I never thought, until I met Jory and you, that I'd be the kind of person who'd overcome evil.
— Kasmeer Meade
Kasmeer Meade is a former noble. Kasmeer's mother died when she was young, and her family fell on hard times when her father was murdered in debtor's prison after spending everything to pay off the debts of her brother, Kyle, in early 1326 AE. When the creditors took all of the Meade family's possessions, they allowed Kasmeer to take a single item from the house: she took a stuffed bear she had since she was young that was a gift from her father, and she had her mother's staff with her already. In the face of an unsympathetic nobility in Divinity's Reach, Kasmeer partnered up with Marjory Delaqua as a private investigator in order to make ends meet. Their professional partnership eventually blossomed into a romantic partnership.
Kasmeer has a nervous tic in the form of uncontrollable hiccups whenever she is afraid.
When an invisible wall was discovered in the middle of Viathan Lake, Kasmeer joined Marjory in investigating the situation. She was able to shatter the powerful illusion causing the veil, revealing the concealed Tower of Nightmares. The pair, along with the Durmand Priory, entered the tower and managed to put an end to Scarlet's machinations within. The pair were called to action once again when Scarlet Briar attacked Lornar's Pass with a massive Twisted Marionette controlled from above by her airship, the Breachmaker, in an attempt to perfect a new weapon. The two joined forces with Rox, Braham, Taimi and the player character to defeat the construct and thwart Scarlet's plan.
Following Scarlet's attack on Lion's Arch, Kasmeer travelled to the beleaguered city to help with relief efforts. Once the deadly miasma had cleared, she joined the fight against Scarlet's forces, and eventually found herself aboard the Breachmaker itself, cornering an injured Scarlet. Scarlet, broken but not beaten, severely injured Marjory, and the enraged Kasmeer, believing her beloved to be dead, engaged Scarlet in fierce combat, distracting her with illusions and cruel taunts while the player character got close enough to finish the wayward sylvari off.
Living World involvement
- Season 1
- Ep.7: Hard Boiled
- Ep.13: The Nightmare Unveiled
- Ep.14: Nightmare Chamber, The Nightmare Incarnate
- Special Event: The Nightmare Ends
- Ep.16: The Origins of Madness: A Moment's Peace
- Ep.17: The Dead End: Advanced Warning, The Dead End: A Study in Scarlet
- Ep.18: Lion's Arch (Under Attack!)
- Ep.19: Lion's Arch (Enemy Controlled), Scarlet's End
- Ep.20: The Dead End (Aftermath)
- Season 2
- Ep.1: Gates of Maguuma
- Ep.2: Entanglement
- Ep.3: The Dragon's Reach: Part 1
- Ep.4: The Dragon's Reach: Part 2
- Ep.5: Echoes of the Past
- Unshakable - Gains defiance when targeted by crowd-control skills. Blind is 10% as effective. Weakness and vulnerability last 50% less time.
- Winds of Chaos - Bounce an orb of energy between foes and allies that applies random boons to allies and random conditions to foes.
- Phase Retreat - Teleport away from your target, summoning a clone that casts Winds of Chaos.
- Phantasmal Warlock - Summon an illusion that deals extra damage for each unique condition on the target foe.
- Chaos Armor - Give yourself chaos armor, which gives yourself random boons and your foe random conditions whenever you are struck.
- Chaos Storm - Create a magical storm at the target location that applies random conditions to foes and boons to allies.
- Illusion of Defense - Half of incoming damage is transferred to the Illusionary Defender.
- Time Warp - Create an area that warps time, granting you and your allies quickness.
- Feedback - Create a dome around your foes that reflects projectiles.
- Portal Entre - Create an entry portal at your location that teleports allies to your exit portal.
- Portal Exeunt - Create an exit portal.
- Blink - Teleport to a target location.
For previous dialogue, see here.
- "This whole dragon thing has me a little sick to my stomach. Why can't they just go back to sleep?"
It's complicated. Say, are those your roses?
- "Yes. Isn't Jory sweet? She got them for me. Because she's proud of how I stood up to Scarlet."
As she should be. How are you after all that?
- "Marvelous! I still can't believe it was me. And you, you were amazing. We fielded everything she threw at us. It was like we were one of mind."
I couldn't have done it without you.
- "Of sure you could have. All I did was distract her a bit. You're the one she was really afraid of."
Feels good to overcome evil.
- "I never thought, until I met Jory and you, that I'd be the kind of person who'd overcome evil. I've noticed something though. My hiccups are gone."
- You're braver than you think.
- Now, we just have to deal with her mess.
- I feel the same.
- I'm proud of you too.
- We'll have to sing to them the proper lullaby.
For previous quotes, see here.
- How pleasant to see you.
- Oh, how are you?
- I adore what you're wearing. I must get a dress in that color.
- Am I real or an illusion? (laugh)
- Combat Chatter
- You should know I'm not all smiles.
- Enemy Downed
- What dreadful business.
- Kasmeer is voiced by Janell Cox.
- She "wears" the Phoenix Light Armor Skin and wields Kasmeer's Staff, both of which were made available for purchase through the Gem Store. (However, she has stated that her armor is just a mesmer illusion that she maintains, so that it will never get dirty.)
- Kasmeer is commonly used on the Wiki in images used for size comparisons. Arenanet playfully mentioned this in-game in the second season of the Living Story (episode 1: Gates of Maguuma), when she mentioned she had been turned into a unit of measurement.