— Countess Anise
Countess Anise is Master Exemplar of the Shining Blade, the queen's royal guard, as well as an advisor to the royal court. She is a striking beauty with a commanding presence, and yet few know more about her.
When Queen Jennah's father died and she was invested to the Krytan throne, she appointed Countess Anise to the rank of Master Exemplar. Anise is a cunning political mind in her own right and has served in the Shining Blade for many years. Anise defended Jennah as her personal guard while Jennah was a young princess. The two are very close companions. Although Anise is not thought of as a powerful combatant, her cunning and ability to predict the actions of others has long served to keep the queen safe. Now Anise protects Krytan interests with an equally sharp edge.
 Personal storyline involvement
- The Apothecary
- Going Undercover
- Desperate Medicine
- The Commander
- The Informant
- A Society Function
- The Trial of Julius Zamon
- The Sting
- Rending the Mantle
- The Orders of Tyria
- Kellach's Attack
- The Trap
- The Queen's Justice
 Living World involvement
 Combat abilities
- Unshakable - Gains defiance when targeted by crowd-control skills. Blind is 10% as effective. Weakness and vulnerability last 50% less time.
- Chaos Armor - Give yourself chaos armor, which gives yourself random boons and your foe random conditions whenever you are struck.
- Phantasmal Swordsman - Create an illusion that attacks your foe. (Scripted)
- In Queen's Throne Room, to human character
- "Very soon, I have to go oversee Shining Blade training exercises but it's good to see you. The job of queen's guard is never done, you know."
- I understand.
- In Queen's Throne Room, to non-human characters
- "Oh, you look like trouble, but I know I don't need to warn you that you're in the presence of the Shining Blade, do I?"
What's the Shining Blade?
- "Hm, I suppose the easiest answer is that we're a military body that protects Queen Jennah. We also advise her, though. I'm their leader. Countess Anise, at your service."
- Pleased to meet you.
- Not at all.
- "Fancy meeting you here."
- "How do you do."
- "Fair weather we're having."
- "What a pleasure to see you."