Discovering Scarlet's Breakthrough
Discovering Scarlet's Breakthrough
- 1327 AE
- Living World Season 2
- Prospect Valley
- Discover the truth of Scarlet's work in Dry Top.
- Look for a way up and out of Scarlet's tunnel from this point.
- Find the tunnel exit near this point.
- Look for the next point near Restoration Refuge.
- Enter Raptor Prowl to find the next point.
- Cross the Uplands Oasis to the next point on Scarlet's map.
- Climb the vine bridge to the point at the top of the cliff.
- Find a way into the Unswept Uplands and the next map point.
- Head down toward the cave mouth from the next point.
- Fight your way into the cavern to discover Scarlet's destination.
- Enter the caverns.
- Secure the first security console.
- Use the console to destroy the Inquest.
- Inquest Assassin killed: x/4
- Secure the second security console.
- Remotely control the steam creature to destroy the Inquest.
- Secure the third console.
- Discuss what to do next with your friends.
For the first part of the story you will be following directions (as logged by the Event assistant) on Scarlet's map you found in Scarlet's Secret Room. First exit the cave follow green stars out of the cavern tell you meet a rocky slope. Head up the rocky slope. You will encounter a steam minotaur body. Head towards Restoration Refuge following the green star. Now head towards Raptor Prowl following the green star. Cross the Uplands Oasis to the next point on Scarlet's map. If the Drive the Mordrem away from the vine bridge planting area is active you will need to complete the event. You will want to stay on the upper platform when doing so as that is where the bridge will grow there. If the event was active you can now climb the bridge. If it is not the bridge should just be there. Climb the vine bridge to the next green star. Now you need to find the entrance to the instance. Continue east next to a Strange Cube. Head more East in the direction of the next green star finding a Broken Steam Minotaur. Now Continue east down towards the cavern where you will find some Inquest fight off the Inquest and enter the cavern interacting with the green star to start the instance.
For the second part of the story you will enter a instance. Taimi will direct you to the first security console. You want to defeat the inquest defending it. At that point Taimi will make the security console available to you. You will then need to interact with the console to destroy the inquest. Taimi will then take you to the second console. You will destroy the four inquest defending it. At that time the next console will be made available by Taimi. In this one you will be inside of a steam creature it has two skills Throw Gear and Steam Stomp. Use those skills to defeat all the inquest in the area the steam creature that you are controlling is in. Now follow Taimi to the third console. Destroy the Inquest in the area around the third console. The inquest will come and try to stop you. Hold them off for a while then they will all be destroyed.
- Fire for Effect
|Fire for Effect||Entanglement||5|
| Kill five Inquest with one barrage from Scarlet's turrets.Story Instance: Discovering Scarlet's Breakthrough
||Killed Five Inquest with One Barrage from Scarlet's Turrets||5|
This achievement can be completed after securing the first security console. When firing the zap weapons target a large cluster of inquest. Achievement qualification may be tracked by the Fire for Effect effect on the player's bar.
- Mess with the Bull...
|Mess with the Bull...||Entanglement||5|
| Defeat the Inquest at the second console location as a steam minotaur without ejecting.Story Instance: Discovering Scarlet's Breakthrough
||Defeated Inquest at Second Console as Steam Minotaur without Ejecting||5|
This achievement can be completed after securing the second console. When inside the minotaur use skill 2 Steam Stomp to knockback the inquest and avoid the red circle telegraphs. Achievement qualification may be tracked by the Mess with the Bull... effect on the player's bar.
- No Tricks
| Defeat the Inquest in the ley line hub without using any of Scarlet's turrets or steam creatures.Story Instance: Discovering Scarlet's Breakthrough
||Defeated Inquest in Ley Line Hub without Scarlet's Turrets or Steam Creatures||5|
This achievement must be obtained separately from Fire for Effect, and Mess with the Bull, so you will need to play the episode again. This time do not use the first or second console, instead go with Braham Eirsson's idea and get rid of the inquest the "good ol' fashioned way". You can be downed and/or defeated and still get the achievement. This achievement is awarded at the very end of the instance so you must listen to all of the dialogue at the end. Achievement qualification may be tracked by the No Tricks effect on the player's bar.
- Inquest Assassin
- Inquest Grenadier
- Inquest Technician
- Inquest Golemcaster
- Overloaded Mark I Golem
- Mark I Golem
- Mark II Golem
When interacting with the various objects:
- Steam Minotaur Head: The head of a steam minotaur lies abandoned on a workbench, where Scarlet appears to have been repairing it.
- Steam Minotaur Body: One of Scarlet's abandoned steam minions remains where it ceased functioning while on its way out of her lab.
- Power Crystal: Someone dropped what looks like an asuran power crystal here.
- Strange Cube: What looks to be the component of a larger machine of asuran design lies where it fell in the sand.
- Broken Steam Minotaur: One of Scarlet's steam minions remains decapitated and abandoned here in the dunes. This may be where the head on her workbench came from.
Approaching the group:
- Kasmeer Meade: I'm so glad you're here.
- Kasmeer Meade: This place is amazing.
- Marjory Delaqua: And brimming with bad guys. The Inquest are here.
- Rox: We know how to deal with Inquest. Let's clear this place out.
- Taimi: Wait, Rox. Let's be smart. Scarlet will have left security devices in place. They're currently off-line, but if I can reactivate them, we can use them to our advantage.
- Braham Eirsson: Awww. Can't we just get rid of them the good ol' fashioned way?
- Taimi: You could, but they'd be back before you know it. Scarlet's security can protect this area from future attacks. Clear the way to the first console for me.
