Scarlet's Secret Room
Scarlet's Secret Room
- 1327 AE
- Living World Season 2
- Prospect Valley
- Alert from Braham
- Check your mail.
- Check on Taimi in the town of Prosperity
- Head to Scarlet's secret room.
- Talk to Marjory.
- Talk to Kasmeer.
- Talk to Taimi.
- Investigate the hole behind the bookcase.
- Explore the tunnel.
- Talk with Taimi.
WalkthroughThe first thing you want to do is click on play episode in your story journal and read your newly-received mail (Living World, Season 2, Entanglement). Then head over to the Town of Prosperity and enter Scarlet's Secret Room. Talk to Marjory, Kasmeer, then Taimi. Go through the hole in the bookcase. Explore the tunnel inspecting each item with a green star . Then talk with Taimi again.
In Scarlet's room
- Braham Eirsson: Taimi? Taimi! Are you here?
- Braham Eirsson: Taimi?
- Taimi: I'm here. I'm okay. Scruffy protected me. Are you all okay?
- Brahm Eirsson: Oh. Phew. Yeah, we're okay too.
- Taimi: Everything started to shake. I barely had time to get into Scruffy.
- Rox: Is she okay, Braham?
- Braham Eirsson: Yeah, she's okay. She hid in her golem.
- Taimi: I didn't hide. I was collecting important data.
- Braham Eirsson: Uh-huh.
- Kasmeer Meade: Did I hear you say Taimi's okay?
- Taimi: I'm fiiine. Golly.
- Marjory Delaqua: What's happening?
- Speaking with Marjory Delaqua
- I feel like the whole world is falling out from under us.
I think we all feel that way. We've got a new dragon to contend with.
- Nothing will ever be the same.
- No. It won't. Mordremoth did this. And it's only just starting.
- Kasmeer Meade: M-M-M-Mordremoth? (hic)
- Marjory Delaqua: Raises the stakes to a whole new level of awful, doesn't it?
- Kasmeer Meade: Gods, we need a plan. What are we going to do?
- Speaking with Kasmeer Meade
- You really think all these vines are related to Mordremoth? All these deaths?
I'm quite certain.
- What are we going to do?
We start by following Scarlet's trail.
- Scarlet believed she had seen the bigger picture. It was part of her delusion. I don't think bringing down the Zephyrites was part of Scarlet's plan, but both she and the saboteur—
Talked about the destruction of Tyria. I know.
- Aerin said a Tyrian leader would die. This makes me think someone—or something—was pulling his strings. That scares me the most about him.
Trouble is, we have no idea who he meant.
- It could be anyone, though the biggest threat to Mordremoth is probably Trahearne. I hate the thought that Queen Jennah could be in danger too.
He said several other strange things too.
- Yes. Like, "It will be so pleased." And, "I've seen the bigger picture." He sounded so much like Scarlet, it was unnerving.
- I suspect we can still learn from Scarlet, even posthumously.
- Speaking with Taimi
- For the record, I agree that this is Mordremoth's doing. It all started with Scarlet. We need to understand her. Did you see her voice recorder? Her books and papers?
I'm just glad you're okay. What have you learned here?
- Lots of things! Like, Scarlet started with steam creatures, then graduated to aether and watchwork. She released a bunch of the steam creatures into the wild. Oh, and she killed Omadd.
- He was her last mentor. He experimented on her with his mind-widening device, and that's when she saw the Eternal Alchemy, or what she thought was it.
So she killed him for it?
- No, she killed him because once he realized his device worked, he started looking at her like she was a lab rat—not like an assistant or student. He was going to experiment more on her.
I see. But surely Omadd wouldn't have hurt her?
- Historically speaking, previous generations of asura—including Omadd's—viewed the sylvari as an anomaly to be studied. When the first sylvari arrived, many were...victimized in the interest of arcane knowledge.
Do you have any new insight into that drawing on the wall?
- Actually, I do. Based on Scarlet's writings and her holographic recorder over there, I've come up with a theory. I think that's the representation of her vision.
- Her mentor Omadd made a device that opened the mind. When she tried it, she had a vision. At the center is a symbol I've seen used to represent the Pale Tree.
