Lion’s Arch honors the defiant spirit of its citizenry with the rousing Dragon Bash festival, when revelers laugh in the face of fear! Sponsored by the Captain’s Council of Lion’s Arch, Dragon Bash is a month-long celebration packed with all-new activities, fireworks, exclusive rewards, and surprises galore! The festival begins on June 11 and ends on July 9.
Show no fear – Dragon Bash is here!
— Official website
Dragon Bash is a release launched on June 11th, 2013. It is a holiday event inspired by the historical Dragon Festival, but with a Lion's Arch flair, intending to symbolize the resistance to the Elder Dragons.
- See also: Game updates/2013-06-11
- Temporary features
- Dragon Bash festival
- Permanent features
Heralds in each city will point players towards the newly redecorated Lion's Arch, with the LA heralds giving detailed information on new things to do. The entire Captain's Council is present for the celebration in the Grand Piazza, ready to talk and answer questions about the celebration, the inspiration for it, and why it's needed. Several festivalgoers can be found around the city contemplating the event, as well as protesters: Roardina, Merrik, Marren, and Broll.
Finolla and Volak Ironsnout are on hand to welcome players to the new arena they designed: Dragon Ball. Inspector Ellen Kiel is present, no longer needed at Southsun Cove, guarding the entrance to the stage for the upcoming effigy ceremony. A new statue of Cobiah Marriner has also been constructed in White Crane Terrace, along with plaques around the city, commemorating the first Commodore who guided Lion's Arch from ruin to its current glory. A mysterious rock formation can be found in Gendarran Fields as well.
FestivitiesDragon Ball, Moa Racing, the Zhaitaffy vendor and Hologram Projector are marked with a dragon on the map.
A firework finale will occur at dawn (in-game) in Lion's Arch, every two hours from 9:00 AM PDT on Friday, June 14th, until 12:01 PM PDT on Monday, June 17th. The exact time of dawn depends on the server or overflow, but will always occur two hours after the previous dawn.
- Dragon Ball
- Primary article: Dragon Ball
Lion's Arch purchased this combat arena from Finolla and has made it available to all players during Dragon Bash.
- Paper Dragon
Dragon pinatas are spread around the major cities for players to break and smash. Each pinata will reward pieces of Zhaitaffy candy, and breaking enough of them will reward the Paper Dragon achievement.
- Moa Racing
- Primary article: Moa Racing
Players can bet on one of five different moa racers to win tickets. These tickets can be traded for prize money or collected and traded in for the new Mini Helmed Moa Racer.
- Dragon Holograms
- Primary article: Hologram Projector
Hologram Projectors are spread throughout Tyria, except for Ruins of Orr and Southsun Cove. Players can activate these to summon several Holographic Dragon Minions to defeat. Defeating enough of these minions will earn you the So Lifelike achievement.
- Dragon Effigies
Dragon Effigies are spread around the world leading up to Lion's Arch. There are 3 effigies per zone to light by interacting with them. Players can /dance in front of them to receive a bonus health buff.
There are several dragon-themed items available for players for participating in the Dragon Bash.
- Dragon Coffers drop from all mobs, with a higher rate from holographic minions (while the Rich Dragon Coffers can be purchased in the Gem Store), and can contain various items including candy, fireworks, a new miniature, and Dragon's Jade Claim Tickets.
- Piece of Zhaitaffy can be collected and traded for several items, including Jorbreakers.
- Attending the fireworks show between June 14th-17th will award players with the Horns of the Dragon helm in all three armor types.
- Two dragon wing back items are available. The Holographic Dragon Wing Cover can be purchased for 100 Jorbreakers, or a random reward from Dragon Ball and Dragon Coffers. The Holographic Shattered Dragon Wing Cover can be earned by completing 8 out of the 12 available Dragon Bash Achievements
- Primary article: Dragon Bash mail
Dragon Bash: Celebration
- Dragon Bash is in full swing in Lion's Arch. Catch the fireworks shows this weekend.
Dragon Bash: Effigy Ceremony
- Dragon Bash festivities, including the Effigy Ceremony, continue in Lion's Arch despite disturbances.
- Effigy Lighting Ceremony
- Primary article: Ceremony and Acrimony
- Speak to Inspector Ellen Kiel to enter. The major cultures across Tyria have sent their ambassadors to Lion’s Arch, to represent each race at a ceremony where they symbolically destroy the dragons by lighting effigies on fire. Memories on the Pyre is a single player instance.
- Meeting Marjory Delaqua
- Primary article: Hard Boiled
- Go to Divinity's Reach, Eastern Commons, and enter The Dead End to meet a new investigator. This is a single player instance.
- Scene of the Crime
- Primary article: Every Piece Matters
- Return to Lion's Arch and speak to Inspector Ellen Kiel to enter the Scene of the Crime and begin hunting down suspects. The Scene of the Crime is a single player instance.
Gem Store items
- Rich Dragon Coffer
- Dragon's Fortune Fireworks
- Marriner's Horn — 800
- Dragon Bash Mini Pack — 500
- All holographic mobs are counted as the same holographic type, not the mob types they emulate.
|1||Bash The Dragon||2:24||Matthew Moore||SoundCloud|
|2||Dragon Bash March||2:37||Matthew Moore||SoundCloud|
- Dragon Bash has many similarities with the Dragon Festival:
- Both festivals take place during the northern hemisphere summer and are used to raise the morale and spirit of the population.
- There are festival-themed activities, mini-games, and drops from random foes.
- Dragon Ball is a spiritual successor of the Dragon Arena.
- Both festivals have repeating finales, with an exclusive reward for those attending.
- Dragon Bash on official website
- Official Dragon Bash guide
- Attend the Effigy Lighting Ceremony on official website
- "Bash the Dragons" on SoundCloud
- "Bash the Dragons" song and behind the scenes