Means to an End
Means to an End
Return the horn to the Great Lodge.
- Meet Eir at the Great Lodge.
- Place the horn on its mount.
- Defeat Niilo Wolfskinner.
Click here to edit the reward data
- All professions
- Dolyak Mail, Duty-Bound Duffers
- Wolfborn Vest, Ragamuffin Toeshoes
- Sheepskin Doublet, Homespun Espadrilles
Go to The Great Lodge in Hoelbrak and talk to Eir Stegalkin. She'll tell you to put the horn on the nearby trophy mount. When you do so, there will be a brief cinematic and Niilo Wolfskinner will appear with several Sons of Svanir. You will be aided by Eir Stegalkin, Garm and nearby Wolfborn. After the battle is over there will be another cinematic with Eir.
- Bear Spirit (only if you chose Bear during character creation)
- Raven Spirit (only if you chose Raven during character creation)
- Snow Leopard Spirit (only if you chose Snow Leopard during character creation)
- Wolf Spirit (only if you chose Wolf during character creation)
- Standard Hunter's Hearth allies (these don't assist during the fight)
Approaching Eir Stegalkin (cinematic):
- Eir Stegalkin: Something troubling you, Slayer? You've been as silent as snowfall since we left the kodan.
- <Character name>: It's the horn. I was irresponsible for gambling it away in the first place. It's not the best way to honor a legacy.
- Eir Stegalkin: And yet you tracked it down, fought Varg, and rescued the horn. I was proud to stand with you. You truly honored a legacy, and infused it with your own.
- <Character name>: When I was young, I thought our legend was built on drinking and killing. Turns out it gets forged in quieter moments, like now, standing with a friend after an adventure.
- Eir Stegalkin: I am honored to be your friend. It's been a while since I've used that word.
- Eir Stegalkin: Place the horn on the trophy mount. Let us reflect on what we've learned, friend.
Speaking to Eir before placing the horn:
- Eir Stegalkin: You should put that horn in its rightful place.
After placing the horn:
- Niilo Wolfskinner: There it is. Romke's horn! Grab it and cut down these weaklings.
- Niilo Wolfskinner: Out of my way, woman!
- Eir Stegalkin: The corruption is stronger than we thought. The horn is defending itself!
After defeating the Sons of Svanir:
- Eir Stegalkin: It's shattered. All that work, and the horn is broken. I thought we could save it. I though we could keep Romke's legacy in your hands.
- <Character name>: Yet the horn saved us and defeated the Sons. If it were a norn, we would say that it fought and died well. And we would celebrate that norn's legacy.
- <Character name>: What's important is what we take away. I can be obsessed about the pieces on the ground or be inspired by the legacy. I choose inspiration.
- Eir Stegalkin: That's a choice I've wrestled with, too. Travel well, Slayer. Until we meet again.
Speaking to Eir after the chapter is complete:
- Eir: There's no magic left in the horn. Thank the Spirits you kept it from the Sons of Svanir. I'd say you earned back your ancestor's legacy.
- After all this, I hope it inspires future generations.
-  depowered, I'm glad to display it as a keepsake. Thanks, Eir. Even if its