From Guild Wars 2 WikiJump to navigationJump to search
- Part of
- Seeking the Zalisco
Chief Dekkti during Seeking the Zalisco
Chief Dekkti is an asura that leads a krewe that primarily studies skritt, covering the area between the Mabon Market and Hanto Trading Post.
- Collect data cores from tracking devices for Apprentice Vee (12)
- Guard the mossheart carrying Widd's research (11)
- Protect the M.A.D. from skritt while Dekkti works (11)
- I was wary of starting a lab at a tengu outpost, but I must admit, they can supply some very unique research materials. Easy access to local test subject has also been beneficial.
- We're here to study the skritt. They're usually dumb, beastly little creatures. But in mass gatherings, they seem to exhibit intelligence far beyond that seen in most races. Other than asura, of course.
So, the skritt get smarter in groups.
- A single skritt is borderline functional, but the more you bring together, the more alacrity they exhibit. My theory is that annoying sounds they make are really superaural signals for communication.
So, why is here good for your tests?
- Well, there's a sizeable "community" of skritt nearby, so there are plenty of subjects. And the tengu manage to procure some rather rare materials for us to experiment with, so it's a worthwhile location.
The tengu don't mind?
- Well, they don't let us stay here for free. We may have promised them we'd try to set up an asura gate to help their efforts. But only if our skritt research goes well, you see?
- Why here, of all places? (same as "So, why is here good..." above)
- What are you hoping to learn.
- Wow. Good luck, I guess.
The skritt volunteer for this?
- Um, yes. Sure. Mostly. I mean, It's[sic] not like we kidnap them and bring them here. We're just working on some devices to...encourage them to arrive and participate. It's all part of our ongoing research.
- And this location is good for that? (same as "So, why is here good..." above)
- Yeah, that doesn't sound sketchy at all.
- I see.
You mean that chirpy buzzing sound?
- Yes, yes, that. I hypothesize that it allows them to send and receive information much faster than we can speak and hear, which gives them the illusion of greater intellect. If I can figure out how it works...
Then, what, you could chirp and buzz?
- No, that's be useless. But maybe we could learn how to disrupt them, or we could set our golems up to coordinate with each other better, or something. I'm sure I can find some way to profit from this.
- And the tengu don't mind helping you? (same as above)
- Yeah, good luck with that.
- And they just let you study them like that? (same as "The skritt volunteer..." above)
- That seems a little far-fetched. I'm out of here.
- That's...interesting. Good-bye.
- Why come here, though? (same as "So, why is here good..." above)
- The tengu don't mind? (same as above)
- Sounds like you're covered. Bye.
- And they just let you work here? (same as "The tengu don't mind?" above)
- Yes, yes. Very interesting. Good-bye.
- During the sylvari personal story Seeking the Zalisco, Chief Dekkti wears different clothing and has a slightly redder skin tone.