I want nothing more than to put my lawless days behind me.
Canach is a sylvari criminal currently incarcerated at Vigil Keep. A mercenary, Canach was hired by the Consortium in 1325 AE to map, explore, and initiate construction at the previously-uncharted Southsun Cove. Although his contract prevented him from exploting animal, mineral, or magical sources on the island, it did not mention local flora, and Canach ordered his team to collect samples of Passion Flowers as they explored. For reasons not yet fully understood this provoked the local karka, who followed the fleeing survivors of the expedition back to Lion's Arch, where they attacked and destroyed Lion's Gate. Canach was apprehended in Garrenhoff and offered to help fight the ancient karka as penance, but fled Lionguard custody at the first opportunity.
As a fugitive from the Lionguard, and facing the freelance "decomissioning" team sent by the Consortium's Subdirector Noll, Canach made a concerted effort to change his appearance. He began to see himself as a champion of the weak, and sought out and destroyed a Molten Alliance weapons facility in order to prove it. Intending to get even with Noll and liberate the refugees from the Molten Alliance who had been tricked into Consortium settlement contracts on the Southsun Cove, Canach headed back to the island and spread a toxin that aggravated the local wildlife. The civil unrest induced there attracted the attention of Inspector Ellen Kiel of the Lionguard, and Canach was rearrested and imprisoned at Fort Marriner before he could destroy the last of the contracts.
Canach was evacuated from his cell during Scarlet's attack on the city and remains imprisoned in his cage at Vigil Keep, where it is revealed that an official from Divinity's Reach is interested in purchasing his billet.
 Story involvement
- Living World Season 1
 Combat abilities
- Controls Mines
- Unshakable - Gains defiance when targeted by crowd-control skills. Blind is 10% as effective. Weakness and vulnerability last 50% less time.
For previous dialogue, see here.
- "Hey. Big news. I'm getting out of the cage. I'm going to be a Shining Blade flunky. No complaints, mind you. My guess is they're fed fairly well."
Might give you some insight into how the other side works.
- "I suppose you're referring to the law-abiding side. Well, we could all benefit from that, couldn't we?"
I'm going to be traveling westward.
- "There's some wild country out there. Wish I could go with you. That's just the kind of adventure I love. Some other time, perhaps."
- We'll stay in touch.
- I see.
- I see.
For previous quotes, see here.
- On approach
- "Greetings. Care to help me pass the time?"
- Upon interacting
- "Hello again. It's good to see a familiar face. Got time to talk?"
- End interaction
- "Thank you for your time. I hope to see you again."
- Concept art