— Countess Anise
Countess Anise is Master Exemplar of the Shining Blade, the queen's royal guard, as well as an advisor to the royal court and a member of the Mesmer Collective. She is a striking beauty with a commanding presence, and yet few know more about her.
When Queen Jennah's father died and she was invested to the Krytan throne, she appointed Countess Anise to the rank of Master Exemplar. Anise is a cunning political mind in her own right and has served in the Shining Blade for many years. Anise defended Jennah as her personal guard while Jennah was a young princess. The two are very close companions. Although Anise is not thought of as a powerful combatant, her cunning and ability to predict the actions of others has long served to keep the queen safe. Now Anise protects Krytan interests with an equally sharp edge.
- Chapter 1: Krytan Politics
- Chapter 2: Shadows of the Past
- Chapter 3: Traitor to the Queen
- Episode 10: Queen's Jubilee
- Episode 11: Clockwork Chaos
- boons and your foe random conditions whenever you are struck. Chaos Armor - Give yourself chaos armor, which gives yourself random
- illusion that attacks your foe. (Scripted) Phantasmal Swordsman - Create an
- To human characters
- Very soon, I have to go oversee Shining Blade training exercises but it's good to see you. The job of queen's guard is never done, you know.
- I understand.
- To non-human characters
- Oh, you look like trouble, but I know I don't need to warn you that you're in the presence of the Shining Blade, do I?
What's the Shining Blade?
- Hm, I suppose the easiest answer is that we're a military body that protects Queen Jennah. We also advise her, though. I'm their leader. Countess Anise, at your service.
- Pleased to meet you.
- Not at all.
- If HOPE IV: The Catalyst is unlocked and you have not yet received the Soul Battery Fragment
- Yes, may I help you?
I am looking for a device to capture soul energy.
- It just so happens I have acquired something, used long ago, for storing soul magic. Well, a piece of something, but it should do the trick.
- Thank you, Countess. (Gives Soul Battery Fragment.)
- I have changed my mind.
- No, thank you.
- Fancy meeting you here.
- How do you do.
- Fair weather we're having.
- What a pleasure to see you.
- Anise is voiced by Catherine Taber.
- She seems to use her mesmer powers to hide her true age, as she more or less admitted when Canach said he wonders if she is "really as young" as she looks during The World Summit.