Darkness at Drakentelt
Darkness at Drakentelt
Challenge Varg at Drakentelt and retrieve your ancestral horn.
- Meet Eir and Followed by Night at Drakentelt.
- Lure Varg out by defeating his minions.
- Defeat Varg.
- Speak to Eir to choose: keep Romke's horn, or destroy it.
Click here to edit the reward data
- All professions
- One of the following: Malign Chain Legs, Mighty Chain Legs, Resilient Chain Legs
- One of the following: Malign Seeker Pants, Mighty Seeker Pants, Resilient Seeker Pants
- One of the following: Malign Embroidered Pants, Mighty Embroidered Pants, Resilient Embroidered Pants
Eir and Followed by Night will be waiting for you after entering the mission, approaching them will begin the first cinematic. Make your way up the path, defeating the first group of Svanir. When you approach the structure, Ice Elementals will spawn. It is best to defeat the Son of Svanir first in the area as they will eventually come in and add to the fight. When all are defeated, Varg will burst out of the structure and cinematic will begin.
Varg will attack after, he will summon an Icebrood Elemental, but just concentrate fire on him. Adds will despawn when is defeated. Talk with Eir to make a choice on the next mission, destroy the horn (progress to Preserving the Balance) or take it back to Hoelbrak (which leads to Means to an End).
Cinematic upon approaching Eir and Followed by Night:
- Followed by Night: Yes. The imbalance is stronger here. I can sense the horn, casting a dark shadow.
- Eir Stegalkin: Varg used the horn to summon ice imps. If he found a way to infuse the horn with Jormag's corruption, there's no telling what else he could unleash with it.
- <Character name>: Then stay close and move fast. We're not leaving without the horn.
Talking to Eir after first cinematic:
- Eir Stegalkin: We must find Varg. Every time he uses the horn, he leaves destruction in his wake. He has to be stopped.
- Trust me, we'll find him and stop him.
Talking to Followed by Night after first cinematic:
- Followed by Night: This is the place. The corruption I feel comes from this site. Varg must be near.
- Good. Then the horn must also be near.
Upon approaching the Sons of Svanir:
- Son of Svanir: Varg has Dragon's favor. He's been transformed.
- Son of Svanir: It's that horn he has. He can summon all sorts of beasts with it. Dragon must be impressed with Varg's cunning.
- Son of Svanir: Cunning? Ha! He won that horn cheating at dice. Dragon was impressed with that.
When Elementals appear:
- Followed by Night: These creatures are not natural.
- Eir Stegalkin: Varg must have summoned them with the horn. Finish them quickly!
Cinematic confronting Varg
- <Character name>: Varg! You cheated me out of my inheritance. I know your dice were loaded. Give me back my ancestor's horn!
- Varg: You were stupid enough to be cheated. You were stupid enough not to know how powerful this horn is. Now you'll die because you were stupid enough to fight me.
- Eir Stegalkin: Hand over the horn, Varg, and no one has to suffer.
- Varg: No, but if you bow down before me, girl, I'll make your sacrifice to Jormag a fast one.
- <Character name>: Then it's by force.
While fighting Varg:
- Varg: You'll never beat me! Jormag's strength makes me invincible!
Cinematic after defeating Varg:
- <Character name>: The horn's still in one piece, but it feels strange, like a bitter wind is blowing through it all the time.
- Followed by Night: It is Jormag's corruption, from every crevice and corner. It is no longer the horn we crafted for Romke.
- Followed by Night: It has become a vessel of darkness, terrible and dangerous. My people know a way to destroy such distortion.
- Eir Stegalkin: But in our hands, we can preserve Romke's legacy. His descendant should decide whether to keep the horn, or destroy it.
- Eir Stegalkin: It is your choice, Slayer. You can reclaim the horn and Romke's legacy.
- Followed by Night: Or you can maintain the balance by destroying this corrupted horn. Choose wisely, southerner.
Talking to Followed by Night after final cinematic:
- Followed by Night: The horn must be destroyed. Even if it's used for good, the balance will still be disrupted.
- I understand. Both options must be weighed carefully.
Making the decision:
- Eir Stegalkin: You are Romke's descendant, so the choice must be yours. Honor your ancestor and keep the horn, or respect the wishes of the kodan and destroy it.
I share the kodan's concern. The horn is dangerous. Heirloom or no, it has to be destroyed.
- Eir Stegalkin: You surprise me, Slayer. The horn is your link to your ancestor. I didn't think you'd abandon what you could preserve.
- Preserving the Balance.) This is what I have to do. I think Romke would understand my choice. (Leads to
- This is a weighty decision. Perhaps I need to think about it some more.
The horn is my legacy, and an important part of my ancestor's legend. I can't destroy that.
- Eir Stegalkin: A brave choice, and one the kodan won't like. The horn might be dangerous, but we can make sure it doesn't fall into the wrong hands.
- Means to an End.) Romke's legacy is important to the norn, and to me. I know now that I have to protect it. (Leads to
- The horn could be a threat. I'll need to think about this some more.
- I need more time to decide.
Talking to Eir after you choosing and decide to destroy the horn:
- Eir Stegalkin: I support you in this. The horn was the last legacy of one of the greatest norn heroes of legend, but it was still too dangerous to be kept.
- Thank you for believing in me, Eir. It was not an easy choice.
Talking to Followed by Night after you choosing and decide to destroy the horn:
- Followed by Night: You have made the hard choice of sacrifice over memory. Koda smiles on your wisdom, and knows this decision was not an easy one. We shall help you restore balance.
- Agreed. We can't risk someone like Varg getting their hands on it again.
Talking to Eir after you choosing and decide to keep the horn:
- Eir Stegalkin: I can't argue with your decision. Kodan or no kodan, Romke was a great hero and his legacy must be preserved. Prove yourself by keeping it safe as he did, and your own legend will grow.
- That's exactly what I had in mind. Thank you, Eir.
Talking to Followed by Night after you choosing and decide to keep the horn:
- Followed by Night: You disappoint me, southerner. The horn is not what we crafted for your ancestor. It is a corrupted vessel. Break it now, and bring balance back to the world.
- I can't cut ties to my past so quickly. I will make sure it doesn't end up in the wrong hands again.