Legendary Stavemaster Adryn
Gaze into nightmare!
— Stavemaster Adryn
Stavemaster Adryn is a Mordrem Guard commander, one of three specially created to be Mordremoth's elite fighters. When he falls in battle, the jungle dragon simply creates a new version of him with the same look, same name, and same deadly abilities as the one he replaces.
Adryn leads an assault on Jaka Itzel in Verdant Brink in the storyline of Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns, but is defeated by the combined forces of the Itzel and the Pact Commander's party. He is later found in Dragon's Stand defending the heart of Mordremoth's domain from the Pact.
1 Only spawns during events.
- Act I
- Defeat and stop the Mordrem commander from shielding allies inside the coils (80)
- Defeat Mordremoth's Commander (80) [Group Event]
- Stavemaster Adryn approaches (80) [Group Event]
- Creates Portals
- Imprisons Foes
- Deals High AoE Damage
- Teleports periodically
- Mordremoth Shield Channel - If not interrupted, Adryn will grant Mordremoth Shield to Legendary Axemaster Hareth and Legendary Blademaster Diarmid until his defiance bar is broken.
- Protection of Thorns - During [Group Event] Defeat Mordremoth's Commander (80), if at least one ley energy collector is intact, then Adryn will be immune to damage and conditions.
- Creates portals that drag foes along its path
- Creates portals that sends out multiple projectiles, “bullet hell” style
- Roots enemies with small trap
- Stolen skills
- Several aspects of Adryn's design are reminiscent of the Seers, such as the two additional arms folded over the chest. A concept art piece for the boss by Carlyn Lim was titled "NIGHTMARE COURT COMMANDER - SEER", suggesting that the similarities are intentional and also implying the existence of a connection between the Mordrem Guard and the Nightmare Court that evidently didn't make it into the final cut of Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns.