Legendary Karka Queen
From Guild Wars 2 WikiJump to navigationJump to search
This article is about the world boss. For the event schedule, see Defeat the Karka Queen threatening the settlements.
Legendary Karka Queen
- Driftglass Springs
The Legendary Karka Queen is a world boss in Southsun Cove. When its event triggers, players are given 15 minutes to reclaim 4 settlements (if those settlements are contested by karka invasions or crazed wildlife) and kill the Queen. Once all of them are controlled by the Lionguard, the Karka Queen appears.
- Defeat the Karka Queen threatening the settlements (80) [Group Event]
- Heavily Armored
- Acid Spit
- Spit - Projectile auto-attack that immobilizes for 5 seconds and transfers 1 condition.
- Stomp - The Queen jumps up and stomps twice in succession upon landing, dealing high damage and knocking down for 2 seconds in a point-blank area of effect with each stomp.
- Rolling Charge - The Queen jumps up and spins, pulling its body into a cylindrical shape and rolling forward when it lands. As it travels, it inflicts high damage and knocks down in a point-blank area of effect every second. The Queen gains Might each time an enemy is hit, but it will stop rolling upon reaching 25 stacks. Terrain and other impassable barriers prevent the Queen's movement but do not end the charge. This results in massive, pulsing point-blank area of effect damage that will quickly down or kill any players nearby.
- Throw Egg - Throws a Karka Egg which breaks if it hits a player.
- Stolen skills
|Fallen Adventurer's Backpack||Container||Exotic||1|
|Karka Queen Claw
(only drops if the The Moot I: The Experimental Mace collection is active)
(only drops if the The Moot III: The Energizer collection is active)
|Mistward Boot Lining
(only drops if the Mistward Warboots collection is active)
|Karka Queen's Magic
(only drops if the HOPE IV: The Catalyst collection is active)
1The player must have an activated Dwarven Spell Trap.
- Bosses: Karka Queen Killer — Defeat a legendary karka queen on Southsun Cove. (20)
- The Minstrel I: The Experimental Focus: Rotten Eggs — Throw a karka egg at the Karka Queen in Southsun Cove.
- Quip III: Chaos Gun: Prank the Karka Queen — Throw a trickster's pie at the Karka Queen in Southsun Cove.
- Sunrise I: The Experimental Daysword: Settlement Supporter — Help defend the settlements on Southsun Cove by defeating the Karka Queen.
- The Moot I: The Experimental Mace: Karka Queen Claw — Dropped by the Karka Queen in Southsun Cove.
- The Dreamer III: The Lover: Dream of the Ancient — Found in the Karka Queen's chest.
- The Flameseeker Prophecies III: The Chosen: Terrors of the Deep — Bring an Anthology of Heroes to the defeat of the Karka Queen in Southsun Cove.
- The Moot III: The Energizer: Karka Cake — Dropped by the Karka Queen in Southsun Cove.
- Astralaria IV: The Cosmos: Flawless Ancient Karka Husk — Found in the chest after defeating the Legendary Karka Queen in Southsun Cove.
- HOPE IV: The Catalyst: Karka Queen's Magic — Activate the Dwarven Spell Trap before defeating the Legendary Karka Queen in Southsun Cove to collect her ancient magic.
- Ranoah Grindsteel's Footsteps: Karka Web Gland — Chance to drop from karka enemies. Guaranteed from Karka Queen.
- Mistward Warboots: Mistward Boot Lining — Defeat the karka queen in Southsun Cove.
- The Karka Queen was added with the Last Stand at Southsun release.
- The open-world chest reward was originally limited to once per day per character. The June 11th, 2013 update removed this limit, allowing players to obtain the bonus award as often as the queen was killed, to encourage completion of the event. In February 2014, this was changed again to its current limit of once per day per account. It is speculated that the change was added purportedly in response to abuse of this mechanic.
- Although it is called the "Karka Queen," this karka is hermaphroditic like all other karka. The title "Karka Queen" is given to the eldest karka egg layer.
- ^ Karka Queen stealth nerf, reddit.com
- ^ Comment by Matthew Medina, Reddit.com