Talking with your allies:
- Rox: I don't like to think about what the Inquest would do in this place. This group doesn't look like Aetherblades, but they'd be just as dangerous if they had access to Scarlet's devices.
- We'll make sure they don't get them.
- Braham Erisson: Every time I fight Inquest, I think about ending up in a cage while they experiment on me. It's my worst nightmare. I'd rather be dead.
The Inquest are like that.
- Taimi told me that Inquest did horrible experiments on sylvari when they first arrived. They treated them like animals.
The Inquest weren't the only ones.
- I wasn't born yet when they first arrived, so they've just always been around me. I can't imagine how strange it must be for people who remember a time before sylvari.
- I know what you mean.
- Kasmeer Maede:I'm ready to distract them with illusions if you need it. These Inquest are like rats in suits. They never come only one or two at a time. They attack in swarms.
- Be ready.
- Marjory Delaqua: This place thrums with magical energy. Can you feel it? It has stomach-churning depth to it. It's ancient.
- I feel it.
- Taimi: Don't get caught in their cross fire. Inquest weaponry can be nasty.
I thought this place was sealed up?
- It was. But if the Inquest are good at anything, it's finding hidden labs and raiding them.
- I see.
- I'll be careful.
Reaching first console:
- Taimi: Overriding access. Enabling manual controls on the...ooh, zap weapons. Nice.
- Taimi: Okay. It's all yours. Use the console to fry some Inquest.
- Braham Eirsson: It isn't going to blow up in our faces, is it?
- Taimi: Don't be silly. The chances are so slim as to be negligible. About..oh, fifty-three percent. I've tagged us all nonhostile.
- Braham Eirsson: All right! Let's zap some Inquest then.
Finishing off the Inquest waves:
- Taimi: You got them all! Well, the ones we could see, at least. There's another console ahead. We'll have to activate it as well. Let's go.
- Marjory Delaqua: You're enjoying yourself, aren't you, Taimi?
- Taimi: Using Scarlet's brilliant devices—even her earliest designs—to neutralize Inquest? How could I not have fun?
Reaching second console:
- Taimi: Hm, This one is a little more complicated. Nothing I can't handle, though.
- Taimi: Is it my birthday? This one interfaces with one of her steam creatures.
- Taimi: Doot dee do and tah dah! Now you have full control. If badly damaged, it'll eject you.
- Taimi: But its self-repair protocols should power it back up again once it's done.
- Kasmeer Meade: I want to try it.
- Taimi: Not you. This one's for the boss only.
Finishing off the Inquest waves:
- Taimi: You're a natural. But, as far as I can tell, there's one more console up ahead. Get me to it, and we'll be golden.
- Rox: I gotta say, that look suits you.
- Taimi: No time to dawdle. Inquest don't give up easily. They'll launch a counterattack, and we have to be ready.
Reaching third console:
- Taimi: Last one done! This will activate Scarlet's holographic defenses. Once they're fired up, they'll kill everything in here.
- Marjory Delaqua: You do realize that we fall in the category of "everything," right?
- Taimi: Don't worry. I'm confident I can configure the system to identify our silhouettes as allies. It might take a bit, though.
- Rox: We don't have a bit. Inquest incoming! Lots of Inquest.
- Kasmeer Meade: Taimi, work as fast as you can. We'll buy you some time.
Finishing off the Inquest waves:
- Taimi: Hold on. Activating defenses.
- Marjory Delaqua: You're absolutely sure this won't kill us?
- Taimi: Absolutely. I'd give it a solid fifty-three percent chance.
- Marjory Delaqua: I beg your pardon? Maybe you shouldn't—
- Kasmeer Meade: It's...beautiful.
- Marjory Delaqua: And we're still alive. That's a plus.
- Taimi: Of course we're still alive. I was joking about the the fifty-three percent. It was more like seventy-eight.
- Rox: Wonderful. Looks like we're going to be the only ones walking around in here for some time.
- Braham Eirsson: You did great, Taimi.
- Taimi: I know.
- Kasmeer Meade: What is this place?
- Taimi: It's a cave.
- Kasmeer Meade: You know what I mean.
- Taimi: Well, everything points to it being a ley line hub. And, before you ask, it's where multiple ley lines intersect. Scarlet thought it important enough to set up a lab here.
- Marjory Delaqua: The plant dragon's corruption has found its way in.
- Taimi: Yes, it's troubling, but it makes sense given how the dragons consume magic. They're undoubtedly attracted to ley lines like spiders are attracted to flies caught in their webs.
- Marjory Delaqua: That doesn't bode well for waypoints.
- Taimi: No, I'm afraid not.
- Rox: There has to be something we can do about it.
- Taimi: I'm working on a solution. I've tapped into the asuran waypoint network to see which waypoints are being disturbed. It's far more widespread than I imagined.
- Braham Eirsson: How widespread?
- Taimi: Well, for example, the waypoints at Fort Concordia and at Fort Salma are behaving irregularly. If it's the dragon's tendrils—and I presume it is—then that's quite far afield.
- Taimi: There are other waypoints being disturbed, but those two are the most egregious. It's interesting that they're both strongholds.
- Marjory Delaqua: I'd say this requires some direct observation. I want to see what this is all about with my own two eyes.
- Braham Eirsson: Why don't we split up? Rox and I can take Concordia. You two head out to Fort Salma and say hello to your sister for us.
- Kasmeer Meade: That's a great idea. I'd love to spend more time with Belinda. Get to know her better.
- Taimi: I don't care if you beg. I'm not going to either place. I have to stay here and continue my research. Nothing's changing my mind.
- Rox: No begging here. C'mon, Braham. Let's go.