Salvation Through Heresy
Salvation Through Heresy
Protect Gara while he makes his case.
- Meet Gara.
- Help Gara prepare to deliver his appeal.
- Defend Gara.
Click here to edit the reward data
- All professions
- One of the following: Commando's Hauberk, Outrider's Armor, Trooper's Armor
- One of the following: Commando's Jacket, Outrider's Vest, Trooper's Jerkin
- One of the following: Commando's Coat, Outrider's Coat, Trooper's Coat
Go to Raven's Wing Shrine and enter the instance. After a short cut-scene, and a shorter speech, a few Grawl Berserkers will attempt to harm Gara. On their failure, the speech will continue until a second group of Grawl Trappers attack. On their defeat, you will face two Icebrood Elementals and a Grawl Shaman. Defeating the Shaman will cause the Veteran Corrupted Shaman to spawn.
After defeating all enemies, and watching another cut scene the mission will end.
Upon entry to the instance:
- (If you chose the Durmand Priory)
- Magister Sieran: This is a blighted mess. You have the patience of the Tree, Scholar!
- (If you chose the Order of Whispers)
- Lightbringer Tybalt Leftpaw: This is stupid! Why are we bothering? We should just blow it all up and be done with it!
- (If you chose the Vigil)
- Warmaster Forgal Kernsson: Why do we bother to try? The old ways are gone. Maybe the world's not worth saving anymore!
Talking to your mentor:
- Magister Sieran: This is great: we're going to see how a grawl society functions first-hand. Open your eyes and ears wide and remember every detail: Gixx will definitely want to add this to the archives.
- Will do.
- Lightbringer Tybalt Leftpaw: I keep imagining bigger and bigger throngs of grawl, and I have to say: this is going to be tricky. If I had two hands, I'd be wringing them.
- Don't worry. With our help, Gara can do this.
- Warmaster Forgal Kernsson: Stay alert, Crusader. We got a large number of grawl gathered here, agitated, disagreeable, and spoiling for a fight. It's a riot waiting to happen.
- We'll keep things from getting out of hand.
Meeting with Gara (cinematic):
- Magister Sieran: I've never seen a grawl rally before. This is certainly interesting! Ready to begin, Gara?
- Lightbringer Tybalt Leftpaw: Seems like a sizeable crowd is gathering. Ready to open their eyes?
- Warmaster Forgal Kernsson: Time's wasting, Gara. Are you ready to address the gathering crowd?
- Gara: Yes, but the shamans will not like what I have to say. When I attack the god as a false one, they will try to kill me.
- Magister Sieran: Just get up there and tell them what you saw, what you know. We'll make sure you get to finish.
- Lightbringer Tybalt Leftpaw: Leave that to us. You do the talking, we'll handle any hecklers that turn violent.
- Warmaster Forgal Kernsson: Not if we can help it. Give your speech, shaman. We'll make sure the crowd behaves.
Speaking with Gara before he addresses the grawl gathering:
- Gara: I'm glad you're here. I don't know how the people will react to my
- Let them try. We're here to protect you.
When Gara talks:
- Magister Sieran: Look at all those grawl. This should be interesting.
- Lightbringer Tybalt Leftpaw: Look at all those grawl. One way or the other, this will be interesting.
- Warmaster Forgal Kernsson: Looks like Gara's drawing a crowd. We'll have our work cut out for us.
- Gara: Listen to me! I have seen the ice god, and I tell you it is false!
- Grawl Berserker: Liar! The other shamans warned us about you, Gara. You weren't fit for paradise!
- Gara: No, the god tried to kill me. And failed! It is no god, it's just another beast!
- Grawl Berserker: Lies! They're all lies!
- Gara: Wait! Listen to me. You have to listen!
- Gara: You all saw me enter the cave. I was the offering, yet here I stand.
- Gara: How can I still be alive if the god is truly a god?
- Grawl Trapper: It's a trick! That isn't Shaman Gara. He's a fake!
- Gara: Look at me. You all know I am Shaman Gara. And I'm telling you the truth!
- Gara: The false god only wants us for food! Soon it will come to eat us all!
- Grawl Trapper: No! Don't listen to him! He is unworthy!
- Gara: Don't be fooled. The ice god is false!
- Gara: Can't you see? A false god is unworthy of our devotion.
- Gara: We need a new god, a true god that will not fail us!
- Grawl Shaman: What god do you offer, then?
- Grawl Shaman: Right! If we turn our backs on the ice god, what will protect us and make us strong?
- Gara: Well...these strangers protected me. They are strong. Better them than an ice monster.
- Grawl Shaman: Enough blasphemy. I will show you all the power of the ice god!
- Grawl Shaman: The ice god has given me great power! By my hand, I unleash its fury!
- Grawl Shaman: My god...will destroy you.
After the Grawl Shaman and the Ice elemental are defeated:
- Grawl Berserker: These strangers defeated the shaman's monster. And it held the power of the ice god.
- Grawl Shaman: I saw. They are stronger. But Gara just proved that being strong doesn't make you a god.
- Grawl Shaman: We should stand by Gara and these strangers. We should fight the false god when it comes for us.
- Grawl Shaman: And then we must find a true god to guide and protect us.
After the Grawl Shamans leave (cinematic):
- Magister Sieran: That was a very good speech! Now all we have to do is deal with the Sons of Svanir and their hungry dragon minions.
- Lightbringer Tybalt Leftpaw: I'm no good at speeches, but I'd say that was an effective one. Now we just have to deal the Sons of Svanir and their hungry dragon minions.
- Warmaster Forgal Kernsson: Looks like you made your point, Gara. Now all we have to do is deal with the Sons of Svanir and their dragon minions.
- Gara: It won't be easy. Most of our best warriors are already gone, given as offerings to the false god.
- Gara: I don't know if you are gods, or beasts, or something else, but you are strong enough to fight the ice monster. Will you?
- <Player name>: Of course. That's why we're here. When the dragon minions come for you and the rest of your tribe, we'll be waiting.
- Gara: Thank you. I will prepare my people for the coming battle. Better to die fighhting than to walk into a monster's jaws and call ourselves dinner.
Mentor comments after the cinematic:
- Magister Sieran: I look at these creatures, and I think of my home in the Grove. What would I be willing to do if something threatened it?
- Lightbringer Tybalt Leftpaw: Look at 'em, sticking by each other no matter what. I wish...I mean, my old warband...ah, never mind.
- Warmaster Forgal Kernsson: Those creatures are certainly stubborn. Dedicated, I mean. I may not like 'em, but I can admire that.
Speaking with your mentor:
- Magister Sieran: We're so lucky! Not many people get to witness a grawl debate. I think Gara changed a few minds. Looks like another win for the Priory!
- True, but we still have a battle with the icebrood coming.
- Lightbringer Tybalt Leftpaw: So that's how grawl shamans debate, eh? Reminds me of some of the "discussions" I saw back in the Black Citadel. Still, Gara made a compelling case, and his tribe seems to have come around.
- Good, but they'll still have to be ready for the incoming icebrood assault.
- Warmaster Forgal Kernsson: That's about how I expected a grawl speech to end: in fire and blood. But I think Gara made his point. The tribe seems ready to fight the dragon minion instead of worshipping it.
- Now to keep them alive when the icebrood come for them.
Speaking with Gara:
- Gara: Thank you. if you meant what you said about seeing this through, meet me back at Ulukk's Hunger. The false god's minions will come soon. We need to prepare to defend the village.
- We'll see you there.