Thrown Off Guard
Thrown Off Guard
- 1325 AE
- Personal story
- Order Neophyte
- Trader's Forum
Lead the Ministry Guard on a false trail.
- Meet Tybalt in Lion's Arch.
- Escort a disguised Tybalt to the ship.
- Take Tybalt to Captain Connery.
Click here to edit the reward data
- All professions
Tybalt will be under the effect of Demmi Illusion which transforms him into a false Demmi Beetlestone, although he unconvincingly retains his sniper rifle. On the way to the docks, you will encounter many members of the Ministry Guard. Some are hostile, but others simply ignore you. When you reach the ship, Tybalt gets on and sails off to Stormbluff Isle, and the mission ends.
For a quick route with only one group to fight, follow the path on the screenshot. Be careful how you move though, because some of the parts of the route go on the very border of the instance, so don't go too far so you don't get kicked out.
As of the June 23, 2015 update, the mission starts on the northern edge of the Grand Piazza rather than near the sewer entrance with slightly altered borders, making it easier to do the above 'quick route', while also avoiding what originally was the first group of Ministry Guards.
- Lightbringer Tybalt Leftpaw: Time to head out, is it? Time for me to get pretty.
- Lightbringer Tybalt Leftpaw: Let's see if Lady Wi's magic is as good as she says.
Cinematic with Tybalt:
- Lightbringer Tybalt Leftpaw: Burn me, I'm a human girl! Whoa, I've got two hands and some lovely...apples.
- <Character name>: Keep your mind on the job, Tybalt. Go roam the city, and we'll see if the ministry guards take the bait.
- Lightbringer Tybalt Leftpaw: Mm. Bait, right. The order booked passage in Demmi's name on a ship called the "Harpy's Smile." We'll head there and see what happens.
- <Character name>: Are you okay? Ministry Guards aren't like those drunken pirates. If they can't capture Demmi, they'll kill her to stop her from talking. And that means...
- Lightbringer Tybalt Leftpaw: They'll kill me. Yeah, I know. But I didn't join the Order of Whispers to sit behind a desk. I joined it to fight dragons.
- Lightbringer Tybalt Leftpaw: If we're going to do that, we'll need Kryta—and Queen Jennah. Heh. Isn't that funny? Me, a charr, risking my life for the security of the human throne.
- <Character name>: The world's a funny place, Lightbringer. As long as we keep laughing, I guess we're not dead.
- Lightbringer Tybalt Leftpaw: The order gave me a mission, and I'm not turning back now. I can do this. Trust me!
After the cinematic:
- Lightbringer Tybalt Leftpaw: Oh, wow. How do humans walk without tails?
- Lightbringer Tybalt Leftpaw: Right. Right. (cough) Here goes. (cough) Nothing to worry about! Not weird at all! Look at me, I'm Demmi Beetlestone!
Talking to the transformed Tybalt:
- Lightbringer Tybalt Leftpaw: If we ever do this again, <Character name>, you're the one getting transformed!
- You look great, Tybalt. Just hang in there.
Encountering Ministry Guard on the way to the docks:
- Lightbringer Tybalt Leftpaw: So far, so good.
- Ministry Guard: There she is! That's Lady Beetlestone! Get her, now!
- Lightbringer Tybalt Leftpaw: Head through the Agora. We've got a ways to go yet.
- Ministry Guard: There's Demmi Beetlestone! Get the traitor!
- Lightbringer Tybalt Leftpaw: Act casual. Probably gonna get jumped, but still, casual.
- Ministry Guard: You betrayed your father, and you betrayed Kryta. No mercy!
- Lightbringer Tybalt Leftpaw: We're making good time. Head through the Western Ward.
- Ministry Guard: The trap didn't work. Get her! If she won't surrender, silence her permanently!
- Lightbringer Tybalt Leftpaw: Long narrow path between rocks, huh? That's not dangerous or anything.
- Ministry Guard: Well, look what we have here. Daddy's little traitor, that is. Get her!
- Lightbringer Tybalt Leftpaw: The docks should be close now.
- Ministry Guard: Give up, Lady Beetlestone. Your father's invested a great deal of money in your return.
- Ministry Guard: She's headed for the docks! Stop her before she escapes.
- Lightbringer Tybalt Leftpaw: Keep going! Be on the lookout for a Captain Conerry.
- Lightbringer Tybalt Leftpaw: There's Captain Conerry! Looks like we're in the clear!
Cinematic upon arrival at the Harpy's Smile:
- Captain Conerry: Well, hello there, lovely. Are you here to board my barge? Heh. Heh.
- Lightbringer Tybalt Leftpaw: Oh, brother. I fought off Ministry Guards for this?
- Captain Conerry: Come aboard, miss. Right this way. It's a pleasure to have such a pretty young thing gracing the Harpy's Smile.
- Lightbringer Tybalt Leftpaw: Tee-hee-hee. What a bold sailor you are. I'm all a-swoon! You really should be shot for making a girl blush so badly. I mean it, buddy. Shot!
- Lightbringer Tybalt Leftpaw: Uh, well, toodle-doo, everyone. I'll meet you at Stormbluff Isle...if I don't die of embarrassment first.
- <Character name>: Don't worry, buddy, you did great. We're almost in the clear.
If you talk to Tybalt:
- Lightbringer Tybalt Leftpaw: Well, that's the dangerous part. Except now, I'm a woman alone at sea with a bunch of sailors. Hang on, I'm having second thoughts...
If anyone gets too lecherous, just give them a hard smack in the jaw.
- Right. Uhm, how hard do you think I could smack these guys before they keelhaul me?
- Just stay calm, Tybalt, and sneak off the ship as soon as you can.
Remember, Demmi is a noble of Kryta. Reputation will protect you.
- Right. I'll play up the noble angle and remind them who my daddy is. Heh.
- You'll be free before you know it, buddy. See you soon.
Just flirt with all of them. They'll be too busy fighting over you to try anything.
- That kind of chaos is tempting! I'll give it a shot.
- That's the spirit! Enjoy yourself. I'll see you soon.
- Just stay safe, Tybalt. I'll see you soon.
If you talk to Captain Conerry:
- Captain Conerry: Never fear, friend <Character Name>! I'll get your lovely lady to safety, mark my words. I'll never let her leave my sight!
- Better give her at least a little space. Thanks.
- Like all other Personal Story instances taking place in Lion's Arch, this story step utilizes the original 1325 AE appearance, not the modern look. There is also a sepia tone added with post-processing.