Blessed of Bear
Blessed of Bear
Find and recruit Bear Havroun Grechen.
- Find Havroun Grechen in Breakneck Pass
- Survive the ambush
- Clear the road
- Escort the caravan out of breakneck Pass
- Speak to Bear Havroun Grechen
Click here to edit the reward data
- All professions
- One of three fine chest armor: Ringmail Armor, Scale Hauberk, or Chainmail Armor
- One of three fine chest armor: Rawhide Vest, Marksman's Jerkin, or Studded Leather Vest
- One of three fine chest armor: Linen Garment, Velvet Coat, or Cloth Coat
Start the mission near Breakneck Pass. Just down the road to the north you will see Bear Havroun Grechen telling a dolyak caravan to stop because there is an ambush ahead. When the caravan goes forward a bit more, there is an avalanche which blocks the road. Then about 15 to 20 Sons of Svanir will attack in several waves. They jump off the cliffs and land either in front of you or behind you.
After you beat the Sons of Svanir, one of the bears with the caravan will clear the avalanche. Then go further along the road, you will encounter a series of three log roadblocks. When you get close to each roadblock, you will be attacked by 4 to 6 Sons of Svanir. They can pop up near the roadblocks, or behind you.
After beating all the Sons of Svanir, and clearing all the roadblocks, head for the green star at the edge of the mission area. When you get close enough the mission ends, and you can ask Grechen to help you with the next mission.
Upon entering Breakneck Pass:
- Eir Stegalkin: Havroun Grechen is just ahead, but it looks like there may be trouble.
Speaking with Eir:
- Eir Stegalkin: Grechen's around here somewhere. For someone who shouts as loud as she does, you'd think she'd be easier to track down.
- Don't worry, I've tracked down plenty of bears. Bear's havroun can't be that different.
Upon reaching Havroun Grechen:
- Havroun Grechen: Halt, driver! Stop this caravan!
- Caravan Leader: Get out of the way! Who are you? What do you think you're doing? We are on a tight schedule!
- Havroun Grechen: I am Grechen, Havroun of Bear, and I'm saving your miserable lives. Now, be still!
- Warrior: Avalanche!
- Caravan Guard: Ambush! Look alive, it's the Sons of Svanir!
Speaking with Eir during the fight:
- Eir Stegalkin: This will be a great chance for you to see Grechen in action. To stand by the Bear havroun and fight alongside her—you could learn a lot from her.
- I look forward to it. Maybe I can teach her a thing or two in the process.
After defeating the first wave of attackers:
- Eir Stegalkin: Get ready. Sons of Svanir on the read ahead.
After defeating the second wave of attackers:
- Eir Stegalkin: They're jumping from the cliffs above! Watch yourself!
After defeating the third wave of attackers:
- Eir Stegalkin: Watch it! They're coming through the snow bank!
After surviving the ambush:
- Caravan Leader: Looks like that's the last of them. Thanks for saving our lives. Now, let's clear this road!
Speaking with the Caravan Leader:
- Caravan Leader: What a mess...but at least we're still alive, and my cargo is intact. Thank you.
- My pleasure. Save travels!
Upon reaching the end of the road (cinematic):
- Havroun Grechen: Eir Stegalkin! Why, those louses in Hoelbrak said you'd retired. Bear's fuzzy backside, is that the Slayer of Issormir with you?
- <Character name>: None other. How did you know there would be an attack on this caravan?
- Havroun Grechen: I had a warning from Bear. Did she also bring you here to aid me? No matter: I owe you a debt of thanks. How can I repay you?
- <Character name>: Somehow, the Sons of Svanir have entered the spirit world. They struck down the Wolf Havroun Solvi and his apprentice, Valda.
- Havroun Grechen: I've never heard of the Sons being able to enter the spirit world. With Bear as my witness, it will not stand.
- Eir Stegalkin: There's more. Solvi is missing, and his apprentice's spirit is trapped in the Mists. We must help Valda return if we hope to find her master.
- <Character name>: With your help, we can find Valda's spirit in the Mists, and hopefully save Havroun Solvi.
- Havroun Grechen: Done. Just let me finish escorting this caravan. I'll meet you in Hoelbrak's Great Lodge as soon as I can.
Speaking with Grechen before departing:
- Havroun Grechen: I have to finish what I've started, but I'll meet up with you as soon as I can.
- We'll be ready. See you in Hoelbrak.
Speaking with Eir before departing:
- Eir Stegalkin: Havrouns are accustomed to working alone. It's very rare for one to ask for help, but Svena is wise enough to know that she cannot enter the Mists alone.
And wiser for relying on us. If she can get us to the Mists, we'll do the rest.
- Remember to be respectful. Svena's not just a powerful havroun, she's my friend. And she's very proud.
- I'll be the soul of courtesy. Come on, let's talk to Svena.
I'm interested in seeing an experienced havroun in action.
- Excellent. Always be eager to learn, and you'll always be prepared for what lies ahead.
- Good advice. Come on, let's see what Svena has to teach us.
- I'm glad. Helping her helps us find Valda.