- 1325 AE
- Personal story
- Death from Below
- Ossencrest Climb
- Preceded by
- Dredge Technology
- Followed by
- The Dredge Hideout
Loading screen for Scholars Cleft instance
Defend Scholar's Cleft from the dredge attack.
- Warn Scholar's Cleft of the impending dredge attack.
- Lift the siege by destroying the dredge vehicles and mortars. destroyed: x/8
- Speak to the head scholar.
Confer with Eir and the order reps in Hoelbrak.
- Report your findings to Eir and the order reps.
- Choose a course of action.
Click here to edit the reward data
- All professions
- Bag of Loot (4)
- One of the following: Strong Iron Mace, Strong Iron Sword, Strong Simple Scepter
- One of the following: Strong Iron Mace, Strong Iron Sword, Strong Iron Axe
- One of the following: Strong Journeymen Longbow, Strong Iron Mace, Strong Iron Rifle
- One of the following: Strong Iron Shield, Strong Iron Rifle, Strong Iron Pistol
- One of the following: Strong Journeymen Longbow, Strong Iron Axe, Strong Iron Sword
- One of the following: Strong Iron Dagger, Strong Simple Short Bow, Strong Iron Sword
- One of the following: Strong Simple Staff, Strong Simple Scepter, Strong Iron Dagger
- One of the following: Strong Simple Staff, Strong Simple Scepter, Strong Iron Pistol
- One of the following: Strong Simple Scepter, Strong Iron Axe, Strong Iron Dagger
- First instance
- Second instance
- Scholar Vivian (labeled as Priory Scholar)
- Scholar Haevris
- Scholar Prott
Approaching Scholar Prott (cinematic):
- Scholar Prott: Glad to have you with us, Slayer. Scholar's Cleft is abuzz with rumors of an impending dredge attack.
- Scholar Prott: When I left, some of the faculty were convinced the attack was imminent.
- Scholar Prott: Studying the dragons for so long makes one eager to confront a more manageable foe. If you don't mind, let's hurry before full-on panic sets in.
- <Character name>: I don't mind at all. If trouble's coming to Scholar's Cleft, I want to be there to meet it.
During the dredge attack:
- Priory Explorer: We never saw them coming...please, help us...our leader is in danger.
In Scholar's Cleft:
- Vyacheslav: Forget the scholars. I have the information we need. Get out of here before reinforcements show up.
- Fionna: Stay back. I won't allow harm to come to little Meowmers!
Talking to the NPCs during the attack / before talking to the head scholar:
- Scholar Prott: Scholar's Cleft and everyone in there are in danger. We need to get the dredge out of there.
- Fionna: My cat! My poor Mrs. Meowmers! Please, keep her safe. She's all the family I have left.
- Don't worry, I'll protect you both.
- Scholar Haevris: No time to chat. Dredge skulls need cracking.
- On it.
- Scholar Emberlight: I know a dredge attack when I hear one. You take care of the mole people, I'll protect Mr. Cluckers. Have you met him? He's our unofficial mascot and official test chicken.
- I'll catch up with him later.
Talking to the the head scholar / priory scholar (cinematic):
- Scholar Vivian: Thank the Six Gods. You arrived just in time. The dredge have gone crazy!
- <Character name>: We're here to help. Do you have any idea what those brutes wanted?
- Scholar Vivian: They were after a very specific book on ancient architecture. Their leader, Vyacheslav, fled with it just a moment ago.
- <Character name>: A book on architecture? Can dredge even read?
- Scholar Prott: If the dredge got what they wanted, I doubt they'll be back. Tend to the wounded, scholar. The Slayer and I will deal with the dredge.
- Scholar Prott: I need to report this to my superiors at the Priory, Slayer. I'll meet you back in Hoelbrak when I'm finished, and then we'll speak to the others.
Talking to the NPCs after the attack / after speaking with the priory scholar:
- Priory Scholar: So many dead. And over a book we'd have shared, if they'd asked! Thank you for your help. You saved our lives.
- The dead will be avenged, scholar. I'll see to that.
- Scholar Prott: Things have taken a disturbing turn. We should confer with the other representatives.
- Right. Let's head back to Hoelbrak.
- Scholar Emberlight: Is it over? I hate avoiding the fight, but I was ordered to keep Mr. Cluckers safe.
- I'd say you did your duty, Scholar.
- Scholar Haevris: Thanks for the help. We had wind of a dredge attack, but didn't believe it. That rumor pops up so often we've learned to ignore it.
- Glad I was here to help.
- Fionna: Horrible dredge! So much bloodshed. Thank you for your help. At least this little one made it through the fighting.
- You were both fortunate. Be well, both of you.
Approaching the order reps:
- Crusader Thurkill: I tell you the dredge are testing this new weapon on Vigil soldiers. It has to be destroyed. Now!
- Agent Ifwyn: It might be better to steal the weapon. Learn its secrets, develop a defense.
- Agent Ifwyn: If it's especially lethal, we might even want to turn it against the dragons themselves.
- Scholar Prott: An intriguing notion, agent. But I agree, the weapon deserves a closer look.
Confer with the Order representatives (cinematic):
- <Character name>: The rumors were true: dredge did attack Scholar's Creft. They killed a lot of people and stole an ancient tome.
- Scholar Prott: They were led by a dredge named Vyacheslav. On his orders, they murdered my colleagues for a book about architecture.
- Agent Ifwyn: Why? What was in the book that would be worth killing and dying for?
- Crusader Turkill: Does it matter? I'm here to report that the Vigil just lost another squad to this mystery weapon. The dredge and their new toy must be stopped.
- Scholar Prott: I think we all agree on that. But the Priory isn't going to charge in without more information.
- Crusader Turkill: Then step aside. We know they're keeping the weapon near Molenheide. We'll fight our way in and destroy it.
- Agent Ifwyn: Or we could sneak in and steal it. By the time the dredge build another one, we'll have a response prepared.
- Crusader Turkill: As long as we do something now to prevent more loss of life. What say you, Slayer? Steal the weapon, or destroy it?
Talking to Eir:
- Eir Stegalkin: How are things shaping up? Do you have a feel for the orders and how they operate?
- Not yet, but the dredge problem will give me plenty of opportunities.
Talking to the Order representatives:
- Agent Ifwyn: The Vigil would throw bodies at the problem and waste lives. With the subterfuge I have planned, what we need falls into our hands.
- The Dredge Hideout) I agree. We should achieve our goal quickly, quietly, and efficiently. (leads to
- I'm still undecided.
- Crusader Thurkill: Ifwyn's smart and her intentions are good, but she underestimates our strength. If you stand with the Vigil, we'll overwhelm the dredge before they can fight back.
- Dredge Assault) Direct and to the point. I like it. Let's go. (leads to
- I need a moment to decide.
- Scholar Prott: We have a much better chance with you to assist us.
Talking to the representatives after deciding to go with the Vigil:
- Crusader Thurkill: You have made a wise choice. When it comes to dredge, the Vigil way is the only way.
- Agreed. Let's get started.
- Agent Ifwyn: I'm disappointed, of course, but I understand. You have to make a few false starts before you find your true path.
- I hope we get to work together soon, Ifwyn.
Talking to the representatives after deciding to go with the Order of Whispers:
- Agent Ifwyn: You won't regret this, <Character Name>. Victory through stealth and smarts is often more rewarding.
- As long as it gets results, I'm on board.
- Crusader Thurkill: I can't believe you chose the Order of Whispers path. I thought you were the Slayer, not the Sneaker.
- Perhaps, but I have to see for myself.