foods. (5)
- The Shadow Behemoth was showcased in the Guild Wars 2 demo at gamescom.
- Its combat mechanics were improved with the September 13th, 2013 update.
- Chaos Rifts were used by demons to travel from the mists.
- The Shadow Behemoth spawns at the beginning of night ever since the world boss timer was introduced.