Appearance for the majority of Heart of Thorns
With every moment we wait, someone else's mother dies! I won't give Jormag a few days! I won't give Jormag a few minutes!
He grew up not knowing who his mother was until his father died, leading him to have a form of resentment for her. After his father's death when Braham was seven, he lived at Rugnar's Steading with Yngvi Rugnar and Brynhildr the Mother Bear.
When the Molten Alliance attacked in early 1326 AE, Braham went to the Black Citadel for aid from Rytlock Brimstone for defending Cragstead, and when that failed went to Hoelbrak to seek aid from his mother and Knut Whitebear. Upon his return, Cragstead had fallen to the Molten Alliance, which he liberated with the aid of traveling adventurers, but could not save all the villagers - his love interest, Ottilia among them.
With the help of the charr gladium Rox and the Vigil, Braham raided several of the Molten Alliance's facilities, rescuing the prisoners and destroying the bases until the Molten Alliance were believed defeated. He then set out to rebuild Cragstead, turning it into a haven for the refugees who lost their homes in the attacks.
Braham later accompanied Rox to the opening ceremony of the human Queen's Jubilee, and came to the defense of Divinity's Reach when it was attacked by Scarlet's minions. Whilst fighting in the Tower of Nightmares with Rox, he met Marjory Delaqua and Kasmeer Meade for the first time. Later, after Scarlet Briar tested her Twisted Marionette in Lornar's Pass, the asura progeny Taimi became attached to him, and Braham was forced to pursue her into the Edge of the Mists after Captain Mai Trin's breakout. Braham participated in the Battle for Lion's Arch, and broke his leg in the final confrontation with Scarlet aboard the Breachmaker.
| He later grouped up again with Rox, Tami, Marjory, Kasmeer and the Pact Commander to look into disturbances in the Brisban Wildlands which led them into the Maguuma Wastes and the Zephyrite's airships that had been crashed there. Following the information they had, he helped track down the Master of Peace and learned of Glint's Egg which was then taken by Caithe. Braham and the others eventually tracked Caithe down, and learned that the jungle dragon Mordremoth was the cause of the recent events, but were interrupted by the Shadow of the Dragon, and while the group was able to finally kill the beast, Caithe escapeed again resulting in Braham's decision to hurry back before the Pact Fleet left to attack Mordremoth to try to talk to Destiny's Edge about Caithe.
Braham got back just in time to find the destruction of the Pact Fleet at the hands of Mordremoth, and became focused with finding Eir. He was eventually reunited with her, but the reunion turned tragic due to the appearance of a Vinetooth Prime. Eir stopped to help Faolain, her fellow prisoner, but she stabbed Eir in a cowardly attempt to escape, resulting in the Vinetooth killing Eir. Braham then buried his mother, shaving his head in the process and vowed to take down the dragon that was responsible for the death of her.
Throughout the group's time in the Heart of Maguuma, Braham was focused but impatient to move against Mordremoth. During the final battle, Braham volunteered to enter the Elder Dragon's mind alongside the Pact Commander. He was forced to confront a Mordrem imitation of his mother, Blighted Eir Stegalkin.
|After Mordremoth's fall, Braham briefly returned to Hoelbrak and helped to organize a memorial service for Eir. He left before the memorial began, however, heading into the surrounding Shiverpeaks to slay icebrood and keep himself occupied. During this time, he discovered that Jormag has become active and sent a warning to Taimi.
Afterward, Braham heard about and tracked down an ancient jotun scroll that Asgeir Dragonrender once held, so that he could Enchant Eir's Longbow with fire powerful enough to counteract Jormag's ice. He eventually tracked it down to the Bitterfrost Frontier. Rox and the Pact Commander eventually catch up to Braham has not taken his mother's death very well and has become cold and bitter. After finding the scroll and enchanting the bow, Braham departed from the Commander and Rox on poor terms and left to Hoelbrak to crack the Fang of the Serpent. With Eir's now enchanted bow, he successfully cracks Jormag's fang.
- Shiverpeak Mountains
- Lornar's Pass
- Wayfarer Foothills
- Gendarran Fields
- Lion's Arch (Under Attack!)
- Trader's Forum (During Escape from Lion's Arch)
- Lion's Arch (Enemy Controlled) (During Battle for Lion's Arch)
- Trader's Forum
- Grand Piazza
- Kessex Hills
- The Crown Pavilion (zone) (During Queen's Jubilee, Clockwork Chaos, and Festival of the Four Winds)
- Edge of the Mists (During The Edge of the Mists)
- Episode 3: Flame and Frost: The Razing
- Episode 4: Flame and Frost: Retribution
- Episode 10: Queen Jubilee
- Episode 11: Clockwork Chaos
- Episode 14: The Nightmares Within
- Special Event: The Nightmare is Over
- Episode 16: The Origins of Madness
- Episode 19: The Battle for Lion's Arch
- Episode 20: The Battle for Lion's Arch: Aftermath
- Special Event: Festival of the Four Winds
- Episode 1: Gates of Maguuma
- Episode 2: Entanglement
- Episode 3: The Dragon's Reach: Part 1
- Episode 4: The Dragon's Reach: Part 2
- Episode 5: Echoes of the Past
- Episode 6: Tangled Paths
- Episode 8: Point of No Return
Heart of Thorns story
- Act I
- Act II
- Act III
- Act IV
- True Strike - Smash your foe.
- Symbol of Faith - Smash a mystic symbol onto the ground that damages foes and regenerates allies.
- Shield of Absorption - Create a dome around you that pushes foes back and absorbs projectiles.
For historical dialogue, see here.
- At Dragon's Stand (Heart of Thorns) before completing Hearts and Minds
- When are we heading down to dig Mordremoth out? My mace is twitchy.
Do you think we can beat it? We still don't know its weakness.
- I know we can. I can feel it trembling at the very thought of us. So maybe we don't know its weakness, but it's scared. Why else would it have pulled Trahearne away? We must be close.
Hm. That's an astute observation.
- Yeah. I think some of Taimi's genius might be rubbing off on me. Don't tell her I said that.
- My lips are sealed. Tell your mace to be ready. We'll be going in soon.
- At Dragon's Stand (Heart of Thorns) after completing Hearts and Minds
- Another victory! They're adding up. Jormag's next on the docket, right?
A little rest might be in order first, don't you think?
- Rest? I'm not resting until all the Elder Dragons are dead. Eir helped you kill Zhaitan. It's up to me to help you take down the rest. I see that now, and I'm ready.
Eir would be proud of you. But, we have to rest before charging back in.
- We have a good guild. There's nothing we can't do if we put our minds to it. I suppose we've earned a little break, but hopefully not too long.
- I'm sure trouble will find us before too much time has passed, my friend.
- Combat chatter
- We can handle them, spread out!
- Enemy downed
- Glad that's over.
- Concept Art
Concept art by Naomi Baker.
- When Braham acquire's Eir's Longbow, it is shown stowed on the left, the opposite side of how it would be for players. When the longbow becomes upgraded by the jotun scroll, it shown correctly stowed on his right.
- Braham is voiced by Sam Riegel.
- No other NPC shares appearance with either Rox or Braham.
- He was first introduced in the March 26th 2013 game update.
- Braham's mace, shield, armor, and even his hair have been made available via the Gem Store.
- Braham's original name was Dyre, but some of the developers felt that the pronunciation sounded too much like "Die, Eir" so it was changed.