Sylvari awaken in the Grove and consider it their home. The Pale Tree stands at its heart. Also known as the Mother Tree, she gives love and wise guidance to her sprouts.
— In-game description
Hundreds of years ago, the Grove was the site of a human village, amongst whom was a Shining Blade member by the name of Ronan. Ronan, a soldier and a warrior, went out to war, and in his travels came across a cavern full of seeds the size of a man's fist. With one of those seeds stowed away, Ronan arrived back home, only to find that the villagers, including his daughter and the rest of his kin, had been massacred by mursaat. In grief, Ronan made a vow of non-violence and planted that seed upon the graves of his family. It was this seed, tended by Ronan and the centaur Ventari in a small sanctuary until their passing, that would later become the Pale Tree that anchors the Grove today.
|Dreamer's Terrace (home instance)|
|Garden of Dawn|
|Garden of Dusk||
|Garden of Night|
|Garden of Noon|
|Omphalos Chamber (instance)|
|The Quester's Terrace||
|The Sea Rider's Gate||—|
|The Song Bower||—|
- Although mechanically counting for the Maguuma Explorer, in lore it is part of the Tarnished Coast.
- This location shares many parallels to Ventari's Refuge in that it was founded on values of peace and mercy, and that it is also the location of a gargantuan tree.
- Near the northern most entrance, there are what look like stained glass windows in the side of a hill, alternating tulips and roses.
- Swimming to the back of the northern-most lake in the Garden of Dawn reveals a hidden entrance to a beautiful grotto with a waterfall.
- The Asuran gate engineer (Lions Arch Exit) and a Sylvari chattering re: questions to a golem about Turtles and Mothers is a nod to the start of the movie Blade Runner, where an interviewer asks the same questions of a Replicant.
- The official Home of the Sylvari trailer.