- See also: Canach's Story: An After-Hours Meeting
He was hired by the Consortium to lead an expedition team to explore, map, and initiate construction at Southsun Cove. His contract prevented him from exploiting animals, minerals, or magical sources on the island - using this, Canach ordered his team to collect samples of Passion Flowers on the island as they explored. For reasons unknown, this accidentally instigated the karka whom subsequently wiped out most of Canach's team - the only known survivors beyond Canach being Subdirector Noll and Owain. After Canach fled the island back to Lion's Arch, the Ancient Karka led an assault on the city. Canach fled again while the Lionguard were dealing with the karka threat, and left for Garrenhoff where the karka again attacked later, and he was convinced with force to aid the Lionguard, claiming intent to receive punishment for his crimes.
After the death of the Ancient Karka, Canach fled from the Lionguard, becoming a fugitive. It was later revealed that he was hunted by the Consortium's decommission teams for betraying the company. Both to hide his identity better, and because of the hardships he went through while being hunted down, Canach's appearance changed, becoming grimmer. During the Molten Alliance's invasion, he aided in raiding a Molten Facility, where he recovered a pair of Fused Gauntlets for himself. He wore those Fused Gauntlets as a symbol for himself as he began seeing himself as a hero of the people.
Afterwards, he hunted down former-Subdirector Blingg in order to find Noll who had been the one sending assassins after him. Upon hearing about the refugee's situation in Southsun Cove, he left for the island to aid the refugees who had signed a contract with the Consortium that kept them from legally leaving after the Molten Alliance's attacks ceased. Though his intentions were good, his attempts were misguided and he spread a still-mysterious kind of pollen across the island with the Fervid Censer to make the wildlife more aggressive in an attempt to destroy the contracts. This led to the refugees being harmed and Inspector Ellen Kiel hunted him down with help and arrested him in his lair beneath the Karka Hive. Upon his arrest he threatened that his plans would happen regardless, and Blimm's golem Canach stole, Subdirector NULL, was unleashed, though also subsequently stopped.
 Historical locations
- During The Lost Shores
- During Last Stand at Southsun
- Historical events
- Defeat Canach to find out what he knows (19)
 Combat abilities
- Controls mines - The various mines in Canach's Lair are directly controlled by him. The game will give system messages to inform players of Canach's actions – whether he is shielding himself from damage and needs to be lured to a hacked land mine, whether he is going to rearm and regain control of all mines or whether he is going to detonate all mines. Besides his mine control ability, Canach can use sword attack similar to Sever Artery, charge players with Bull's Charge and block attacks with his shield.
 Last Stand at Southsun Dialogue
- In Canach's Lair
- Primary article: Canach's Lair (story)
 Lost Shores Dialogue
- In Garrenhoff during Phase 1
- Primary article: The Lost Shores/Phase 1/Dialogues#Dialogue with Canach
- In Southsun Cove during Phase 2
- Primary article: The Lost Shores/Phase 2/Dialogues#Southsun Cove Invasion