Used in crafting Ascended items.
— In-game description
|Black Lion Commemorative Sprocket||—||—|
- Ascended chest armor, Ascended leggings armor and Ascended weapons using an Ascended Salvage Tool or Ascended Salvage Kit.
Vision Crystals are used in crafting weapons and chest armor for artificer, huntsman, weaponsmith, armorsmith, leatherworker, and tailor. For crafting Stellar weapons, a Vision Crystal is needed to create an Irradiated Vision Crystal at the Beam of Light in The Astralarium.
- Artificer recipes
- Huntsman recipes
- Weaponsmith recipes
- Armorsmith recipes
- Leatherworker recipes
- Tailor recipes
A Vision Crystal is also used to accomplish certain achievements:
- Knight of the Thorn
- A Henge Away from Home
- Lost Pilgrims (not required, and not consumed upon use)
- Chasing Tales (used at the Heroic Font to complete the achievement, is consumed)
- Chasing Tales: Harkon Hakson the Maelstrom
- Chasing Tales: Belitrea the Blade of Want
- Chasing Tales: Mouglon the Watchful
- Chasing Tales: Durio the Contemptuous
- Chasing Tales: Carver the Carver
- Chasing Tales: Mirren the Manipulator
- Chasing Tales: Asaliea the Channeler
- Chasing Tales: Wossaul the Giant
- Chasing Tales: Haliver the Seeker
- Chasing Tales: Codd the Cheerful
- Chasing Tales: Kobbel the Poetic
- Chasing Tales: Katarin the Bonecrusher
- Chasing Tales: Azra the Sunslayer
- Chasing Tales: Baverne the Hunter
- Chasing Tales: Mosa the Majestic
- Chasing Tales: Elegos the Harmless
- In the original Guild Wars, the Vision Crystal was an artifact used in a series of missions that had to be completed in order to ascend.