Gravedigger Ukon is the gravedigger of the Ascalon Settlement. He spends his days sitting under the tree, but fears being caught by Marduke, presumably his supervisor. During the night, Ukon becomes tense and jumpy due to the appearance of ghosts. When Captain Greywind appears, he panics and runs to his house, where he stays for a while before returning to his tree. This cycles multiple times per night.
- During the day
- Oh, hey. Did Marduke send you? If he did, you tell him I'm working hard, okay? Don't go saying I'm sitting around or nothing.
But you are sitting around.
- Yeah, but he doesn't need to know that. Besides, I'm just taking a break. It's a hot one today. Makes for some mighty potent smells around here.
- Well, Marduke didn't send me.
- Can't fault you there.
Marduke didn't send me.
- Oh, good. You here for the sights, or do you like dead people? No, wait. That came out wrong. I mean, this tomb here's popular. It belonged to some important guy. Gives me the creeps though.
Who was that important guy?
- Ah, there lies Captain Greywind. He was big news back when we held on to Ascalon. I don't tell their stories. I don't want to be friends with the dead. I just put them in the hole.
- Something about the dead bothers you? (Same as "This must be a tough job for you if graves give you the creeps.")
- Thanks. I'll be going.
This must be a tough job for you if graves give you the creeps.
- It's that grave. Something spooky happens there. You can't see it now, because it ain't night. When it happens…oh, it makes me cold thinking about it.
- I see. Maybe I'll come back at night. Take care.
- Just passing through actually.
- I won't say a thing. Take care.
- During the night
- Ahh! You shouldn't sneak up on a man like that.
Why are you so jumpy?
- I'll level with you, but you can't think I'm crazy, okay? It's the ghosts. Folks who should be in the Mists, ain't. I'm telling you, its unnatural.
Have they harmed you?
- Not yet. But still, they're ghosts. It's just creepy, especially when they wander about at night without using their feet.
- They probably don't even see you. You should be fine.
- I think I'll be leaving now.
- I'll be going.