Legendary Stavemaster Adryn
From Guild Wars 2 WikiJump to navigationJump to search
Gaze into nightmare!
— Stavemaster Adryn
Stavemaster Adryn is a Mordrem Guard commander, one of three specially created to be Mordremoth's elite fighters. When he falls in battle, the jungle dragon simply creates a new version of him with the same look, same name, and same deadly abilities as the one he replaces.
Adryn leads an assault on Jaka Itzel in Verdant Brink in the storyline of Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns, but is defeated by the combined forces of the Itzel and the Pact Commander's party. He is later found in Dragon's Stand defending the heart of Mordremoth's domain from the Pact.
- Dragon's Stand (During related events only)
Heart of Thorns story
- Act I
- Defeat and stop the Mordrem commander from shielding allies inside the coils (80)
- Defeat Mordremoth's Commander (80) [Group Event]
- Stavemaster Adryn approaches (80) [Group Event]
- Creates Portals
- Imprisons Foes
- Deals High AoE Damage
- Teleports periodically
- Roots enemies with small trap
- Creates portals that drag foes along its path
- Mordremoth Shield Channel - Disrupt Stavemaster Adryn to stop him from shielding his allies. (During related events only)
- Protection of Thorns - The ley line collectors are shielding Mordremoth's commander, preventing damage or conditions. (During related events only)
- Dimensional Blast ("Power to consume you") - Adryn launches a slowly expanding portal towards a target, periodically pulling and stunning all players caught in its path. Low but multi-hit damage. Susceptible to projectile destruction and reflect.
- Mordrem Prison - Adryn immobilizes his enemies in a Mordrem prison. No damage.
- Nightmare - Adryn creates portals on the ground shooting out multiple, swirling projectiles. Medium damage.
- Soul Rip ("Gaze into nightmare") - Adryn channels orbs into itself then slams its staff onto the ground, damaging and stunning all nearby players. Medium-high damage. Stun can be dodged.
- Teleport - Teleports to a targeted player at range. No damage.
- Stolen skills
- Several aspects of Adryn's design are reminiscent of the Seers, such as the two additional arms folded over the chest. A concept art piece for the boss by Carlyn Lim was titled "NIGHTMARE COURT COMMANDER - SEER", suggesting that the similarities are intentional and also implying the existence of a connection between the Mordrem Guard and the Nightmare Court that evidently didn't make it into the final cut of Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns.