Defend the grawl from the false god's wrath.
- Meet Gara in the grawl village.
- Defeat the marauding icebrood.
- Speak with Gara.
Click here to edit the reward data
- All professions
- Boots of Barca and one of the following: Ravaging Torch, Rejuvenating Focus
- Boots of Barca and one of the following: Hearty Steel Sword, Hunter's Steel Axe
- Boots of Barca and one of the following: Rejuvenating Warhorn, Hearty Steel Shield
- Ostholz's Kickers and one of the following: Ravaging Steel Pistol, Hearty Steel Shield
- Ostholz's Kickers and one of the following: Ravaging Torch, Hunter's Steel Dagger
- Ostholz's Kickers and one of the following: Ravaging Steel Pistol, Hunter's Steel Dagger
- Cloven Hooves and one of the following: Rejuvenating Focus, Hunter's Steel Dagger
- Cloven Hooves and one of the following: Ravaging Steel Pistol, Ravaging Torch
- Cloven Hooves and one of the following: Rejuvenating Focus, Hunter's Steel Dagger
Head through the cave and meet Gara as he delivers a speech. The icebrood will attack from the entrance and the grawl will head to intercept them. Take them out then head back to the camp. The champion Icebrood Norn beast, the false god, will attack. The Icebrood Norn will become invulnerable for a short time at 100%, 75% and 50% health, knocking back anyone nearby and causing AoEs of falling debris that knock down. He only uses melee attacks and a skill that smashes the icy ground within a wide area. Once the beast reaches 50% health, it will move to the lower cavern. This will release some Rabbits that are likely to die unfortunately. Once you defeat the beast, talk to Gara to finish the mission.
Upon entering the grawl cave:
- When a member of the Durmand Priory:
- Magister Sieran: Hi there. We'd better hurry, Gara is waiting for us in the village.
- Magister Sieran: If this works, we might be the founders of a whole new grawl way of thinking.
- When a member of the Order of Whispers:
- Lightbringer Tybalt Leftpaw: I hope this works. They may be weird monkey guys, but they deserve a chance.
- Lightbringer Tybalt Leftpaw: Hang tough. We're all that stands between Gara's tribe and certain death.
- When a member of the Vigil:
- Warmaster Forgal Kernsson: Gara's waiting inside the village. Let's get this operation started.
- Warmaster Forgal Kernsson: Gara's pretty remarkable—for a grawl. I hope this works.
Speaking with your mentor:
- Magister Sieran: We've learned a lot about the grawl, but now we need to keep them alive so we can learn more. Oh, and recruit them to fight the dragons. If I forget that, Gixx will blister my eardrums.
- Don't worry, partner. I'll remind you.
- Lightbringer Tybalt Leftpaw: If my old warband could see me now—allied with grawl, squaring off against Jormag's icebrood. Most would point and laugh, but I like to think a few might actually salute me.
- Khan-Ur. More than a few. When this is all over, I'm nominating you for
- Warmaster Forgal Kernsson: They finally listened to the smartest member of their tribe. Now, they're poised to help us kill a bunch of Jormag's icebrood. I think I'm starting to warm up to these grawl.
- Glad to hear it. We should be on good terms with all our potential allies.
Gara convincing his people (if completed The False God's Lair):
- Gara: You have seen the bones of our offerings. They were not taken to paradise, they were eaten!
- Gara: If we make no offering, the false god will come here to eat us all!
- Gara: We will not worship an unworthy, unclean thing. We will destroy it!
Gara convincing his people (if completed Salvation Through Heresy):
- Gara: You've seen the false god's minions fall. They'll come for us now, but they are weak!
- Gara: And we are strong. We are united! We shall never be food for false, weak things!
- Gara: And we will never again worship an unworthy beast! Stand with me, and we shall kill it!
Grawl Villagers all shouting:
- Grawl Villager: Death to the false god!
Before the fight:
- Magister Sieran: I was hoping to fall in love at least once before I died...but I guess I'm ready. If you are.
- Lightbringer Tybalt Leftpaw: Marauding? Marauder? I don't know the right word, but I'm ready to maraud! Let's go!
- Warmaster Forgal Kernsson: Change doesn't come easy to an old soldier. You didn't give up on me...and I won't give up on you. We do this together.
While battling the Sons of Svanir and the icebrood:
- Gara: Watch out for the false god's minions!
- Gara: More of them! We must protect the village!
- Gara: Hold fast, my people! This is where we stand and fight!
While battling the icebrood champion:
- Magister Sieran: This thing is tougher than it looks...and it looked tough to begin with!
- Magister Sieran: We're making progress. Keep at it!
- Magister Sieran: That thing is a god? Ha! Don't make me laugh. Come on, let's teach that big ugly a lesson.
- Magister Sieran: We've got it on the run. It can't take much more!
- Lightbringer Tybalt Leftpaw: This thing is serious. Keep hammering away at it!
- Lightbringer Tybalt Leftpaw: It's getting weaker. Don't let up!
- Lightbringer Tybalt Leftpaw: I think we found our fake god. Let's take that thing down!
- Lightbringer Tybalt Leftpaw: It's reeling! Finish it off!
- Warmaster Forgal Kernsson: Ha! Not bad for a beast. But we're better!
- Warmaster Forgal Kernsson: It's losing ground! Keep up the pressure!
- Warmaster Forgal Kernsson: By the Bear! That must be the false god. Let's take it down!
- Warmaster Forgal Kernsson: It's on its last legs! Take it off at the knees!
After defeating the icebrood champion:
- Gara: The false god is dead. We are finally free.
- Magister Sieran: I'm sorry, Gara. The false god, the Sons of Svanir... they were stronger than we thought.
- Warmaster Forgal Kernsson: I'm sorry, Gara. The false god, the Sons of Svanir...we didn't have time to prepare. You fought bravely, but in war, sometimes that just isn't enough.
- Gara: So many of my people gone, our homes destroyed. That was no god, but its fury was just as bad. What did you call it? Dragon minion?
- Mentor: Yes. The Elder Dragons send them out to claim as much of Tyria as they can.
- <Character name>: We have to stop them wherever we find them. That's why the <Order> sent us here. If we don't stand together, the entire world could end up like this.
- Gara: I understand. We owe you a great debt. When you're ready to fight these dragons, send for me. I will stand with you.
- Gara: Until then, we must find a new home. Maybe even a new god. But if we cannot find a worthy god, we will worship no god at all.
- Magister Sieran: You're definitely learning. And when the time comes, we'll be glad to have you. Until then, farewell, Shaman.
- Lightbringer Tybalt Leftpaw: I'd call that progress. And when the time comes, we'll welcome your help. Everyone must either fight the dragons or die. Until then, farewell, Shaman.
- Warmaster Forgal Kernsson: Good. We're going to need all the fighters we can get. Until then, farewell, shaman.
Talking to allies:
- Lightbringer Tybalt Leftpaw: Well, you and I didn't need more proof that the dragons are a catastrophic threat, but I'm glad we saved as many grawl as we did. And that we've got Gara on our side.
- He keeps surprising us. Maybe he can surprise the dragons as well.
- Magister Sieran: This is terrible. I'm glad Gara agreed to fight with us, but it's clear everyone needs to join in against the dragons. Otherwise, all of Tyria could wind up like this.
- I just hope we don't have to lose more villages to prove that.
- Warmaster Forgal Kernsson: I wish this felt more like a victory. I'm glad to have Gara on our side. But I worry about the tribe's future if he's not leading them.
- He knows joining us is the surest way to protect them—and the rest of Tyria.
- Gara: I helped build this village. I became a shaman to keep my people strong. Look at us now.
It could have been worse. At least most of your people survived.
- I know. And once I find a place for our new village, I will join your order's fight against the dragons. Otherwise, their minions will only come for us again.
Not just your village—all of Tyria.
- Yes. I hate to leave my tribe behind, but at least I know they've seen the truth. Nature is all powerful, but not all powerful things are natural—or worthy of worship.
- Well said, shaman. And welcome to the fight.
- We're glad to have you with us, Gara.
- At the end of this story segment, Gara's Feather is placed in the characters personal story tab of the Hero panel.
- Deicide is the act of killing a god.