Warmaster Forgal Kernsson
You may win the battle, dragon, but you will never defeat our spirit!
— Forgal Kernsson
Forgal Kernsson is a warmaster of the Vigil. He is the mentor for characters who choose to join the Vigil as part of their personal story, and accompanies them throughout a large portion of their story.
Forgal is a stern old norn who, unlike some of his kin, embraces the military discipline of his order. He joined the Vigil after losing his wife and children to Icebrood. His father was the last shaman of the Dolyak Spirit. Although at first dismissing the player character's status as a hero of their people and demanding their actions to speak for them instead of rumors, as the player proves their worth and moves up in the ranks of the Vigil, Forgal comes to respect his subordinate and eventual partner as the finest warmaster he has ever met.
|During The Battle of Claw Island, Forgal sacrifices himself to hold off the Risen long enough to allow the player and Trahearne to evacuate the wounded to Lion's Arch.|
- Chapter 4: Order Neophyte
- Chapter 5: Helping Hands
- Salvation Through Heresy
- The False God's Lair
- Attempted Deicide
- Champion's Sacrifice
- Chosen of the Sun
- Convincing the Faithful
- Unholy Grounds
- Untamed Wilds
- Pets and Walls Make Stronger Kraals
- The Lost Chieftain's Return
- Bad Ice
- Enraged and Unashamed
- The Hatchery
- Thieving from Thieves
- Set To Blow
- Chapter 6: The Battle for Claw Island
- Act 3
- The Departing (as a memory)
- What do you need?
- Hello, there.
- Do you have something to report?
- He wears Tier 3 Norn cultural armor chest and leggings, the rest of his armor is heavy Vigil's Honor armor.
- Although he wields twin axes in the "Welcome to the Vigil" Cinematic, in battle he wields a sword and war horn.
- His father Kern was the last Dolyak Spirit Shaman.
- Forgal is voiced by Paul Eiding, who also voiced Jalis Ironhammer in the original Guild Wars.
- The Warmaster's Family Heirloom is an heirloom of his family - he no longer has children to pass it on to.