Thieving from Thieves
Thieving from Thieves
- 1325 AE
- Personal story
- Helping Hands
- High Timber Claim
Steal gunpowder from the centaur camp.
- Meet Btorr at the centaur camp.
- Create diversions by detonating some of the powder.
- Escape the centaur camp.
Click here to edit the reward data
- All professions
- One of the following: Commando's Hauberk, Outrider's Armor, Trooper's Armor
- One of the following: Commando's Jacket, Outrider's Vest, Trooper's Jerkin
- One of the following: Commando's Coat, Outrider's Coat, Trooper's Coat
Enter the instance and make your way to the centaur camp by either avoiding or killing the patrol.
In the camp, interact with the three bombs to create diversions, drawing a group of centaurs to each bomb. Once all three bombs have been used and the last group of centaurs has been killed, make your way out of the camp through new groups of centaurs.
Though not stated, it appears that you must kill all of the centaurs in the camp to continue the story, otherwise the last objective - "Escape the centaur camp" will not appear.
Upon entry to instance:
- Magister Sieran: Uhm...I'm not sure I trust the skritt with gunpowder any more than I do the centaurs...
- Lightbringer Tybalt Leftpaw: Wow. The Centaurs stole all this from the Seraphs?
- Warmaster Forgal Kernsson: Hmph. Thievery. I should have expected as much.
Upon arriving at the camp (cinematic):
- Btorr: Good! Order friend arrives. Here is plan. Centaurs get their boom powder from Krytan caravans, steal from Seraph.
- Btorr: We steal from them. Yes? Skritt will burrow to powder, steal, escape back into the tunnels. Very dangerous.
- Btorr: You distract guards. Blow up three boom-powder stores we picked. Big noise, guards will come to see. Meanwhile, we steal other boom powder.
- <Player character>: You skritt are smarter than I thought. We'll give you the cover you need. Good luck.
- Magister Sieran: That destroyer queen will be a pile of lumpy rocks when we are done with her. This sounds fun! Lets go!
- Lightbringer Tybalt Leftpaw: Explosions, huh? Trust me, it's all fun and games until you lose a... Well, just be careful out there.
- Warmaster Forgal Kernsson: Once we have that bomb, we turn that destroyer queen into a pile of rubble. Sound tactics. Come, Crusader. Let's make some noise.
After the arrival cinematic:
- Magister Sieran: This is a blighted mess. You have the patience of the Tree, Scholar!
- Lightbringer Tybalt Leftpaw: This is stupid! Why are we bothering? We should just blow it all up and be done with it!
- Warmaster Forgal Kernsson: Why do we bother to try? The old ways are gone. Maybe the world's not worth saving anymore!
Talking to your mentor:
- Magister Sieran: This mission is like a carnival menagerie: skritt, destroyers, centaurs... And if I had to pick one to have all that bomb powder, it'd absolutely be the skritt.
- How dangerous are the centaurs?
- Especially if we want them as our allies.
- Lightbringer Tybalt Leftpaw: I like this plan, except for the part about giving skritt massive amounts of explosive. Trust me: you don't want twitchy, nervous types to be your bomb-makers.
What can you tell me about centaurs?
- They're warlike, territorial, and they hate humans for stealing their land. I have a lot of relatives who can relate, of course, but the fact is that they're very, very dangerous.
- Got it. Thanks.
- We don't have much choice. Let's go.
- Warmaster Forgal Kernsson: I haven't had many run-ins with centaurs, but I'm told their fierce, territorial, and bigoted. Sounds like a lot of Hoelbrak's neighbors, actually.
How dangerous are the centaurs?
- Very. They survive by raiding their neighbors and are utterly without mercy. They've been warring with humans lately, but anyone who enters their territory is taking a huge risk.
- Thanks for the info.
- Sons of Svanir. Just treat the centaurs like you treat the
After the cinematic for blowing up the first objective:
- Btorr: Should buy our tunnelers some time. Yes.
After the cinematic for blowing up the second objective:
- Btorr: Back up—this'll wake them!
After the cinematic for blowing up the last objective:
- Btorr: It's lit! Ready to fight?
After escaping the camp (cinematic):
- <Player character>: Well done, Btorr! Looks like we got enough gunpowder to turn that queen into pebbles and dust.
- Btorr: Yes! Yes, good. Ftokchak will be back at the village now, with any scouts he could save from the tunnels.
- <Player character>: We'll meet you back at the village—and finish this for good.
Speaking with your mentor:
- Magister Sieran: I hope the other team rescued plenty of skritt. I want to see what happens when you combine a destroyer queen, a skritt scratch, and a massive amount of explosives.
- Let's go find out. I just hope it destroys destroyers.
- Lightbringer Tybalt Leftpaw: I hope the other team recovered enough skritt to figure out bomb-building. Personally, I'm going to stay clear of that powder until we have the destroyer queen in our sights.
- Better safe than exploded, eh? Let's get moving.
- Warmaster Forgal Kernsson: All right, we've got our explosives. Now let's hope the other skritt party scrounged up the brain power to make it work. That destroyer queen has to be dealt with.
- And we're doing the dealing. Let's go.