Wurm (Spirit of the Wild)
As the natural embodiment of all wurms, Wurm was revered as one of the Spirits of the Wild among the norn. Egil Fireteller, a respected figure among the norn, mentioned Wurm alongside other notable Spirits such as Bear, Owl, Ox, Raven, and Wolf, suggesting that Wurm may have held some importance in the past before the norn began regarding it as a lesser Spirit.
After the Elder Dragon Jormag's rise and the norn exodus in 1165 AE, all Spirits became aware of a prophecy involving a chosen norn who would either slay or fall to Jormag after cracking the Fang of the Serpent.
In 1333 AE, Braham Eirsson tried to invoke the Great Spirits of Bear, Raven, Snow Leopard, and Wolf to open the enchanted door to the Sanctum of the Wild, an ancient place of power in the Drizzlewood Coast where the norn had first encountered the Spirits of the Wild. When the Great Spirits remained silent, Braham resorted to reaching out to the Lesser Spirits to invoke their power instead as the door would only open if several Spirits worked together.
As the Lesser Spirits did not know Braham, he had to prove his worth as the norn of prophecy. Several Lesser Spirits, including Wurm, collectively spoke through Braham and presented a riddle which they expected Braham and his companions, including the Pact Commander, to solve as a test. The Spirits ultimately helped open the door with their spiritual energy once Braham and the Commander had successfully solved the riddle by placing notable Spirits' statues on their pedestals in a specific order.
- ^ a b Skuld
- ^ Still Waters Speaking
- Wolf Spirit: The kodan ignore our voices. They cannot speak to Ox, Eagle, or Wolverine. But Braham can.
- Braham Eirsson: Why me?
- Wolf Spirit: You cracked the Fang of the Serpent. Fate now decrees you will either slay Jormag or fall to Jormag.
- Wolf Spirit: All Spirits know this. Even when taken and corrupted. You must go to their shrines. Demand their power. [...]
- Wolf Spirit: You are a norn of prophecy, but you are not yet true norn. Any can wear the wolf, but only true norn can become the wolf.
- ^ Lodge Keeper Kevach
- ^ Pantheon of the Wild
- Braham Eirsson: This place was built to honor all the Spirits. The door can only open if enough of them are working together.
- Braham Eirsson: The Great Spirits aren't talking, so we need the other Spirits to help. I can feel them. Hare, Otter, Griffon... [...]
- Braham Eirsson: The Lesser Spirits don't know me. I need to prove I'm worthy, like I did to the others. [...]
- Crecia Stoneglow: Just about ready! Braham, do we have it?
- Braham Eirsson: I think so. I have the Lesser Spirits' power, now we just need...
- Braham Eirsson: Ox. There's Eagle. And Wolverine! That's it! That's—