And you think she drew that drawing after it?
- Yes. She claimed that she had seen the Eternal Alchemy during the vision. The symmetrical elements in the drawing and the Pale Tree at the center lead me to that conclusion.
Why the Pale tree?
- In her vision, she saw the Pale Tree attacked by a thorn vine. She described it as doing terrible damage to the Pale Tree.
That sounds terrible. Did it bother her?
- It pleased her. She even grew some thorny vines to strangle Omadd. The parallel with the vines from her vision is not lost on me.
What about ley lines? Have you learned anything new?
- The most interesting thing of all! Scarlet theorized that our waypoint positioning coincides with the locations of the most powerful ley lines.
Was she right?
- Likely, but not yet confirmed. I need to do more research. I need to better understand the elements that drew her to that conclusion.
- I see.
- Oh. I see.
- I didn't. Hold that thought. I need to look around.
- Marjory Delaqua: So were you able to figure out what Scarlet was doing here?
- Taimi: She was studying ley lines. But I don't—
- Braham Eirsson: Hold on!
- Kasmeer Meade: Oh! Oh! Oh my!
- Kasmeer Meade: What's happening?
- Rox: Hey. Come look at this. There's a passage behind this bookshelf.
- Taimi: What? Get out of my way! Let me see!
- Braham Eirsson: Settle down. Let the boss go in first.
- Taimi: All right, but hurry up.
- Rox: C'mon, Frostbite Let's go.
- Frostbite: (chirp)
- Interacting with the blueprint on the wall
- This set of blueprints appears to have been redrawn several times. A coffinlike device has tentacles coming off it in all directions.
- Interacting with the piece of paper on the back of staircase.
- This piece of paper was torn from a book.
- Letters sent home from soldiers in the Kournan army have given us great insight into their lives. In the eleventh century A.E., their leader Varesh Ossa inspired great loyalty.
- In one particular speech, Ossa praised her military and encouraged them to use their persuasive abilities to build the power of Kourna from the inside.
- She said, "If properly convinced, you can get whole groups of lesser creatures to work toward your goals without them realizing they're not working for themselves."
- Ossa cites the alliance between centaurs and Kournan craftspeople as an example. Together, they produced better armor and weapons, and they provided for the Kournan people's day-to-day needs.
- Interacting with a book on the ground.
- This notebook, titled "Research Notes," has a complex set of equations, drawings, and engineering blueprints.
- if reading as an engineer
Examine it from an engineer's point of view.
- Scarlet was obviously researching how to tap and control strong magical currents, even stronger than most asuran devices channel.
- She mentions the research of several asuran geniuses and utilizes many of their recognized equations as the foundation for future research into magic conductors.
- Read on.
- if not an engineer
- Leave it.
- Interacting with the book on a stool.
- "A History of Dry Top" by Nicholas Sanford
- Now a barren landscape, this rounded basin may have held water many millennia ago. Sand now covers everything, blowing on the wind and eroding all—rocks and inhabitants alike.
- Unknown sentient beings once built fragile hillside homes high on the cliffsides. Some structures still linger but will also fall victim to the blowing sand and hot sun.
- The area attracts outlaws on the run with something to hide. Or those who are unwelcome among civilized folk for one reason or another. This makes the area dangerous to travelers such as me and Yakkington.
- Migrating centaur packs come though here, it seems. There is evidence that they once had refuge here. A large tree trunk, quiet out of place, could have been one of their sacred trees.
- Despite appearances, this waterless area is far from lifeless, and it serves as the doorway into the Maguuma Jungle, a region of uncontrollable growth, life, and often death.
- Interacting with a book on a table.
- On the open page of this book, Scarlet drew a route leading up and out of her tunnel to a higher region of Dry top.
- The points on Scarlet's map trace a path winding across this higher region of Dry Top to some unknown destination, where she drew crisscrossing lightning bolts.
- Talking to Taimi again
- Did you find something? You found something, didn't you?
Scarlet left a map showing that she headed someplace to the southwest.
- I bet it leads to the ley line she discovered.
- You stay here with the others for now. I'm going to see where this takes me.