If you are bold enough, your legend will live forever.
— Eir Stegalkin
Eir Stegalkin, daughter of Einar Cliffstrider and mother of Braham Eirsson, is a norn ranger, tactician, artist, and visionary who travels the world with her wolf companion, Garm. Her totem is Wolf, and when she takes on her wolf form, her fur is red like her hair. Being the leader of Destiny's Edge, she is well known and respected. However, the breaking of the company and her lack of heroic deeds since then had garnered negative opinions from some of her people until its reunion.
Her tactics rely on understanding the mind of her enemy and taking advantage of their weakness through provocation and encouragement. She is also a renowned sculptor of wood and stone, communing with the Spirits of the Wild to guide and shape her artistry.
Much of Eir's earlier history is unknown. What is known is that her father died to an icebrood attack when she was young and ever since vowed to destroy Jormag and the other Elder Dragons and their hordes. Years later, she fell in love with a norn named Borje and had a child with him whom they named Braham in 1309 AE. Knowing that Eir's legend was not yet finished, Borje offered to take care of Braham alone so that Eir could fulfill that awaiting legend - something not uncommon amongst norn. In the following years, she made a home for herself in the outskirts of Hoelbrak where she carved statues for a living, all the while searching for a method to combat the Elder Dragons and their minions, knowing that brute strength alone would not suffice.
This method came to her in the form of Snaff and his apprentice Zojja, who commissioned her to carve two giant stone busts for a new type of golem power suits. When Eir saw these power suits, she formulated a plan to use them against the Dragonspawn, one of Jormag's strongest champions that harried Hoelbrak for years. The three went to work and confronted the Dragonspawn, but failed to kill it. Its outraged onslaught on Hoelbrak left Knut Whitebear no choice but to banish Eir from the large homestead until she could find "real warriors" to kill the Dragonspawn. Eir, accompanied by Snaff and Zojja, left for Lion's Arch where they recruited the infamous arena prisoner team, Edge of Steel, after besting them in a three on three fight. With more numbers and improved golems, the newly formed Destiny's Edge assaulted the Dragonspawn and proved victorious.
With Eir convinced they were not yet ready to take on an Elder Dragon, Destiny's Edge traveled the continent fighting dragon minions and dragon champions, felling Morgus Lethe and the Destroyer of Life over the course of a year. When the guild got word that Glint was a dragon champion of an Elder Dragon not yet risen, they marched towards the Crystal Desert. Glint, however, managed to convince Destiny's Edge that she was not the threat they should face now and that her former master, Kralkatorrik, was soon to awake. They prepared to fight alongside Glint to defeat the Elder Dragon but as it flew south and attacked Ebonhawke, Logan Thackeray was warned via telepathy that Queen Jennah was endangered. Eager to leave, Logan argued with Rytlock Brimstone and managed to slip through a hole-in-your-pocket portal invention of Snaff's when Eir told him to do what was right, intending for him to stay. Though short one man and warned by Glint that they had a chance if they all worked together, Eir decided to keep to their plan, altering little to account for Logan's absence. The guild failed in the end, with Kralkatorrik killing Glint personally, and the branded killing Snaff. Destiny's Edge broke apart there, each member going their own separate way, and Eir stopped fighting the Elder Dragons, blaming herself for Snaff's death, and earning ire from the norn youth for giving up.
In 1325 AE, with Caithe's prompting Eir attempted to reforge Destiny's Edge while suffering Zojja's criticism on her leadership capabilities. To fulfill this, she delved into the Ascalon Catacombs to retrieve Magdaer to give to Logan, in hopes of easing the tension between him and Rytlock. She tried to make amends with Zojja by assisting her in protecting Snaff's legacy, but retreated when told off and went north to fight the icebrood until death claimed her. She eventually ran into the kodan of Honor of the Waves, where she met the Honor's Claw and assisted him - alongside Caithe - in attempting to retake the Sanctuary from icebrood. During this travel, the Honor's Claw fell into despair at the Honor's Voice's corruption and death, and Eir realized that she needed to keep fighting, regardless of the losses she suffered, and could not give up hope of defeating the Elder Dragons - with or without a fully reunited Destiny's Edge.
Alongside Logan, Rytlock, and Caithe, she joined the Pact and the Pact Commander in the final assault against Zhaitan, joined at the last minute by Zojja thus completing Destiny's Edge's return. Aboard the airships, Destiny's Edge felled the Elder Death Dragon once and for all, and returned to Fort Trinity to make plans for the future.
Eir met her son, Braham, for the first time after a long time when Cragstead is first evacuated. Slowly, over time, Eir and Braham reconnected and started to bond. Before they can really bond, though, she joined the Pact Fleet aboard the Glory of Tyria in battle against Mordremoth in the skies above Verdant Brink.
|After Mordremoth brought down the Pact fleet, she, Logan, Zojja and Trahearne went missing. She was locked up in a cage along with Faolain. After having been located by Rytlock and being freed by the Pact Commander, she was stabbed in her waist with a thorn by Faolain and was killed by a Mordrem Vinetooth.|
- Chapter 1: Forging a Legend
- The Great Hunt
- A Weapon of Legend
- Disciples of the Dragon
- Echoes of Ages Past
- Out of the Skies
- Twilight of the Wolf
- The Last of the Giant-Kings
- Wild Spirits
- Rage of the Minotaurs
- A Trap Foiled
- One Good Drink Deserves Another
- Minotaur Rampant
- A Pup's Illness
- Through the Veil
- Blessed of Bear
- Raven's Revered
- Into the Mists
- The Wolf Havroun
- Chapter 2: Everyone Makes Mistakes
- Chapter 3: Death from Below
- Chapter 4: Order Neophyte
- Chapter 6: The Battle of Claw Island
- Chapter 8: Victory or Death
- Episode 3: Flame and Frost: The Razing
- Episode 4: Flame and Frost: Retribution
- Episode 3: The Dragon's Reach: Part 1
- Episode 5: Echoes of the Past
- Episode 6: Tangled Paths
- Episode 8: Point of No Return
- Act 1
- Rapid Fire - Fire multiple arrows at your foe.
- Barrage - Barrage the target area with a hail of arrows that cripple.
- Hunter's Shot - Fire an arrow that grants you stealth when it hits an enemy. Your pet gains swiftness.
- Long Range Shot - Shoot your foe from long range. The farther the arrow flies, the more damage it does.
- Point Blank Shot - Push back your foe with a point-blank shot. The closer they are, the farther it pushes them back.
- Wolf Form - Permanent version of Become the Wolf (The Championship Fight only)
- Rending Swipe - Slash at your target, bleeding them twice.
- Rending Sweep - No skill description found.
- Blood Frenzy - Slash repeatedly at foe, stealing life.
- Snarl - Let out a snarl, striking fear into your foes.
- Howl - Howl wildly, giving allies fury and regeneration.
- Leap - Leap onto foe, knocking them down.
- Rending Swipe - Slash at your target, bleeding them twice.
- If player is norn
- Slayer! I didn't expect to see you. I'm busy right now."
- I'll leave you to it.
- If player is not norn
- Hail, stranger. This statue is proving quite a challenge. I have to focus.
- The journey continues. You have my attention.
- I wish you clear skies.
- It's good to see you here.
- The road is long. I wish you well.
- May the Spirits of the Wild watch over you.
- Concept Art