Through the Veil
Through the Veil
In Borealis Forest.
In Hunter's Hearth.
Through the Veil is the second personal story quest for norn characters who have chosen to "Guard the Mists" as their biography choice. After retrieving the Winter Sage for Shaman Gamli during the events of A Pup's Illness, the player must now seek out Havroun Svena, a havroun of the Snow Leopard to investigate the Mists.
Investigate the disturbance in the Mists.
- Speak to Havroun Svena at the Snow Leopard Shrine.
- Enter the Spirit World.
- Survive the Sons of Svanir assault.
- Escape from the Spirit World.
- Speak to Havroun Svena.
Speak to Valda about the Sons of Svanir in the Mists.
- Meet Svena and Eir at the Great Lodge.
- Choose an ally to accompany.
Click here to edit the reward data
- All professions
- Bag of Loot (2)
- Heavy Aquabreather, and one of the following: Resilient Shield, Malign Torch, Healing Staff
- Heavy Aquabreather, and one of the following: Malign Sword, Malign Axe, Healing Staff
- Heavy Aquabreather, and one of the following: Resilient Shield, Healing Warhorn, Mighty Greatsword
- Leather Aquabreather, and one of the following: Malign Pistol, Mighty Rifle, Resilient Shield
- Leather Aquabreather, and one of the following: Healing Warhorn, Malign Dagger, Mighty Greatsword
- Leather Aquabreather, and one of the following: Malign Pistol, Mighty Dagger, Healing Short Bow
- Cloth Aquabreather, and one of the following: Healing Focus, Mighty Dagger, Malign Staff
- Cloth Aquabreather, and one of the following: Resilient Focus, Mighty Pistol, Malign Staff
- Cloth Aquabreather, and one of the following: Malign Focus, Healing Dagger, Mighty Staff
Travel to the Snow Leopard Shrine in Wayfarer Foothills where you meet Eir. Speak with Svena, and when a portal to the Mists appears, interact with it to enter the spirit world (after the portal pulses, a blanket of mist will spread over the forest behind the portal). Immediately upon entering the Mists, a group of Sons of Svanir will attack. After defeating them, a few more waves of Sons of Svanir appear to attack Svena. Once the portal back to the waking world becomes active, interact with it to leave the spirit world, then speak with Svena again. After doing this, you can leave the instance.
Travel to the Great Lodge in Hoelbrak. Approaching Eir and Svena will start a cinematic, and when this finishes you'll have the option of choosing to seek assistance from one of two havrouns: Raven Havroun Weibe which leads to Raven's Revered, or Bear Havroun Grechen which leads to Blessed of Bear. Selecting a havroun to assist completes the mission.
The Great Lodge
- Common instance NPCs
- Eir Stegalkin: Havroun Svena will be at the shrine. I know she'll want to help us.
Speaking with Eir:
- Eir Stegalkin: Any threat to Wolf's havroun also threatens my friend Svena, the Snow Leopard havroun. She's bound to help us once we explain the situation.
- Sons before they get her. If she's smart like I expect, she'll help us get the
- Hoelbrak's greatest living legends? She'll do it. Who could refuse two of
- the Mists. I would expect any loyal havroun to stand with us against this defilement of
- Right. Let's go.
Speaking with Havroun Svena (cinematic):
- Havroun Svena: Eir Stegalkin! Good to see you again. And you've brought the Slayer of Issormir. I'm honored by your visit.
- <Character name>: The honor is mine, but this is not a social call. We've come for your help. Something awful is happening in the Mists.
- Havroun Svena: As I feared. I've been sensing disorder in the spirit world, and Wolf's shrine is shrouded in dread. Tell me what you know.
- <Character name>: Valda, the Wolf apprentice, was struck down by something she saw in the spirit world. Now she's gone mad, ranting and raving.
- Eir: Her master, Havroun Solvi, is missing. Shaman Gamli has done all he can do for Valda, but we need your help to enter the spirit world and right this wrong.
- Havroun Svena: I see. I can take you, but it will be dangerous. Opening a portal requires all my concentration. Once we're in, I'll need you to protect me or we might not get out again.
- Havroun Svena: Let's get started. Leopard willing, we won't be too late.
As Svena opens the portal to the Mists:
- Havroun Svena: Snow Leopard, grant us your stealth. Let us slip into the land of secrets.
- Havroun Svena: We come to aid those who have devoted themselves to defending the Spirits of the Wild.
- Havroun Svena: Bless us with your vision and shield us from the rising evil.
- Havroun Svena: Grant us safe passage to the Mists!
Upon discovering Sons of Svanir in the Mists:
- Havroun Svena: Wurm's blood! Sons of Svanir in the spirit world? Impossible!
- Havroun Svena: It's no good! We're too vulnerable here. I'm taking us back to the waking world.
- Havroun Svena: I need time, and I can't be interrupted. Keep me safe while I perform the ritual!
- Eir: Here they come! Defend Havroun Svena!
After defeating the first wave:
- Havroun Svena: Spirits of the Wild, here my plea!
- Eir: Stay alert. There's another wave coming!
Speaking with Eir Stegalkin during the fight:
- There's no time to talk. Fight!
- Of course.
After defeating the second wave:
- Havroun Svena: Our enemies surround us in your world. Let us return to ours.
- Havroun Svena: See us away from this danger, away from your domain.
- Eir: Be careful! The Spirit Realm does not obey the rules of the physical world. They can come from anywhere!
After leaving the spirit world and speaking with Svena again (cinematic):
- Havroun Svena: I've never seen anything like this. Jormag isn't a Spirit of the Wild. Its followers should not be able to enter the spirit world, even if they call themselves "shamans."
- Eir Stegalkin: That could be why Valda was ranting about invaders. The Sons of Svanir mus have attacked the Wolf havroun—like they attacked us.
- Havroun Svena: I need to rest and meditate to regain my balance. Afterward, I will speak with Valda.
- <Character name>: That won't be easy. Valda is raving, lost in madness. Nothing she says makes sense.
- Havroun Svena: Not to you perhaps, but maybe I can decipher it. I'll meet you in the Great Lodge.
Speaking with your allies before leaving:
- Havroun Svena: I need a moment to steady myself, <Character name>. I'll meet you in the Great Lodge.
- All right, Svena. Until then.
- Eir Stegalkin: You go on ahead, <Character name>. I'll stay with Svena until she recovers. We'll meet you at the Great Lodge.
- I understand, Eir. See you soon.
The Great Lodge
As you enter The Great Lodge:
- Havroun Svena: I wish I could do more. Taking others with me was more difficult than I planned.
- Eir Stegalkin: It's all right. You're used to working alone. I can appreciate that.
- Havroun Svena: So I've heard. I never see you anymore. Garm socializes more than you do these days.
- Eir Stegalkin: Well I've been busy with the Great Hunt, and the Slayer has been keeping me even busier.
Approaching Svena and Eir (cinematic):
- Havroun Svena: Valda's condition has not improved. I believe her spirit is stuck between this world and the Mists. She cannot return fully to her body.
- <Character name>: How is that possible?
- Havroun Svena: Havrouns can physically enter the Mists, but we can also leave our bodies behind and send just the spirit. It is extremely difficult.
- Eir Stegalkin: What if Solvi was killed while teaching Valda how to step into the Mists? It could leave her mind trapped there, lost in the spirits.
- Havroun Svena: Yes. But if we rescue her from the Mists, we'll have to fight the Sons of Svanir. And I am no match for them there.
- Eir Stegalkin: Then we need a more experienced havroun. I suggest either Weibe of Raven or Grechen of Bear. They do not get along at all, so we should approach only one of them.
- Havroun Svena: Agreed. Either would have a better chance than I. Gamli and I will care for Valda until you and the Slayer return.
Speaking with Eir and Gamli before making a decision with Svena:
- Eir Stegalkin: Havrouns are accustomed to working alone. It's very rare for one to ask for help, but Svena is wise enough to know that she cannot enter the Mists alone.
And wiser for relying on us. If she can get us to the Mists, we'll do the rest.
- Remember to be respectful. Svena's not just a powerful havroun, she's my friend. And she's very proud.
- I'll be the soul of courtesy. Come on, let's talk to Svena.
I'm interested in seeing an experienced havroun in action.
- Excellent. Always be eager to learn, and you'll always be prepared for what lies ahead.
- Good advice. Come on, let's see what Svena has to teach us.
- I'm glad. Helping her helps us find Valda.
- Shaman Gamli: Thank you for helping Valda. I wish I could do more.
I'll find out who's behind this and make them pay dearly!
- I have no doubt, <Character name>. May Wolf guide you and Eir in your quest for aid. His blessing be on your pack, and on poor Valda.
- Thanks. And if Wolf cannot help Valda right now, don't worry—we can.
You've done plenty. For now, tend to the rest of your pack and leave Valda to us.
- I will see to my pack, but I will stay for her recovery. Wolf's blessing upon you and yours. And please...hurry.
- We'll do our best. Good-bye.
You got Valda the help she needs. Wolf himself couldn't ask for more.
- I appreciate your confidence, but I demand more of myself. Go with wolf's blessing.
- Thank you, Gamli. And rest assured we'll do all in our power to help Valda.
- You've done well already. Good-bye.
Speaking with Valda:
- Apprentice Valda: Master Solvi...no...stop them...help us...the...the Mists...
- Hang in there, Valda. Help is on the way.
Speaking with Havroun Svena to make the choice:
- Havroun Svena: Have you decided between Grechen of Bear or Weibe of Raven?
I'll take Grechen. Bear's methods seem the best. Where do I find her?
- We all cover a lot of territory—only one havroun for each spirit. Last I heard, Grechen went east to Breakneck Pass to investigate a vision of impending disaster.
- To Breakneck Pass, then. Thanks, Svena.
- Actually, can you tell me more about Weibe?
- I need more time before I decide.
- I'll take Weibe. Raven's methods seem the best. Where do I find him?
First, I need more information about these havrouns.
- What would you like to know?
What is havroun Grechen like?
- Grechen is much like bear: huge and fierce, and so powerful the ground shakes when she charges into battle. A formidable ally.
- She sounds perfect. Where can I find her?
- Impressive. But what about Weibe? (leads to "What is Grechen like?")
- I need more time before I decide.
What is havroun Weibe like?
- Weibe is a necromancer. His dark methods are just and honorable, even with power over life and death. A valuable ally.
- Power over life and death is just what we need. Where can I find Weibe?
- And Grechen? What about her? (leads to "What is Grechen like?")
- That's good to know. Give me a moment to think it over before I decide.
What about you? You're a havroun.
- Yes, but if you go back with me, the Sons of Svanir will surely destroy us. Weibe and Grechen are better spirit-warriors than I am for this task.
- Your honesty is helpful. What can you tell me about Grechen? (leads to "What is Grechen like?")
- Your honesty is helpful. What can you tell me about Weibe? (leads to "What is Weibe like?")
- I'm not ready to choose yet.
Speaking Svena after making a decision:
- Havroun Svena: We should get going.
- Previous text
- Havround Svena took Eir and me into the Mists to investigate Valda's illness. When we arrived there, we were attacked by the Sons of Svanir! This must be what Valda was ranting about. I need to see if she can tell us any more about what happened to her.
Valda still can't tell us what happened to her in the Mists, so Havroun Svena suggested we seek help from one of the other havrouns.