Ambush the dredge and recover the vehicle.
- Rendezvous with the Gear Warband.
- Arm the mine.
- Take cover until Ballista signals the attack.
- Hold off the dredge while Mangonel repairs the chugger.
Click here to edit the reward data
- All professions
- One of the following: Malign Chain Legs, Mighty Chain Legs, Resilient Chain Legs
- One of the following: Malign Seeker Pants, Mighty Seeker Pants, Resilient Seeker Pants
- One of the following: Malign Embroidered Pants, Mighty Embroidered Pants, Resilient Embroidered Pants
To reach the first instance, head northeast through the Wayfarer Foothills to Diessa Plateau. The instance marker is east of Charrgate Haven Waypoint.
During the first cinematic you are briefed that the charr have planted a mine in the road which will disrupt the dredge en route. When prompted to, go arm the mine, then return to hide with the charr (if the cutscene doesn't trigger when you do this, try going back to the mine and then walking to the charr again).
The dredge in the tank are quickly overwhelmed, however more dredge emerge from the ground, accompanied by their APUs and mining suits. After the final cinematic the mission is complete.
Talking to Ballista Geargrind on arrival (cutscene):
- Mangonel Gearstrip: Welcome to the party, Slayer. If those dredge hurt our chugger, I'm gonna hit them so hard their children will be born bruised!
- Ballista Geargrind: Pay attention you rejects! We've planted a mine in the road. It's not armed yet, because I don't want some random idiot setting it off.
- <Character name>: A mine? I thought you wanted to recover the vehicle, not blow it up.
- Ballista Geargrind: Quiet, you. This is front line Iron Legion equipment, not asuran crystal-magic rainbow trash. It might get a dent, but the dredge won't get off that easy.
- Mangonel Gearstrip: You like shredded mole meat, Slayer? Ha! Don't worry, we'll hose the chugger off before we drive it home.
- Ballista Geargrind: Gear warband! Take positions in the tree line. Not you, Slayer. I got a special job for you.
- Ballista Geargrind: Go in, arm the mine, then fall back. When it detonates under the vehicle, you lead the charge! Ready? Good. Now get moving!
After planting the mine:
- Ballista Geargrind: Keep your head down, and they'll never know what hit them.
- Ballista Geargrind: Now! Attack! Kill them all!
After defeating the first wave of dredge:
- Mangonel Gearstrip: That's that. I gotta say, these mole men didn't put up much of a fight. I'm not impressed.
- Ballista Geargrind: A victory's a victory, soldier. Now secure that vehicle. We're getting out of here.
- Mangonel Gearstrip: Right away. Hang on...do you hear that? Something's coming. Sounds like trouble.
- Ballista Geargrind: I hear it. Gear warband! Look alive! The dredge are coming back for more!
During the fight:
- Mangonel Gearstrip: Ha! Look at those limbs fly!
- Mangonel Gearstrip: More dredge for the meat grinder!
- Mangonel Gearstrip: Is that all? I thought dredge were supposed to be tenacious—whoops! Spoke too soon.
After the fight (cutscene):
- Mangonel Gearstrip: All clear. Now that was a real kick in the arse! I didn't think dredge had that kind of fight in 'em.
- Ballista Geargrind: Stop crowing and sweep the area for survivors. We don't want any more surprises.
- Ballista Geargrind: All right, Slayer. It's ours again and you're clear. But if you really want to square things, I've got one more job for you.
- <Character name>: Name it. If I can repay you with interest, so much the better.
- Ballista Geargrind: We're ordered to find the Ascalonian ghosts that are attacking caravans near Grendich Ruins and give them a taste of our munitions.
- <Character name>: It'd be my pleasure. I never did get a chance to fire that cannon.