A Pup's Illness
A Pup's Illness
— Beta in-game description
Wolf Shaman Gamli needs my assistance.
- Speak to Shaman Gamli at the Wolf Shrine.
Harvest winter sage from the grawl caves.
- Retrieve the Winter Sage.
Bring the winter sage to Valda in Hoelbrak.
- Bring the winter sage to Valda in Hoelbrak.
Click here to edit the reward data
- All professions
- One of the following: Chainmail Gauntlets, Ringmail Gauntlets, Scale Gauntlets
- One of the following: Rawhide Bracers, Marksman's Bracers, Studded Leather Bracers
- One of the following: Cloth Gloves, Linen Gloves, Velvet Gloves
Once you reach level 10, check the mail interface for your new message from Shaman Gamli. Head to the Wolf Shrine in Borealis Forest, where Gamli asks you to retrieve winter sage from the grawl caves of Grawlenfjord.
Head to the grawl caves and enter the story instance. You must fight your way through a number of grawl before coming to an ice elemental guarding the winter sage. Slay the elemental and gather the winter sage, at which point you can now leave the instance.
Bring the winter sage to The Great Lodge in Hoelbrak to complete this part of your story.
The Great Lodge
In your mail after reaching level 10:
Open world, Borealis Forest
Speaking to Wolf Shaman Gamli (cinematic):
- Shaman Gamli: Ya hey there, Slayer! Thank you for coming to help - I've got a serious problem. Wolf teaches us to pull together, to work as a pack. In his name, I ask for your help.
- <Character name>: I'm always willing to help, Gamli. Of course I will honor Wolf's teachings. Tell me your problem.
- Shaman Gamli: It concerns the warrior-shamans known as havrouns. Valda, the Wolf havroun's apprentice, was found in a death-like sleep in the woods.
- Shaman Gamli: Nothing I do seems to help. There's one treatment I have yet to try, but it requires a special flower known as winter sage.
- <Character name>: And this winter sage can revive Valda?
- Shaman Gamli: I hope so. Unfortunately, it can only be found deep in the grawl caves to the east. And it's extremely fragile.
- Shaman Gamli: It will be difficult to get past the grawl and return with the flower intact. If you can, bring it to me in the Great Lodge of Hoelbrak. I'll be there, at Valda's side.
- <Character name>: I will obtain this precious flower, grawl or no grawl. In Wolf's name, I swear it!
Approaching the Ice Elemental:
- Grawl Shaman: Don't falter! Our god will slay the intruders!
Investigating the Toy Sword in the passage:
- Toy Sword: This small wooden sword looks like the ones children play with. it is splintered and ragged.
Inspect the wooden sword.
- A clump of matted grawl hair is lodged in the blade. Someone used this sword for defense.
Investigate the immediate area.
- There are spatters of old, dried blood on the ground. Whatever occurred here happened long ago.
- The grawl attacked a child? I'll kill ten of them for every tear that innocent shed.
- This brave child fought back against the grawl. I will see this innocent avenged.
Upon inspecting the Winter Sage:
- Winter Sage: Except for its reported restorative properties and the fact that it thrives in these dark, damp conditions, the winter sage seems like an unremarkable plant.
- Pluck a blossom.
The Great Lodge
- <Character name>: Here's the winter sage, Gamli. Hello, Eir. Did the shaman summon you to help as well?
- Shaman Gamli: She says she came by to observe you, but Wolf wishes her to be here. Valda's been slipping in and out of consciousness and raving about the spirit world.
- Shaman Gamli: The sage should calm her down. She keeps saying the same thing over and over: invaders in the Mists.
- Eir: Can her ravings have any meaning? Only shamans and havrouns can freely travel there.
- <Character name>: Then we need another havroun to help us. We must see what's happening in the Mists for ourselves.
- Eir: Snow Leopard's havroun, Svena, is friends with me, as well as Valda and Master Solvi. Meet me at her shrine and we'll ask her for help.
Speaking with your allies before departing:
- Eir Stegalkin: By the Spirits, her screams...I can't stand to see anyone like this. We have to find out what happened to Valda before it afflicts anyone else.
- We will, Eir. We'll search beyond the world and into the Mists if we have to.
- Shaman Gamli: I don't understand. It's as if Valda's spirit is trapped outside her body. Please, help her.
- I'll do what I can.
- Shaman Valda: The ice moves! It crawls, it consumes! No escape! One by one, they come for us. Death comes, cold and dark. The light dies. Wolf! Aid me! Release me! Release me!
- Easy, Valda. Try to stay calm. We'll find a way to help you.