The False God's Lair
The False God's Lair
Collect proof of Gara's claims from the false god's cave.
- Meet Gara and your mentor north of Steelbrachen.
- Follow Shaman Gara to the false god's lair.
- Get through the gate.
- Defeat the false god's minions.
- Collect grawl remains to prove Gara's claims.
Click here to edit the reward data
- All professions
- One of the following: Commando's Hauberk, Outrider's Armor, Trooper's Armor
- One of the following: Commando's Jacket, Outrider's Vest, Trooper's Jerkin
- One of the following: Commando's Coat, Outrider's Coat, Trooper's Coat
Meet with grawl shaman and follow him to the cave. Gara will open the entrance and will join you while you are fighting Sons of Svanir and Icebrood creatures. Follow through the cave, while fighting the enemies and defeat Veteran Icebrood Mauler. Doing so will finish this mission.
- Icebrood Berserker
- Icebrood Elemental
- Icebrood Hunter
- Icebrood Seer
- Icebrood Wolf
- Veteran Icebrood Mauler
On the way to the offering cave:
- Gara: Follow me. I will take you to the offering cave.
- When a member of the Durmand Priory
- Magister Sieran: This is a blighted mess. You have the patience of the Tree, Scholar!
- Magister Sieran: Ice is nice, but I prefer warmer climates where things can grow.
- When a member of the Order of Whispers
- Lightbringer Tybalt Leftpaw: This is stupid! Why are we bothering? We should just blow it all up and be done with it!
- Lightbringer Tybalt Leftpaw: Whew, it's too cold out here. Gets in my joints, makes my hand hurt...heh, well, what's left of it.
- When a member of the Vigil
- Warmaster Forgal Kernsson: Why do we bother to try? The old ways are gone. Maybe the world's not worth saving anymore!
- Warmaster Forgal Kernsson: I've hunted this land up and down. Never seen any gods, though.
When approaching the Cave entrance:
- <Mentor>: The entrance is sealed tight. How do we get in?
- Gara: The god opens the gate when we stand on the sacred spot. It's over there, by those stones.
- Magister Sieran: Then someone stand on that spot. I can't wait to see what comes through the gate.
- Magister Sieran: So that's a Son of Svanir. Why are the dragon's minions all so ugly?
- Lightbringer Tybalt Leftpaw: Well then, get to standing, shaman! We'll wait here to see what comes out to greet us.
- Lightbringer Tybalt Leftpaw: Whew, that's one solid barrier. Remind me to build myself a battering-ram hand.
- Warmaster Forgal Kernsson: Then stand on it. We'll be ready for whatever comes through that gate.
- Warmaster Forgal Kernsson: Stay alert. We have no idea what the grawl are worshipping in that cave.
Talking to your Mentor:
- Magister Sieran: I know Gara's dead serious, and Gixx always yells at me when I say this, but: hooray for a new cavern to explore! I love spelunking!
- Nice enthusiasm, but let's tone down the volume, okay?
- Lightbringer Tybalt Leftpaw: I must have heard High Legion soldiers tell a thousand jokes with grawl as the punchline...which, come to think of it, is something else I have in common with Gara and his people.
- This is no joke, Tybalt. And neither are you. Let's move.
- Warmaster Forgal Kernsson: I've seen grawl worship some damned silly things in my time...rocks, waterfalls, big trees that were struck by lightning...but they don't deserved to be victimized. Or eaten.
I agree... although that sounds like the set up for a punchine.
- What? Don't be stupid. I don't go in for you youngsters' moder humor. I say what I mean and I mean what I say, and what I said isn't funny.. It's true.
- Actually, it's both. And I'm glad to hear it. Let's keep moving.
- Glad to hear you're finally coming around.
Talking to Gara:
- Gara: This is the false god's lair. When I came here before, I was blinded by faith. Now I see it for what it is: a killing ground.
- Don't worry. We'll get proof, and then you can open your peoples' eyes.
During the fight around and in the cave:
- Magister Sieran: This is like that human tomb I broke into. One wrong step, and boom! Spiders everywhere.
- Magister Sieran: Look it's taking on the appearance of the dragon. Astonishing.
- Lightbringer Tybalt Leftpaw: Those aren't gods, they're Sons of Svanir, Acolytes of the ice dragon. Take 'em down!
- Lightbringer Tybalt Leftpaw: Spiders? Great. Now I'll be imagining phantom legs crawling on me for the next week.
- Lightbringer Tybalt Leftpaw: Watch it. That thing was a norn once, and now it's full of the dragon's power.
- Warmaster Forgal Kernsson: That's no god, that's just a norn who chose to bow to Jormag. Look at hi now. Pathetic!
- Warmaster Forgal Kernsson: Spiders, eh? Don't worry. I've stomped on bigger bugs than these.
- Warmaster Forgal Kernsson: No norn should endure such corruption. Kill that thing!
Cinematic after claiming the proof:
- <Character name>: Take a look at this, Gara. Do your gods take people to paradise and leave their bones behind?
- Gara: No. This should prove that the false god is eating the offerings we send.
- Gara: But the false god will keep coming. If we don't give it the offerings, it'll come to us for its food. And it won't come alone.
- Magister Sieran: That's no problem: we're coming with you. It's time for your false god to pay for all those free meals.
- Lightbringer Tybalt Leftpaw: Trust us. We'll see this through with you. With field agents like us on your side, that false god as eaten his last free meal.
- Warmaster Forgal Kernsson: That's not a problem. We'll come with you. No false gods or Sons of Svanir will ever bother your people again.
After the cinematic:
- Magister Sieran: I look at these creatures, and I think of my home in the Grove. What would I be willing to do if something threatened it?
- Lightbringer Tybalt Leftpaw: Look at 'em, sticking by each other no matter what. I wish...I mean, my old warband...ah, never mind.
- Warmaster Forgal Kernsson: Those creatures are certainly stubborn. Dedicated, I mean. I may not like 'em, but I can admire that.
Talking to your Mentor after the cinematic:
- Magister Sieran: I wish we'd found the false god, but kicking around icebrood Sons of Svanir is fun, too. At least we're not leaving empty-handed. These bones should convince Gara's tribe, right?
- Let's hope so.
- Lightbringer Tybalt Leftpaw: So, icebrood Sons of Svanir, but no false god. At least these chewed-up bones of some paradise seekers should change a few minds.
- Agreed. Let's head back to Ulukk's Hunger.
- Warmaster Forgal Kernsson: Sons of Svanir... I should have known. They actually want to become the Ice Dragon's minions, so of course we'd find them here. Come on, let's get these remain back to the village and end this farce.
- I'm ready.