Durmand Priory (location)
From Guild Wars 2 Wiki
- This article is about the area. For the order, see Durmand Priory. For the instance, see Durmand Priory (instance).
The monks of the monastery are fighter-scholars that come from multiple races and fight to protect their "sacred charge". Their order, Durmand Priory, is named for the monastery.
Locations and objectives
- Durmand Priory Waypoint —
- Arcanist Braccae
- Black Lion Trader
- Black Lion Trader
- Brewmaster Burna (periodically)
- Explorer Edwyn
- Explorer Holly
- Mordrem Researcher
- Arcanist Timble: Gixx wants a current assessment of our defenses.
- Priory Arcanist: Didn't we perform a full diagnostic just last week?
- Arcanist Timble: He wants us to run it again. Something must be up. He seemed agitated.
- Priory Arcanist: More than usual? I mean, of course. We should proceed immediately.
- Priory Historian: (sneeze) (sneeze) (sneeze) Ooh. There must be a cat nearby.
- Priory Novice (human): What brought you to the Priory?
- Priory Novice (sylvari): In my Dream, I saw dragons, and a spire of light drove them off.
- Priory Novice (human): You really think we can defeat them? Do you really believe we can reclaim our world?
- Priory Novice (sylvari): Maybe, but there may be too much that even time cannot erase.
- Priory Novice: We got a field request for copies of everything we have on destroyers.
- Priory Scholar: We could fill two crates with scrolls detailing their diet and habitat alone.
- Priory Novice: What should I do?
- Priory Scholar: Our field scholars require our assistance. You'd best get to work.
- Priory Scholar: When is the next batch of dwarven artifacts due to arrive?
- Priory Novice: I don't know. Shall I go check?
- Priory Scholar: Of course. Why do you think I asked?
- Priory Scholar: Bah. Students. They get more worthless every year.
- The Priory Archives in an instanced section of the Durmand Priory.
- Services provided were formerly limited to members of the order.
- The layout of the outer part of the Priory resembles a Mjolnir amulet.
- The Durmand Priory Waypoint was originally located in the round room at the end of the hallway, near the Priory Archives. With the Escape from Lion's Arch update, it was moved outside, to the courtyard. The update also added a new wooden staircase leading from the Priory courtyard down to the new refugee camp in Bouldermouth Vale.
- Most unnamed NPCs in the Priory periodically rotate between random races. However, there are a few that are fixed — for example, the norn and charr Priory Historians talking near the hero challenge.